Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly. Who the heck waits this long then gives in on things they want because they might wait a few more months? That makes no sense to me at all.
ME
Not waiting for ManSquatch .... not paying for BadManSquatch either...lol
May just go close to base Base, if I don't love it, I have my 2nd res from the Oct special....but I 'll have a Bronco for 6 to 12 months ..or more.
Sponsored

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I drove the v6 in a f150 and it was quick and strong, it’s going to be balls to the wall fast in the bronco and the ifs bilstien coil overs should make this thing a blast to drive on any surface... I got like 4 of the deadly 6 options and here is why.. I will wheel this things and I will spend money modifying it... which means I will keep this for awhile and not want to burn the money I pour into this thing.. so it just seems crazy not to go fill out and get it exactly the way I want it.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I heard from a guy that knows a dude who used to work at Ford that in 2022 the 2.7 V6 will change to a 3.5 V6 and they'll give a discount to get it with a manual.

I heard it. You can take it to the bank.
Ugh, the last thing I want is a 3.5 ecoboost. 2.7 or 3.0 are the only ones I’m interested in!

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting BB 4dr mid 2.7, but the 2.7 is a delay, so I convince myself to get BB 2dr mid 2.3, but 2dr is also a delay.
I'd actually be ok with the quick availability of BB 4dr 2.3 and soft-top IF Ford ran wires and tube for hardtop, but Ford says nope.........(sigh)
2 Door isn't going to be too much of a delay, actually. All things being equal, if you're an early reservation holder and the only thing that's "delayed" is your 2-Door, you have nothing to worry about. It'll end up on up on a truck maybe a week later than normal.

Now, if you start stacking things in the 2-Door, that's different story.

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2 Door isn't going to be too much of a delay, actually. All things being equal, if you're an early reservation holder and the only thing that's "delayed" is your 2-Door, you have nothing to worry about. It'll end up on up on a truck maybe a week later than normal.

Now, if you start stacking things in the 2-Door, that's different story.
I got a day 5 res. I'll make a decision this week.

Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a day 5 res. I'll make a decision this week.
Day 5? Hmm. If you do make allocations at your dealer, ordering the 2 door won't be a hurdle. If you're out of allocations, just get what you want.

I'm an 8/8 reservation. I knew from the jump that I was going to be deep in MY22 so I just order a Luxed out WildTrak. Heh.

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Day 5? Hmm. If you do make allocations at your dealer, ordering the 2 door won't be a hurdle. If you're out of allocations, just get what you want.

I'm an 8/8 reservation. I knew from the jump that I was going to be deep in MY22 so I just order a Luxed out WildTrak. Heh.
Yeah, if I go 2022 then I'm all in with 2.7 4dr hardtop. My dealer said he has 53 allocated and 250+/- res...So I def on the bubble. I'm supposed to stop by today or tomorrow for moment of truth ?

Wveddy

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU with LS, 79 F100, 73 Cuda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford uses the 2.7 in multiple vehicles, hard to believe they can’t produce enough to keep up. Thats the whole point of using an existing platform. I guess they could stop making rangers for a year or two... only build broncos!

Sponsored

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford uses the 2.7 in multiple vehicles, hard to believe they can’t produce enough to keep up. Thats the whole point of using an existing platform. I guess they could stop making rangers for a year or two... only build broncos!
The problem is that with "Just-in-Time" manufacturing, they forecast what they think they will need on parts that have a multiple month lead time. If the forecast is wrong, which seems like it now, there are multiple months to recover back to what is actually needed. The other 2.7s in the pipeline are alreay allocated to other vehicles. They could steal some from F-150, but then that would hurt the numbers on their #1 sales vehicle. Not gonna happen.

I deal with this in Aerospace all the time. Some parts are 30+ weeks "billet-to-box". If customer "A" now says they want to update a contract to take delivery early, it usually can't happen. Same thing happens when a vendor has issues and falls short of a quantity on delivery. Usually the process starts over or we have to dip into the next run of parts that re partially done. Delays that are out of our hands.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The current Ranger doesn't use the 2.7L, it currently uses the 2.3L

The F-Series uses the 2.7L

Looks like @Evolkidbell beat me to it....

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went down to the dealer this morning to order. Badlands, 2.7. Anyway, I asked about the 2.7 since there are several threads here indicating that 2.7 is certain delay. He said it would be a problem for later orders, but "shouldn't impact me at all with how early my order was." So does anyone have any firm info on even the early orders having to wait for the 2.7? Apologies if covered, I did scroll and search.
Imo Ford has done a terrible job educating dealers. The salesperson will try to keep things positive for you as long as your res date was early.

They really don't know and neither will we until you get your VIN and then you should have a pretty good idea.