First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went to a different dealer just to nose around since they had a lifted ranger out front that got my attention. The sales mgr told me the only full size Broncos that will be delivered first was 4dr Big Bends with soft tops and 2.3 engines. I just nodded and said really. Who am I to argue , I don't sell the damn things. He said my 6th day reservation BL with 2.7 , squatch and Lux would most likely be an early 2023 model with how things were looking. I did not buy the Ranger.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if most of the people even know what a short-block is anymore.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Follow along. Ford doesn't know what is going to be ordered on the Bronco, whether the 2.7 or 2.3 will be the bulk of the first orders.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, I did.

"So does anyone have any firm info on even the early orders having to wait for the 2.7?"

Bronco Beard

Base
First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350, Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Base
Went down to the dealer this morning to order. Badlands, 2.7. Anyway, I asked about the 2.7 since there are several threads here indicating that 2.7 is certain delay. He said it would be a problem for later orders, but "shouldn't impact me at all with how early my order was." So does anyone have any firm info on even the early orders having to wait for the 2.7? Apologies if covered, I did scroll and search.
When you say "order" do you mean reservation or when you placed order with dealership? Because order date doesn't matter at all! You can order today, yesterday or March 19th and your place in line is already determined. From what I have read it appears half of the orders will be 2.7L and SAS. So if you order either of those and your reservation aint really early on, at least first 75k or so you could easily be in MY22. But who the hell knows. Maybe Ford will surprise...oh crap can't believe I said that!...Aint happening. I wouldn't believe your dealership I doubt Ford will even know until the time comes. I've learned one thing in the past 6 months, except disappointment during the order process but at some point you'll get to enjoy that sweet looking Bronco. I can wait!

Sponsored

Bronco Beard

Base
First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350, Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went to a different dealer just to nose around since they had a lifted ranger out front that got my attention. The sales mgr told me the only full size Broncos that will be delivered first was 4dr Big Bends with soft tops and 2.3 engines. I just nodded and said really. Who am I to argue , I don't sell the damn things. He said my 6th day reservation BL with 2.7 , squatch and Lux would most likely be an early 2023 model with how things were looking. I did not buy the Ranger.
That sales rep was higher than a kite, right!

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I heard from a guy that knows a dude who used to work at Ford that in 2022 the 2.7 V6 will change to a 3.5 V6 and they'll give a discount to get it with a manual.

I heard it. You can take it to the bank.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went down to the dealer this morning to order. Badlands, 2.7. Anyway, I asked about the 2.7 since there are several threads here indicating that 2.7 is certain delay. He said it would be a problem for later orders, but "shouldn't impact me at all with how early my order was." So does anyone have any firm info on even the early orders having to wait for the 2.7? Apologies if covered, I did scroll and search.
We just have to use a bit of common sense to understand what is going on. Ford has seen a high interest in the 2.7. They know that they can only make so many 2.7s. They also know how many they need for other vehicles, such as the F-150. Based on that, they are forewarning people that the number of 2.7s they expect to have available will not satisfy demand for MY '21. Your dealer understands this and is saying essentially, "Ford isn't going to run out of 2.7s right away. Your reservation number is high enough on the list that it is reasonable to expect you should be able to get it if you want it."

Right now, nobody can know exact numbers but what the dealer says makes sense. People further down the reservation list are less and less likely to be able to get the limited-availability options since those ahead of them may end up taking all that are available.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Come to think of it, I just turned in my MKX 2.7L lease...probably should have pulled the engine and stored it...

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm getting BB 4dr mid 2.7, but the 2.7 is a delay, so I convince myself to get BB 2dr mid 2.3, but 2dr is also a delay.
I'd actually be ok with the quick availability of BB 4dr 2.3 and soft-top IF Ford ran wires and tube for hardtop, but Ford says nope.........(sigh)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered the 2.7, I was on the fence. No 4.70 swayed me to it. If it’s a huge delay, once we know the approximate build date, I will switch, depending on the length of delay. I will eventually run out of extension on my F150 lease? plus side, I can order the rails.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model