Sponsored

SO MANY QUESTIONS! How about some answers?

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Besides the 35 inch tires, what would the Sasquatch package add to the Badlands trim package?

Another question I have is what's the point of the different GOAT modes if you have the 7-speed manual?

My ideal package might be: V6, 7speed, Sasquatch, with no GOAT modes (because why?)
Sponsored

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Besides the 35 inch tires, what would the Sasquatch package add to the Badlands trim package?

Another question I have is what's the point of the different GOAT modes if you have the 7-speed manual?

My ideal package might be: V6, 7speed, Sasquatch, with no GOAT modes (because why?)
A lift, although the language around the Badlands package is vague enough that it could have its own lift.

Imprezive

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Mulitstrada, Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hopefully you're right, and Maybe as ford hears the wants of buyers they will change a few options. The Bronco I will be configuring will be well over 50 grand, I don't think I should have buy carpet as a accessory, then rip out my interior to install carpeting.
It would be dealer installed I’m sure. For what it’s worth I want exactly the same thing as you so we’re in the same boat.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The BD has 4.46 gears for the MT and the Badlands has 4.70. I’d love to get 4.70s on the BD as an option.
That’s what the squatch package does. 4.70s across the board. Part of the upsell. They’ve already given so much more than fca does with Jeep, gotta hold something back for the premiums.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My guess on the lack of manual with the 2.7 is for 2 reasons.

First, is that the 2.7 gets really close the the torque rating on the 7 speed (which is only rated so low because of the crawl gear, manual gearsets just aren't as strong as similar planetary gear sets). Ford knows people are going to tune these things (and may offer some tunes that allow you to keep warranty) so it's in their interest to make it in only reliable configurations.

Second, the 2.7 is only sold with auto transmissions in other applications, so they would have the change the supply lines and adjust the design of the 2.7 to work well with a manual, whereas the 2.3 has been available with both manual and auto since it's introduction.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s what the squatch package does. 4.70s across the board. Part of the upsell. They’ve already given so much more than fca does with Jeep, gotta hold something back for the premiums.
Yeah, but the badlands has the 4.70 for the MT without adding the squatch package. Would be nice to have that as an option for the BD.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely for the 2 door, not having enough info on the modular top (3 piece? 5 piece?)
And also, rear cargo... From what I've seen, the back seats don't fold flat. And with enough space for just a cooler with them up, without proper food down seats, what's the point?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think without carpet there will be a lot more noise? I am going to daily this thing, and would love rubber floors so I can clean out sand easily, but if its going to be louder Id rather deal with having to clean the car out
Maybe it'll be quieter!

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, the lack of concrete details has pushed me to waiting on reserving until the build tool or more reliable info is out.
Rumour has it, reservations now will likely get your delivery pushed back until 2022

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Rumour has it, reservations now will likely get your delivery pushed back until 2022
Oh well. I’d rather know exactly what my options are. If I have to I’ll hunt for something at a dealership and travel for it.

Sponsored

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are subtle differences. BD has 4.46 on the Manual and the Badlands has 4.7. Auto is same on both.
Bronco final drive.JPG
Thank you. Not sure that gearing difference is going to make a significant difference going from a 32 to 33 inch tire. Those with engineering minds/more experience please chime in.

OP
OP
OBXdreamin

OBXdreamin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How about rubber floors as an option on a base trim?
I second this, have no use for carpet. Give me something I can clean easy. Even the vinyl(?) in my 87 was worlds better than carpet, it is an offroad vehicle after all

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know weight difference between 2 door and 4door?

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I second this, have no use for carpet. Give me something I can clean easy. Even the vinyl(?) in my 87 was worlds better than carpet, it is an offroad vehicle after all
Right? Basically every Ford Truck when you get the base model you get the vinyl. I'm assuming no vinyl on the current Ranger either though.
Sponsored