Sponsored

So much for Ford cracking down on price gouging.

snownow

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So i have a Bronco on order with a local Dealer. But Galpin had listed my exact build, but with a soft top, so i reached out. It was a green window sticker and I knew the odds were thin on having it in stock. I did get a reply that one was not available, but they do have 4 others for sale. The catch; all at $25k ADM. I'm only guessing that Jim Farley's comments are only intended for the small dealerships and not the self-proclaimed #1 Ford dealer for 29 years in a row.

There is a very large disconnect on what ford says it wants its dealers to do and what is still happening with day-to-day operations. You would think some of these bold statements from ford would have at least some effect on its largest dealership. I have been very hyped about my Bronco order (and my lightning order). But that is fading fast...

My google review as well

I was about to leave a 1 start review, but even though I disagree with Galpin’s current business model, The sales associate was very prompt and courteous. She provided me with all the information I requested quickly and had a nice demeanor on the phone. So adding a star for Irene. I contacted Galpin for a unit they showed in stock online, but it was a green window sticker. I should have known that it would not have been in stock. That’s on me. However, my reason for leaving a review! $25k Mark up on Broncos. I completely understand and agree that it is a free market, Galpin is a business out to make money. That’s ok, What I think is horrible business practice is price gouging during a pandemic. Dealerships doing this are giving Ford a bad name. With the email regarding pricing I received, Galpin has lost me as a customer forever. I would never shop at a business that is in my opinion taking advantage of shortages caused by a pandemic just to make a quick profit. Ford CEO Jim Farley recently stated, “We don’t like making our customers wait, and we’re taking action to ensure that they don’t pay unreasonable markups” I guess that statement had no effect on the “#1 dealer in the world”. Ford also has stated they want to crack down on extra deposits for special orders. Galpin is requiring you to pay $1000 on top of the standard ford deposit. While Ford has spoken up about these practices, I doubt they will do anything that would have any negative effect on their #1 ford dealer. From what we have seen with the release on the Bronco, and the allocation changes to help large dealers like Galpin, it’s all talk from ford and no action. In my opinion you should change your logo from #1 dealer for 29 years, to #1 pandemic price gouging. I may have to give up on Ford and move over to an Audi, at least it will be at MSRP and less than a stripped-down Bronco.

Email from Galpin,

This is Irene at Galpin Ford. The Bronco which you inquired about is no longer available.

At this time we have 4 Bronco's in stock and available. These Bronco's have a market adjustment of $25,000 over the MSRP price. The link to each Bronco is listed below.

Click here to see the 2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr soft top m/t Eruption Green 220427

Click here to see the 2021 Bronco Big Bend 4dr soft top A/T 214607 -Gray

Click here to see the 2021 Bronco Big Bend 2dr M/T soft top 204651

Click here to see the 2021 Bronco Big Bend 4dr A/T soft top Red Race PL212972

The order bank for the Ford Bronco 2022 is currently open but will be closing soon.

To select us as your dealer follow the instructions listed below.

Galpin will honor the MSRP price if you place your order with us.

To build the vehicle make sure you select Galpin Ford by entering our zip code 91343.

Click here to build the 2022 Ford Bronco

If you have already build the Bronco you want to order please save your build summary as a pdf doc and attach it to this email

Also please take a picture of your driver license, save it as a pdf doc and attach it to this email when you reply.

OR send both pdf doc’s to my email XXXX Removed XXXXX

Once we have your build, and copy of your driver license we will be calling you to verify that everything listed in your build summary is correct and then send you the link for you to pay the $1,000. deposit

When we have these three things on file ( Your verified build summary, $1,000. paid deposit and copy of your driver license) we will have everything we need to submit your order for the 2022 Ford Bronco.

Let me know if you need assistance building the Bronco or have questions.

Sincerely,

15555 Roscoe Blvd

North Hills, CA 91343

www.GalpinFord.com
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have no issues with dealers charging whatever they can get with an abandon order.

Charging ADM to a reservation order is an entirely different story.
This

No issue with this if they aren't screwing you on an order you placed. If you don't agree with ADM on a dealer stock piece, move on.
And this.

Pretty much the unwritten rule here at 6g:
Reservation + ADM = Bad
Abandoned order + ADM = Meh, who cares

Sponsored

BronkedUp413

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Volvo S-60, 13 Ford Fusion, 16 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a little confused by posters angry about huge ADMs on stock inventory (ie, not customer orders). Its a free market. Is it gouging? Well, I don't see it that way as the bronco is not a necessity. As someone mentioned above, move on to a different dealer or wait for the price to drop.

Do these folks also think that as a consumer, we shouldn't cut the best deal we can with the dealer (for example, paying "invoice" price or lower) when market conditions dictate? My guess is that consumers don't truly want to be held to 'MSRP" as a general rule.

Customer orders with deposit paid and an agreed to DORA form are different entirely.

Taichi

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 XLT sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If they had no ADM then they would have been sold long before you knew they had one available. There's a chance some one would have kept it for themself but there's also a chance it could have been flipped to a used car lot for $25k over MSRP. Look up used Broncos in your area and if it's like my area, the cheapest you'll see is like $15k over original sticker. So why should a dealer be forced to sell a car at MSRP and allow the secondary market to make all the money?

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got no problem with ADM on abandoned orders. Don't want to pay the ADM? Switch dealerships (do some research on pricing) and place your own order; get in line like everyone else.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When the 2017 Raptors came out, many SoCal dealers dealers were paying other dealers MSRP+ and reselling at huge ADM. No harm no foul as they were not customer ordered units. As the pipeline filled and Raptors could be had at MSRP or less these dealers sat on over priced inventory. The gambled. Some won some didn't. As long as a dealer is not hitting a customer order with ADM I really don't care what they sell Broncos for. Now if a dealer is hitting an ordered unit with ADM at delivery that is a big problem

OP
OP

snownow

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was not intended to come off as angry. More disappointed with Ford's statements recently and the fact that dealers are not taking it seriously. I'm guessing they think it's all talk from ford, and there will be no repercussions for continuing this method of doing business. I was thinking AMD was possible but 25k. :( . Also, yes I will most likely wait for my order, at MSRP. Galpin also did state they are not marking up special orders, so no need for pitchforks here. Once again, more of a WTF this is still going on post/rant.

I am a little confused by posters angry about huge ADMs on stock inventory (ie, not customer orders). Its a free market. Is it gouging? Well, I don't see it that way as the bronco is not a necessity. As someone mentioned above, move on to a different dealer or wait for the price to drop.

Do these folks also think that as a consumer, we shouldn't cut the best deal we can with the dealer (for example, paying "invoice" price or lower) when market conditions dictate? My guess is that consumers don't truly want to be held to 'MSRP" as a general rule.

Customer orders with deposit paid and an agreed to DORA form are different entirely.

Sponsored

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The issue, to me, is that we don't know if the order actually abandoned for normal reasons, or abandoned for ADM. In my mind, these are the orders where dealers are screwing over the person who originally placed the order with an unexpected ADM. When it's a sketchy dealer, I expect the worst.

BronkedUp413

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Volvo S-60, 13 Ford Fusion, 16 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was not intended to come off as angry. More disappointed with Ford's statements recently and the fact that dealers are not taking it seriously. I'm guessing they think it's all talk from ford, and there will be no repercussions for continuing this method of doing business. I was thinking AMD was possible but 25k. :( . Also, yes I will most likely wait for my order, at MSRP. Galpin also did state they are not marking up special orders, so no need for pitchforks here. Once again, more of a WTF this is still going on post/rant.
Understood. My comment was really more of a general one and not directed at you specifically.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Galpin is a megadealer and will likely be among the first to get truly stock Broncos, if they aren't getting them already.

Before long, the market will arrange itself so that if you want a Bronco soonish, you need to pay for the privilege. Or you can wait an indeterminate time until your order comes through. One way or another you pay.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This

And this.

Pretty much the unwritten rule here at 6g:
Reservation + ADM = Bad
Abandoned order + ADM = Meh, who cares
I agree as well. However, the article that was in Bloomberg (I think) detailed that the allocation garbage is allowing dealers to make and receive orders which are superceding years old rez holders. That is garbage. And clearly Ford and the dealers are in it together. There are Broncos at many dealerships. Clearly, they can make trucks. But yet their voodoo math somehow bumps me to next. We got Raptors but we can't build a day 2 reservation.

Farley is a liar.

Ford does not honor it's reservation holders.
Sponsored