Sponsored

So much for Ford cracking down on price gouging.

OP
OP

snownow

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just read your dealer hall of shame thread... Damn That's some shady stuff going on. Nice list, glad someone is keeping track.

Looks like 3 of the 4 on the lot are green window stickers for whats it worth.

Galpin is a megadealer and will likely be among the first to get truly stock Broncos, if they aren't getting them already.

Before long, the market will arrange itself so that if you want a Bronco soonish, you need to pay for the privilege. Or you can wait an indeterminate time until your order comes through. One way or another you pay.
Sponsored

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You left a shit google review for a dealership that was 100% up-front and honest with you? That’s dirty.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty much the unwritten rule here at 6g:
Reservation + ADM = Bad
Abandoned order + ADM = Meh, who cares
Yep, as long as it was not a stolen order.
I had my reservation at Galpin until the salesman started playing word games & getting down right arrogant. Transferred to a much better experience thus far. :cool:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree as well. However, the article that was in Bloomberg (I think) detailed that the allocation garbage is allowing dealers to make and receive orders which are superceding years old rez holders. That is garbage. And clearly Ford and the dealers are in it together. There are Broncos at many dealerships. Clearly, they can make trucks. But yet their voodoo math somehow bumps me to next. We got Raptors but we can't build a day 2 reservation.

Farley is a liar.

Ford does not honor it's reservation holders.
While I agree Ford should have committed to fulfilling all reservations by the end of 2022, I don't subscribe to the argument that the BRaptor or Everglades takes away from current production resources. Instead, these new models free up constrained resources and build slots for other reservation holders.

OP
OP

snownow

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dirty, I would disagree. I was honest, Salesperson was prompt and upfront. I noted it in the review. I disagree with the pricing scheme they are using and stated that. I won't shop there as I disagree with their business practices, and as a whole, how Ford has handled dealership allocations and communication with its customers is also stated in the review. Just because they were up front about overcharging customers does not mean I have to agree with them.

Not all dealers are doing this with the product they are selling. We are looking to buy a S5 for my wife this week. Negotiations have been very upfront, it's a dealer that has stated they are not on board with the current AMD trend and feel it's more beneficial to have long-term customers than short-term profits. So we are going to buy it there, and have it serviced there. They will get a review from me as well stating how i agree with their business practices when we finish up the deal.

You left a shit google review for a dealership that was 100% up-front and honest with you? That’s dirty.

Sponsored

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
“Galpin will honor the MSRP price if you place your order with us.”

Seems fair.

The $1000 deposit, not so much.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Greed has its consequences.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly can't blame the dealer for going for all they can in these turbulent times. No doubt they are struggling. They lack inventory (revenue) but their costs (building, staff, etc.) are still there. Ford can say what they want, but they sold the car to the dealer. After the sale, the dealer can do what they want. I doubt Ford will actually try to strongarm its dealers into following a BS statement that sounds good to the consumer but is not really up to Ford. The dealer will piss all over Ford for not delivering enough inventory to keep them in business. Ford will inevitably fold and allow the ADM practice to continue.

To be clear, I have disdain for the practice of charging a surprise ADM to a reservation holder who, in good faith, placed their order expecting MSRP.

Johnny Bronco CO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ7, CJ8, F250, GT350, Demon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean, did you also one star mecum and Barrett Jackson while you were at it?
Sponsored