Sponsored

Updated: Resolved!! So, my bronco arrived and the dealer tried marking it up $10K ADM

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is going to happen so much to ppl for MY21
Glad Ford is requiring price agreements for MY22
That is a hollow requirement by Ford. They don’t have the stones to hammer their dealerships. That’s blatantly obvious…

Last edited:

nichord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can almost guarantee anyone who gets the shaft on a Bronco after waiting with a reservation will "never" buy another Ford. One could probably assume any kids they have of age would never buy a Ford.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can almost guarantee anyone who gets the shaft on a Bronco after waiting with a reservation will "never" buy another Ford. One could probably assume any kids they have of age would never buy a Ford.
I've never been a huge fan of jeeps. But Ford has forced me into their arms. Leasing a gladiator and if I really like it after all I might just say fuck a bronco. Though I won't be able to buy out my gladiator, had to agree to an automatic as part of the lease buyback terms, and I'd never buy an automatic wrangler, gladiator, or bronco if I had the option.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Boy, the 98% Mike referred to the other day are really letting him down… LMFAO. What a damn mess. No one is safe… If you think you are, I have a feeling you’re about to get blindsided.

Sponsored

mandyhoth

Outer Banks
First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explore
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man, I ordered my bronco before I even knew about this Forum so I had no idea on the bs these dealers are doing. I was told by a salesman that the way to avoid Markup was to reserve and order the bronco so I did. I got my Dora and everything but never had anything signed. Now all these post are getting me worried
Same here 🙋🏼‍♀️

Sexy beast BnJ Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm glad I'm not the only one that caught that. The $998 doc fee and the $279 "filing fee", are already a $1,277 markup besides the $5,000 mark up. Doc fees and filing fees are just nonsense ways of padding their profits. And here I was thinking that the $700-$800 doc fees you see in virginia are horrible.
If you are in Hampton Roads and military, I'm expecting all dealerships to agree to the price because if not those dealerships could end up on the off limits message. I was told cavalier ford in va Beach hasn't done anything over msrp.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealerships aren't getting the message... This is what will happen to them when they do shady stuff like this.

No one is making them do ADM's, there was no prior notice of any ADM, and here is what is about to happen to them too...

nuke-it-from-orbit-its-the-only-way-to-be-sure.jpg

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was this your first time buying a car? In the past if you bought any cars, did you haggle over the price, and eventually come to an agreement and sign papers that you and the sales person/dealer agreed on the final price? Do you recall doing anything like that when you ordered this Bronco?

I'm still not clear how this keeps occurring. Every car I've bought, has involved haggling and arriving at a purchase price. Is somehow that crucial step in buying a car, not occurring in these cases? What is going on?!
You are confusing "bought" v "ordered" cars. If the sticker shows ADM, yes almost anyone would haggle.

If a person reserves a vehicle, on the other hand, then brings that reservation to the dealer of choice, then walks away with MSRP pricing on a signed order sheet... It is reasonable for most to assume they had a contract for sale at MSRP. I would argue that they do, all details considered.

Then, AFTER it is impossible to move the reservation to another dealer, when the car is already delivered, they drop the news that "UH OH, we want an additional $10,000", this is entirely separate from the breach of contract question and may fall into misleading business practices.

If I ordered a made-to-order machine for my business, on a signed sheet, with a price listed; then refused to pay in full after it was built, I would expect to be sued.

I don't see how you are so surprised?

4L0wBr0nc0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR Recon Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was this your first time buying a car? In the past if you bought any cars, did you haggle over the price, and eventually come to an agreement and sign papers that you and the sales person/dealer agreed on the final price? Do you recall doing anything like that when you ordered this Bronco?

I'm still not clear how this keeps occurring. Every car I've bought, has involved haggling and arriving at a purchase price. Is somehow that crucial step in buying a car, not occurring in these cases? What is going on?!
Honestly, it's very easy to see why this keeps occurring, and will continue to.

Traditional methods for ordering/purchasing vehicles has gone down as you said. You head on down to the dealer, meet with your salesman face to face, and you either order exactly what you want, agree on a price and leave a deposit or you haggle with something they have on the lot, sign your docs and pay up/establish financing. Very clear as to what belongs to who, what you're paying etc.

But this shit reservation system is nothing like that. Ford cross pollinated the direct to consumer style model (online reservation etc) with the dog and pony show dealer experience and the result has left plenty of room for misinterpretation, confusion and flat out disappointment (not even factoring the actual disastrous launch of the vehicle itself.)

IMO, had the system worked as Ford had most likely intended, a sales person from the dealership we selected would have reached out, introduced themselves and explained that we needed to swing by the dealer/Zoom call (whatever) and formalize the actual reservation/numbers. But in many cases, most had little to no communication with their dealers/salesmen. And with the uniqueness of this ordering process, Ford should have expected the potential confusion and done a better job at outlining expectations from the dealers as well as from us, the reservation holders. Luckily mine kept me in the loop.

In the end, the vague "reservation" coupled with tons of communications from Ford regarding "YOUR" Bronco, I feel misrepresented that it was a lock on it actually being yours (or at least yours to refuse). Only to then to turn it over to a dealership who's arguably financially incentivized to not communicate, ends up leaving it open ended and to their discretion how the deal goes down.

But making it sound like you "don't know how this keeps happening" seems like a jab at the majority of the people who didn't know they needed to cover their 6 going into this. This process has been a shit show since day one.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've never been a huge fan of jeeps. But Ford has forced me into their arms. Leasing a gladiator and if I really like it after all I might just say fuck a bronco. Though I won't be able to buy out my gladiator, had to agree to an automatic as part of the lease buyback terms, and I'd never buy an automatic wrangler, gladiator, or bronco if I had the option.
The Jeep automatic (zf unit) is surprisingly smooth and never fumbles for gears in my uses. The Gladiator really impressed me and I've been loving the open air cabin every chance I get with it

Glad my Bronco being built next month has a third pedal though

jersey_nick

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Here's the problem with your logic, when someone ORDERS a Bronco, Ford sends them this...

So why would they assume anything OTHER than it was theirs and that it would be at MSRP barring any other discussion of price.

Ford Bronco Updated: Resolved!!  So, my bronco arrived and the dealer tried marking it up $10K ADM wildtrak order

Not Granger's order, not Ford's Order.... YOUR ORDER.

If I go online with Domino's pizza and order a Pizza... The local Domino's doesn't show up at my door with the Pizza and an Additional Dealer Markup for my F'ing dinner.
Sponsored