Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Go for it. I'm not interested in giving effort to assist in a social media campaign on behalf of a person who thinks I'm an idiot.
For the love of god where the hell did I say anyone was an idiot?

your being a troll.
Sponsored

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

your being a troll.
Have you had any further contact with the dealer to discuss if they reconsiderred?

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Have you had any further contact with the dealer to discuss if they reconsiderred?
Ford is supposed to reach out tomorrow. I had a toxic conversation with the GM Friday afternoon.

So we will see what happens

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hope it works out for you. This is awful for so many people being put in this position .

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford already has that covered
It’s called a purchase agreement
Yep- That’s all good when you have a VIN.

This is about that grey area between reservations - orders - year long delays - reorders - incorrect orders- Dora not being provided- dealers with last minutes ADMs.

You know all the bad things happening now and the reset of any signed agreement needed to go from MY21 to MY22.

Please provide the link to that document. It could help a lot of members.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's the spirt. Because his opinion differs, he should suffer a bad dealership experience. I certainly wouldn't have used the word idiot to describe those that chose to buy from that dealer. I thought they should think about what they are up against instead of playing follow the leader. Now, those customers are wondering what year Bronco they will end up with.
True and if last year taught us anything, there will be Broncos built from Granger October reservation holder(s) depending on model and options chosen.

There will be first week reservation holders furious when that happens. Be prepared for those situations as well. They happened in MY21, it’ll happen in MY22.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Responsibility is key in such a job if he has any freedom. He could put Ford in a bad position if he says the wrong thing.
Why would you want him to slip up when he's only the messenger? People constantly try to blame him, but quick to ask for his help when they want it.
If he’s only the messenger, how has he stepped in and helped ADM buyer situations get resolved? He’s more than a messenger puppet.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I call bullshit.

Almost nobody has a binding agreement, that would hold both parties legally accountable to force the transaction.

A) As a buyer, it would make zero sense to 100% commit to a vehicle you have never seen, driven etc.

B) Many of us were presented with a build sheet with a price. We then signed that build sheet and price and converted it to an order. We then paid a $ deposit based on that price and order and got our order confirmation from Ford.

Most buyers performed a reasonable level of due diligence based on the information presented to them by Ford and the dealership, especially since this was a unique ordering process.

Blaming the buyer and calling them naïve let's the cheats and the scoundrels off the hook for their unethical practices.

Agreed. I don't know that people are clear on what the word "binding" means. They may have an agreement, but if the buyer can walk away...it's not binding.

The macro point, Ford created this new ordering reservation and ordering process. They filed hundreds of thousands of people into line. Buyers followed the new process, as it was explained to them by the dealers (who were representing Ford). Ford reiterated numerous times, there is "price protection" for those who reserved and placed an order by a certain date.

Blaming the consumer for following the prescribed ordering process is just ridiculous.
Excellent post. Thanks

AmericanFreedom

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is it possible Ford wants stuff like this to happen? They have already publicly stated they want the Tesla model. What better way to shift then to drum up hatred for dealers. Wonder if a level of dissatisfaction gets them out from under franchise agreements......
This is an interesting take — makes sense

Sponsored

JoJowick

Black Diamond
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford is supposed to reach out tomorrow. I had a toxic conversation with the GM Friday afternoon.

So we will see what happens
Sending good vibes your way that this will work out in your favor ☝😎

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base

your being a troll.
Didn't you know, today things become true if you dominate the conversation or repeat it enough times.

I saw what was going to be a very long line a Grainger and just passed on it.
I am curious did all those people automatically get legal purchase agreements or do they have the order confirmation printout (apparently non-binding)?

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

One of the 5 star reviews. They paid over msrp and loved it 😂. I will play dumb and say sure. But does not appear to be a reservation holder. Not sure if the path here from MO to LA then fly to pick up the bronco in NJ? Perhaps she moved 😵💫

Ford Bronco Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN ECEECB16-4306-4EAF-867A-48B4B6E8A96F

Last edited:

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not at his level. There’s a level of trust and responsibility that he owns what he posts and is keenly aware of what it means to be in that position.

Edit: the key is … how can we get him so fired up about something that he slips up ;)
Because the internet never forgets.
Right, Mike is high up the chain and would never be able to tweet much of anything if Legal had to approve it. I mentioned this last year sometime, but from a professional corporation standpoint, this is really an awkward twitter account situation for Mike because he crosses over so much between his own personal life and political leaning retweets and then posts other seemingly "official" Ford communications

I'm sure Ford has social media policies like many big companies, and his usage fits within it, but it is just strange sometimes to see pictures of his family alongside customer relation posts

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Before this morning their last 5 star review was 2 months ago
[/QUOTE
Didn't you know, today things become true if you dominate the conversation or repeat it enough times.

I saw what was going to be a very long line a Grainger and just passed on it.
I am curious did all those people automatically get legal purchase agreements or do they have the order confirmation printout (apparently non-binding)?
Actually - according to Saul Alinsky, this is true... see Rule 10:
Ford Bronco Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN 1634477595632
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.