Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Listen, when principle pays the bills, I'll start taking it to the bank. ALL is fair in love and war, and car buying is your own personal Vietnam. I'm out of idioms already or I would keep going.

I get it - still going through with the transaction is rewarding bad behavior.. But it keeps the dealership from making another 20k+ on top of it, so I say go through with it. Swallow the pride down, take delivery and roll around in the $15-20K profit all sprawled out on your bed to make you feel better, Scrooge McDuck style.
With many dealers now adding ADM to most everything on their lots, you know this is the facts of life. If the Bronco means that much and you don't want to wait until who knows when, buy it at the inflated price. Principle is nice, but that doesn't put a Bronco in your driveway.
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With many dealers now adding ADM to most everything on their lots, you know this is the facts of life. If the Bronco means that much and you don't want to wait until who knows when, buy it at the inflated price. Principle is nice, but that doesn't put a Bronco in your driveway.
Right? Lets not forget that car buying is an adversarial process.. Sometimes a pyrrhic victory is the best we can hope for. I'm a principled man, so I get the other side.. But I'm also vindictive, so there's that.

Take the hit and cross your fingers that the dealership model dies a quick and somewhat painless death. I don't hate the dealerships for trying to pay employees.. but it all feels so slimy these days.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unfortunately it is not criminal we live in a Country were money talks, the truck belongs to them they will sell it to the highest bidder in the Pirate World of Car sales - that's how it works.

Answer me this: if you had a car listed on Auto trader and three people showed up in your driveway wanting to buy it one for $10K, one for $20K and one for $30K who would you sell it to ...? Please don't lie - we all know the answer to that question...

Unless you have a signed contract from the dealer both signatures (and even that probably doesn't matter) and or a reputable dealer who cares about their reputation and customers (there isn't one on the face of the Earth) then you are screwed my friend
Yeah but if I essentially made a deal with a guy to sell for 10k, even if we didn't sign our names in blood, I wouldn't hit him with another 5k when he arrived later in the week to pay me and pick up the car.

Years ago I did have a handshake deal with a private party, on a price and to pickup his 1968 Chevelle the next day. Next morning got my money collected and called the guy to say I was headed over, and he had sold it on me. That was not fun. I wouldn't pull that on someone. But yeah, there are people who would, no doubt.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Latest update-

I was told there will be no update today, but should have something tomorrow from Ford.
Keep us posted, I have done my part in getting more attention to this injustice. I swear though there were some haters that kept trying to win the argument with me. Some threatened me with defamation of the dealer and then had my post completely removed. I reposted again on Bronco 6th gen group forum and got more responses the second time around ( BRONCO 6th Gen | 1st-day Reservation Holder greeted with a surprised 10k dealer mark-up on delivery | Facebook ). Really felt like the ones that went back and forth with me over and over were staff/friends of this particular dealer.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Local ford dealer is asking between 1500-3000 ADM on rangers at the moment. Local chevy dealer 1500 ADM on Colorados. Just about any new car my local dealers are marking up bc they have such limited inventory
are those new orders or dealer inventory? I don't think any of us have issues with inventory cars getting marked up (it is questionable how they got a car for inventory), it's the tossing in of an ADM at closing on a pre-ordered vehicle wehre they dealer produced a sheet showing the pricing at the time of order. Signed or not signed by both parties, delivery by email of that sheet is an inducement to get an order and sets up an expectation that is the price.

DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Last edited:

Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's one thing to have the Dealer's intention (Seller) upfront and disclosed in advance, prior to wasting your time and money ahead of time. For those of you that believe the dealer's ADM mark-up on the day of delivery is justified and acceptable great, for me I cannot accept it as someone I would do business with. The dealer if they intended on doing an ADM should have made it known at the time the reservation was being converted; so the customer knew what he/she was agreeing to purchase. The order sheet is a receipt of the product being purchased at the dealer that the customer selected in the first place. All emails from Ford show that the Bronco was specially built for you by stating "Your Bronco" in its emails and updates. Once again, adding a mark-up upon delivery is the worst business practice there is. Essentially the dealer can add such a mark-up to price you out of your budget. This dealer would have never received Scott's bronco without him reserving it from FORD and then selected this dealer to complete the final transaction. Dealer wants to add $1,500 for the handling of the transfer... great say so during the ordering stage, but 10K at the time of delivery...WTF! We have waited since July 13, 2020, for our Broncos this should not be treated as a regular customer who is car shopping on the dealer's lot.

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless the document you signed has some fine print that "this is not a contract" or other disclaimer, it could very well be interpreted as a binding contract. It has all of the essentials of a contract...item described, price, and your signature. It is on their form and they presented it to you without a process for them to sign (as such, their signature isn't necessarily required). Have a lawyer send them a letter threatening to sue them under your state's consumer protection law and to "attach" the asset during the litigation so they can't sell to anyone else.

-From a lawyer

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did my part by leaving a review. I would say that the main problem that needs to be called out in the reviews, whether we believe these "deals" are binding or not, is the fact that the dealership will resort to fake reviews. Or, if we are being the most charitable, will at least reach out to previous customers to get new reviews to push bad ones down. Either is shady.

The General Sales Manager is named Joseph Lepore. There are (5) reviews from people with last name Lepore from Saturday.

Full Disclosure: I cancelled both my Bronco reservations and reserved a Ford Maverick their day one. Just received the Maverick last Thursday (no ADM but I was half expecting something shady) and love it so far.

Untitled.jpg

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
are those new orders or dealer inventory? I don't think any of us have issues with inventory cars getting marked up (it is questionable how they got a car for inventory), it's the tossing in of an ADM at closing on a pre-ordered vehicle wehre they dealer produced a sheet showing the pricing at the time of order. Signed or not signed by both parties, delivery by email of that sheet is an inducement to get an order and sets up an expectation that is the price.
Dealer inventory.

I agree there should be no ADM on a ordered vehicle, because in theory the dealer should know its as good as sold vs something that might sit on the lot and collect dust.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's one thing to have the Dealer's intention (Seller) upfront and disclosed in advance, prior to wasting your time and money ahead of time. For those of you that believe the dealer's ADM mark-up on the day of delivery is justified and acceptable great, for me I cannot accept it as someone I would do business with. The dealer if they intended on doing an ADM should have made it known at the time the reservation was being converted; so the customer knew what he/she was agreeing to purchase. The order sheet is a receipt of the product being purchased at the dealer that the customer selected in the first place. All emails from Ford show that the Bronco was specially built for you by stating "Your Bronco" in its emails and updates. Once again, adding a mark-up upon delivery is the worst business practice there is. Essentially the dealer can add such a mark-up to price you out of your budget. This dealer would have never received Scott's bronco without him reserving it from FORD and then selected this dealer to complete the final transaction. Dealer wants to add $1,500 for the handling of the transfer... great say so during the ordering stage, but 10K at the time of delivery...WTF! We have waited since July 13, 2020, for our Broncos this should not be treated as a regular customer who is car shopping on the dealer's lot.
I couldn't agree more. The whole thing is slimy. I don't see things getting better until dealer lots start filling up again. The customer has to choose what option will work for them. They can pay what the dealer asks, walk away, buy another model/brand etc. I'd walk away and buy something else. That's just me though. Someone will come in right behind me and pay the inflated price instead of having wait. We place our own values on money, pride and principles.

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Reserved 7/13 with in the first 45 minutes, placed my order in January, Built July 2nd, Dirt Mountain till September and delivered 10/14

Was checking the Pizza tracker yesterday and noticed that it was delivered to DCH Ford of Eatontown.

I've been reaching out to my sales guy (who I'm friends with) the past few weeks and he's been acting slightly different.

I give him at call at 11 today (have off this week), so he proceeds to tell me that they are marking them up 10K now. I drive up to the dealership after the call talk to my sales guy and then I talk to the manager and he trying bullshitting with this "value" talk and I basically cut through the BS and straight up ask them if they are going to take it off....which I proceed out the door and tell them to shove the Bronco where the sun doesn't shine and a bunch of other four letter words.

Needless to say I'm furious at this point.

https://www.dchfordofeatontown.com/

https://www.facebook.com/dchfordofeatontown
They have 6 listed for sale on their site. Of course, they only list the MSRP of each. SCUM. You should review them on Google as well and reach out to Ford Marketing, as well as tweet the situation, with DCH tagged.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

DCH Ford of Eatontown replied to my one star review. The pressure is on. Do the right thing DCH Ford of Eatontown.

Ford Bronco Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN 7707DA26-DABF-4DFD-BE86-89F1A60CBF5C
This is bullshit he said on the phone he wouldn't sell to me...there was zero Negotiations at all
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.