Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Read what I quoted when I wrote that statement. The person was talking about doing a “5 on your side” type story thinking it would make a difference. “We” as in society have bigger things to worry about. Nobody is going to care that some guy can’t get his new mall crawler for MSRP.

You all won’t believe me though. I cannot believe you think I’m the dealer. It’s 1200 miles away. But go on this is A+ entertainment.
Dealer on vacation 1200 miles away spending that $10k ADM before it even comes in.
Sponsored

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting take. The problem is that he signed the form and wrote why he signed it. It wasn’t a purchase agreement it was confirming that he wanted the dealer to order that vehicle with those options. No mention of price. Now I won’t speculate to how the court would handle what a “reasonable person” would have assumed by signing that. But him writing exactly why he’s signing is not in his favor. He could have wrote “I authorize dch to order the above bronco with the stated options and agree to pay MSRP upon delivery.” And then have the dealer sign it. Now it’s binding. Dealer loses in court, OP gets his Bronco at MSRP. Problem averted. Legal Stuff 101
The price was right on the document. He doesn't have to promise to pay (consideration) under the promissory estoppel theory (see https://lawshelf.com/shortvideoscon...y-estoppel-as-a-substitute-for-consideration/) since consideration is not a required element. If the buyer is motivated enough to take legal action, I would be shitting my pants if I were the dealer.

RJSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Really curious about that parenthetical “for some reason” as if it’s ridiculous that this vehicle is so sought after. Looks like this is a newer account so I’ll try to help. A lot of us here have been following this vehicle for half a decade. Some have been following it for twice that long or longer. Those of us who were thrilled when it was finally announced were excited about getting one in July of 2020. It’s been a LONG year and a half. Ever tried to stay that excited about something for that long? Ever SUCCEED at staying excited about something for that long? To finally reach the finish line and have it ripped away by someone who doesn’t understand why it was special in the first place is truly bleak. My heart goes out to the OP. Why doesn’t yours?
I don’t really care one way or another. He has the means to get his Bronco. But an ounce of due diligence would have gone a long way. He failed to do that and somehow it’s the dealers fault? I don’t get that.

Last edited:

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

LOL, the level of savagery that this guy is likely bringing upon himself is going to be the kind of thing that inspires the most unforgettable memes.
Ford Bronco Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN 1634618609039

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@RJSD

What Bronco are you getting ?

Are you more of a base squatch type guy or a outer banks with the lux package type?

I'll give you 15 minutes to do your dealer research and you can get back to me 😂

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@RJSD

Are you more of a base squatch type guy or a outer banks with the lux package type?

I'll give you 15 minutes to do your dealer research and you can get back to me 😂
He's ordering it with the Gallo-24 motor! :D

gallo12_or_gallo24-55282f78cd3fb.jpg

RJSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Ford Motor Company needs to start showing that they care more about their customers than the dealers. This series of posts in this thread and some kind of action by Ford, is something that should be used in advanced academic case studies.
PowerShift transmission owners would agree Ford needs to show customers they care period. But hey at least the broncos are getting an entire new roof.

RJSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@RJSD

Everglades

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 4dr SAS, 22 Base 2dr SAS, 2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t really care one way or another. He has the means to get his Bronco. But ounce of due diligence would have gone a long way. He failed to do that and somehow it’s the dealers fault? I don’t get that.
Hopefully you still have a job tomorrow, when your boss at Eatontown Ford finds out what you've done....it could spell trouble. My guess....you had a few beers and became a keyboard warrior defending your work place. Epic Fail.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

PowerShift transmission owners would agree Ford needs to show customers they care period. But hey at least the broncos are getting an entire new roof.
Every morning after my coffee, I have a PowerShiift, too.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t really care one way or another. He has the means to get his Bronco. But ounce of due diligence would have gone a long way. He failed to do that and somehow it’s the dealers fault? I don’t get that.
100% correct. He should have researched that the dealer he chose is a slimebag that will rip everyone off everyone he can. Piece of shit...

RJSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
100% correct. He should have researched that the dealer he chose is a slimebag that will rip everyone off everyone he can. Piece of shit...
Exactly. Glad you agree this is on the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.