Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Your guy, the OP, threw a tantrum at the dealer, damaged their walls, and will now face criminal trespass charges if he steps on their lot.

Wow did this take a turn. All over a mall crawler SUV. Astounding.
Just saying most of us here would have done much, much worse. Please show video of OP damaging walls because as we all know your dealership is full of dishonest turds
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition Max, BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update on my saga:

Inspired by this forum and thread, I called the dealer again and spoke to their owner/"operating partner"

He said
  • All Broncos being marked up everywhere / No dealers are selling without a markup
  • 100% certain I will pay a markup if I get the car from them (despite the fact I have an order in writing at MSRP, they took a credit card deposit, and they confirmed the price as recently as June 30)
  • He is "OK if we switch to another dealer" but I think he meant like "go buy the car from someone else good luck buddy"
  • When I pressed him he said "its market forces there is nothing he can do"
  • I told him I had proof of a deal, he said send it and "maybe theres somethin' we can do on this but 100% guaranteed you'll pay over MSRP"
  • I sent him my original order (with the MSRP) and proof that his sales person confirmed the price.

So realizing this was a dead-end, I reached out to Twitter again and this time got a response from Mike Levine.

I will say Mike Levine (https://twitter.com/mrlevine) seems to be on it and is being helpful. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Sponsored

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update on my saga:

Inspired by this forum and thread, I called the dealer again and spoke to their owner/"operating partner"

He said
  • All Broncos being marked up everywhere / No dealers are selling without a markup
  • 100% certain I will pay a markup if I get the car from them (despite the fact I have an order in writing at MSRP, they took a credit card deposit, and they confirmed the price as recently as June 30)
  • He is "OK if we switch to another dealer" but I think he meant like "go buy the car from someone else good luck buddy"
  • When I pressed him he said "its market forces there is nothing he can do"
  • I told him I had proof of a deal, he said send it and "maybe theres somethin' we can do on this but 100% guaranteed you'll pay over MSRP"
  • I sent him my original order (with the MSRP) and proof that his sales person confirmed the price.

So realizing this was a dead-end, I reached out to Twitter again and this time got a response from Mike Levine.

I will say Mike Levine (https://twitter.com/mrlevine) seems to be on it and is being helpful. Let's see what happens tomorrow.
have a regular attorney? have him write a letter on your behalf. sounds like you have all the elements of a contract that they are now trying to change the terms of. If no one liked the bronco and there was a glut of them, do you think you could at the 11th hour say "rip that up, I'll pay you $10k less to take it off your hands now." And that they wouldnt wave it in your face as a contract?

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

According to the GM it’s “fake news” and we’ve been misinformed. This is one of the few responses on Google Reviews.
C9C5824B-35DA-466B-A65D-9FA5D2AB052F.jpeg
That to me is a very slippery answer. "The customer you are referring to did not have a signed buyer's order." Well why not? He paid you a deposit as if he had an order, didn't he? I can't help but suspecting that these dealers gulled some of their customers into thinking they'd done everything they needed to do to actually order the car, when the dealers were keeping a call option in their pocket. I would not take the review down. And the poster now does indeed have "personal experience with our business" - this slippery email from the General Manager.
Someone, who wishes to remain anonymous, sent me this email. They attempted to get "DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN" to tell them how much they would have to pay for a Bronco and if there would be any ADM on top of the MSRP. They did this as "DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN" said they want you to "have a signed buyer's order" to guarantee your price at delivery.

Yet, when you look at their email, "DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN" refuses to say what you will pay until your Bronco arrives, you can't make this stuff up, here is a copy of the email.

Ford Bronco Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN 1634679081021

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

in Arkansas, A, B, and C are usually all the same person.

Wait, what?
I though we were talking about NJ? What happened?

But, you close. As my momma said when it was time to start dating, they don't call them kissing cousins for nothin'.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition Max, BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
have a regular attorney? have him write a letter on your behalf. sounds like you have all the elements of a contract that they are now trying to change the terms of. If no one liked the bronco and there was a glut of them, do you think you could at the 11th hour say "rip that up, I'll pay you $10k less to take it off your hands now." And that they wouldnt wave it in your face as a contract?
Yes it's good advice.

I do have an attorney, a very very good one.

However, first I'm going to see if the Ford Marketing team can help here. I called a different dealer that is on the "No ADM" list and they said if I can get it moved there, they'll honor it. Or maybe they come up with another solution.

Attorneys / massive Twitter & Social from verified accounts / and more are all arrows in quiver that I hope we don't have to use.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Status