Sponsored

So no 4dr BD, mid pkg, manual trans option?

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Renegade, 20' Wrangler, 92' VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried looking but wasn't coming up with another topic although I'm sure there already is one about this...

So If I pick Black Diamond, with Manual trans, then select the mid package, as soon as I select mid package it switches over to auto trans. I thought that a manual transmission and mid-package would be available on Black Diamond, no?
The next option that lets me pick mid pkg and man. trans, is Badlands. I don't need all the Badlands bells and whistles and feel the Black Diamond would do the trick if I could get mid pkg! ugh.
BD - mic top, w/ roof rails, floor mats, manual trans, tow pkg, plus mid pkg would be $43,995.00 ($42,500.00 with standard pkg)
BL - mic top, w/roof rails, floor mats, manual trans, tow pkg, plus mid pkg would be $50,040.00

So a $6045.00 jump in price. I know you get a lot more with the Badlands build, but it's all stuff I probably won't use like the sway bar disconnect etc. I think for the type of "off-roading" I will be doing I won't need stuff like that. Heck for another $3590, I might as well get a fully loaded Badlands with Lux pkg, tow pkg, manual trans etc. for $53630.00.

A Black Diamond mid pkg manual trans would do it for me, but the B&P won't allow it!
School me! :p
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Correct, no BD manual with Mid no matter the door count. There's been plenty of posts in the past but if you want manual and Mid (or High/Lux) you have to go with a BL.

OP
OP
eatworksleepdie

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Renegade, 20' Wrangler, 92' VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I was hoping that was an error in the B&P, and something they were going to fix. laaame!

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yup, I'm in the same boat. I'm hoping my order gets pushed to MY22 and Ford opens up the mid package on BD, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was shocked as well, since I'd only very recently thought, hmmmm, I wonder about that 4 bang and a stick?! Great combo....but no mid!! And I remembered reading all the posts from July and Aug about that....crazy. Then I realized I'm old enough that either knee or shoulder surgery would lock me down, and then I remembered trying to twist in the seat at the boat ramp. No can do! lol

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Forgive me, but what's so great about the Mid package? Aside from heated seats, I see nothing here that I couldn't easily forego. Would some of this be nice? Sure. But this issue wouldn't push me to spend the extra $$ for a Badlands. I could live without heated seats.

Ford Bronco So no 4dr BD, mid pkg, manual trans option? 1612376492486

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forgive me, but what's so great about the Mid package? Aside from heated seats, I see nothing here that I couldn't easily forego. Would some of this be nice? Sure. But this issue wouldn't push me to spend the extra $$ for a Badlands. I could live without heated seats.

Ford Bronco So no 4dr BD, mid pkg, manual trans option? 1612376492486
heated seats, dual AC/Heat and rear sensor. But not worth going to BL.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1612376492486.png
I guess if those things aren't meaningful to you than they aren't.... but to me you asked what was so great about the Mid Package and then post a huge list of great things.

+Intellegent Access
+Ford Co-Pilot360
+Auto Climate Control
+Heated Seats
+Remote Start (though, this may be available on all trims with the app... I'm not convinced)
+Sync 4 with Enhanced Voice (upgraded Sync 4 with additional features, not sure exactly what)
+Navigation capability (though ACP or AA would replace this)

cesarinho

Black Diamond
First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guess I was hoping that was an error in the B&P, and something they were going to fix. laaame!
This would really suck. I want a Big Bend Mansquatch with Mid. I thought it was a glitch too. I hope Ford offers this for MY22. I really only want the rear camera sensors for backing up in my garage and auto dual-zone climate control...and maybe throw a damn garage door opener stand-alone option. C'mon Ford! 🤣

Last edited:

Sponsored

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mid includes remote start, which means you MUST get auto, as it's not allowed for manual.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mid includes remote start, which means you MUST get auto, as it's not allowed for manual.
Except, you CAN get the Mid package on Badlands with a manual transmission. This is just Ford forcing you to move up a model.

MISSJD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Cabrio
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Except, you CAN get the Mid package on Badlands with a manual transmission. This is just Ford forcing you to move up a model.
I had to have been typing right after you posted 😂 I hate being boxed into a trim with sooooo much other stuff I don't need or want....that includes orange stitching all over the place 😤
Sponsored