mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered a 2 door Sasquatch Black Diamond in July 2021…and waited forever. When the news hit this winter about constrained parts, I got worried and ended up buying a 2 door BaseSquatch off a lot. The ADM was $2K, and I didn’t get any price protection, but I had my Bronco! I was able to add a modular bumper, rock rails, and rear bumper from forum take offs. I added the Ford under armor kit using my points for half off. I also got ambitious and added the OEM aux switches to run Diode Dynamic fogs and built in ARB compressor.

But Ford surprised me and I got a scheduling email for July! I think the biggest differences would be I ordered the 2.7, where the Base has the 2.3. I never feel at a loss for power though. I’m watching Armorlite for their washout floor, so that leaves the MGV seats as the only thing I’m missing. I’ll also say the Carbonized Gray on my Base has really grown on me. I ordered A51, but not sure I want it now.

So I’m not sure what to do. I could sell one, but the 10% sales tax in LA makes it hard to work the financials. Is the 2.7 worth it? Anything else I’d be getting with a BD SAS over my upgraded BaseSquatch?
Sponsored

Buckethead

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Exp ST, ‘22 Base 2dr & ‘23 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard to beat the value of the base squatch. You got lockers and everything you need and really the BD only gets you MGV seats which, IMO is a negative. After doing the swass-rodeo in Moab on MGV seats I think cloth are the best. Long story short I’ll have 2 2D’s as well. 1 bare bones Base & one non-squatch BL. If I could do this whole 2 year journey over again I’d do the the squatch base, hands down.

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hard to beat the value of the base squatch. You got lockers and everything you need and really the BD only gets you MGV seats which, IMO is a negative. After doing the swass-rodeo in Moab on MGV seats I think cloth are the best. Long story short I’ll have 2 2D’s as well. 1 bare bones Base & one non-squatch BL. If I could do this whole 2 year journey over again I’d do the the squatch base, hands down.
I'm the opposite with the MGV, i hate cloth, i run beach, camping, water sports, snowboarding etc, and cloth is PIA to clean sand out of, where the MGV i can use my compressor and blow the entire cab out and then wipe it down with a rag and its new,

Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I ordered a 2 door Sasquatch Black Diamond in July 2021…and waited forever. When the news hit this winter about constrained parts, I got worried and ended up buying a 2 door BaseSquatch off a lot. The ADM was $2K, and I didn’t get any price protection, but I had my Bronco! I was able to add a modular bumper, rock rails, and rear bumper from forum take offs. I added the Ford under armor kit using my points for half off. I also got ambitious and added the OEM aux switches to run Diode Dynamic fogs and built in ARB compressor.

But Ford surprised me and I got a scheduling email for July! I think the biggest differences would be I ordered the 2.7, where the Base has the 2.3. I never feel at a loss for power though. I’m watching Armorlite for their washout floor, so that leaves the MGV seats as the only thing I’m missing. I’ll also say the Carbonized Gray on my Base has really grown on me. I ordered A51, but not sure I want it now.

So I’m not sure what to do. I could sell one, but the 10% sales tax in LA makes it hard to work the financials. Is the 2.7 worth it? Anything else I’d be getting with a BD SAS over my upgraded BaseSquatch?
Add the Ford Performance tune to the Basesquatch and keep it.

Buckethead

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm the opposite with the MGV, i hate cloth, i run beach, camping, water sports, snowboarding etc, and cloth is PIA to clean sand out of, where the MGV i can use my compressor and blow the entire cab out and then wipe it down with a rag and its new,
So this is a fair point. While I was sweaty the whole time in the Moab off rodeo I didn’t have to clean the thing and it was FILTHY. Cloth would likely make that process a PITA especially since the interior is a fine dust magnet. On a side note I’ve been impressed with fords cloths seats in the past. Had a brand new ‘12 150 with the fold down middle seat in the front and had a full coffee get knocked out of the cup holder and land perfectly upside down in the passenger seat emptying it. I was stunned that it didn’t stain. Was like it soaked into the padding but the thread the cover cloth was made from wasn’t porous at all so the surface cleaned up fine.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I ordered the 2.7, where the Base has the 2.3. I never feel at a loss for power though.
If you are happy with the Ford Performance tune keep the 2.3. I have the 2.7 and always stays in normal mode. When I use the sport mode is really a scary beast with 35 tires and I am thinking of upgrading the brakes. If you want 37 or 40 tires then the 2.7 needs the Ford Performance tune.

I’ll also say the Carbonized Gray on my Base has really grown on me. I ordered A51, but not sure I want it now.

In my opinion Carbonized Gray only looks good in a Porsche 911. Area 51 is the best color. New
Automobile Manufacturers keep making similar colors to the A51 for their new products line.

Example: The Toyota 2024 Grand Highlander
kziqRyT.jpg

and The Dodge 2024 Hornet R/T
h3vNnui.jpg

BBSas

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice for you to have a choice as so many don’t and can’t get their build. The 2 door is a unicorn with the constraints and if you’re price protected, you should be able to make the numbers work regardless of which one you decide to part with.

Buckethead

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are happy with the Ford Performance tune keep the 2.3. I have the 2.7 and always stays in normal mode. When I use the sport mode is really a scary beast with 35 tires and I am thinking of upgrading the brakes. If you want 37 or 40 tires then the 2.7 needs the Ford Performance tune.

In my opinion Carbonized Gray only looks good in a Porsche 911. Area 51 is the best color. New
Automobile Manufacturers keep making similar colors to the A51 for their new products line.

Example: The Toyota 2024 Grand Highlander
Ford Bronco So now I have two 2 doors…what to do? h3vNnui

and The Dodge 2024 Hornet R/T
Ford Bronco So now I have two 2 doors…what to do? h3vNnui
Color is a funny beast and it’s interesting to see everyone’s take on them. I put some badlands take offs on my sons carbonized grey base and absolutely love how the rash rings are factory paint matched - that sealed it for me as my favorite color. For my badlands build I’m in VB because I couldn’t decide so my youngest picked it for me. and my wife would let me get EG…

IMG_1852.jpeg

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Color is a funny beast and it’s interesting to see everyone’s take on them. I put some badlands take offs on my sons carbonized grey base and absolutely love how the rash rings are factory paint matched - that sealed it for me as my favorite color. For my badlands build I’m in VB because I couldn’t decide so my youngest picked it for me. and my wife would let me get EG…

Ford Bronco So now I have two 2 doors…what to do? IMG_1852
Some people pay extra for this color and they think is the best one: 🤣

d41VVRk.jpg

Buckethead

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some people pay extra for this color and they think is the best one: 🤣

Ford Bronco So now I have two 2 doors…what to do? d41VVRk

[/QUOTE

They are a passionate bunch for sure but I could do school bus long before the reds.

Jro

I’ll also say the Carbonized Gray on my Base has really grown on me. I ordered A51, but not sure I want it now.
A51 is no longer available for Bronco.
The closest color we have now is Azure Gray which is metallic.

56F100

Outer Banks
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
56 Ford F100 with 30K original miles
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can't you back out of the first order? Most dealers would love to have a 2-door on the lot and add $5K - $10K over the MSRP. I prefer the 2.7, but that's just my opinion. I also like the bright colors on the 2-doors, especially the oranges and Race Red. Colors are very subjective. There's no wrong choice as long as you like it.
Sponsored