Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

and is any of it worth consideration? Or immediate rejection? I'm picking mine up tomorrow.

I won't buy the extended warranty yet, I'm gonna wait and see how many issues show up over the next year or so and if they would be covered by it, can buy it any time during the original warranty. Plus I'd buy it online unless they can match or at least get close to online pricing.

I haven't bought a new car in 18 years, so not sure what other things they might offer during the final sales process.

We're paying cash, so no finance haggling, I hope to be out within an hour, hitting the road.

Thanks for any insight, if this has been answered elsewhere, just point me there, could not find it via search.
Sponsored

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I guess most dealers have all sorts of add-ons they would like you to buy. Some of them offer paint sealants, ceramic coatings, seat/fabric protection, tire damage coverage, door ding removal, windshield glass repair, wheel repair coverage just to name a few. I'm sure there are others. Hold on to your wallet and good luck! Congratulations on your new Bronco!

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! Yeah, not gonna go on a spending spree, this thing is expensive enough. I'd not want any of the things you mention either, I'm doing my ceramic coating myself next week, MGV hopefully doesn't need any sealant and the rest I can live without. Windshields are under my insurance and small cracks I fix myself too. But good list, so I know what things to expect.
So far my dealer has been great, so I don't expect too many useless offers, but I've never bought from them and even if, it would have been 18 years ago, LOL.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

and is any of it worth consideration? Or immediate rejection? I'm picking mine up tomorrow.

I won't buy the extended warranty yet, I'm gonna wait and see how many issues show up over the next year or so and if they would be covered by it, can buy it any time during the original warranty. Plus I'd buy it online unless they can match or at least get close to online pricing.

I haven't bought a new car in 18 years, so not sure what other things they might offer during the final sales process.

We're paying cash, so no finance haggling, I hope to be out within an hour, hitting the road.

Thanks for any insight, if this has been answered elsewhere, just point me there, could not find it via search.
I would like to know if extended warranty is worth it too. I've always bought used so it was never an issue.

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to know if extended warranty is worth it too. I've always bought used so it was never an issue.
I've read arguments for both sides. I'm gonna wait and see what issues show up, you can buy it any time while your Bronco is under warranty, it gets a bit more expensive over time, but not by much and online deals are much better than at the dealer.
I usually never buy these extended warranties for anything, don't recall ever having anything fail under warranty either. But with all the electronics in modern cars I'm a bit concerned, as fixing bugs in there can get expensive very fast.
My current car still has a tape deck and CD player in it, no screens or sensors of any kind, but the Bronco is basically a rolling computer that gets bumped around and sits in hot and cold and dry and moist all the time.
I figure I'll buy it in a year or two if I see lots of issues that would be covered under the warranty.

Also keep in mind that the extended warranty starts the same day as your original warranty (no matter when you buy it, if you buy it in two years it still starts at the day you bought the car), so 7 years is actually 5 etc.

Sponsored

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

VIN etching, alarm systems, GPS trackers, prepaid maintenance, door edge guards, etc.

They are all a huge money makers for dealers. Many of the Ford dealers here in SoCal install alarms in every vehicle they receive on the lot. Even if you don't buy the system you'll end up with a wiring harness that has been cut and spliced.
My dealer kept coming up with excuses when I asked them NOT to install any after market options (including any alarm) on my Bronco, it's required by our insurance, we can't possible track your Bronco and exclude the installation, you won't be charged if you don't want it, etc.

Almost all dealers outsource the work, so you never really know if the installer knows what they are doing, or if they did it correctly. And, aftermarket modifications are not covered by the factory warrantee. When I worked for one of the major auto manufacturers, dealer installed options were the largest source of customer complaints.

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I told my sales guy to not add anything, we'll see if that worked. Doesn't it come with alarm already from factory? And I can track it from my Ford app? Why would the dealer have to track it, I'd have that taken off right away. Enough that my phone and Ford corp knows where I'm at, LOL.

they don't do the silly etching here or filling the tires with what ever stupid gas, at least from what I was told and I didn't see any online writeups either. I'll find out soon enough.

Prepaid service plan is the only thing that might be interesting, but I'm also getting $1000 in Ford Pass points for switching my roof option and there's not much in the accessories catalog I'm interested in, so service should be covered for a while.

Thanks!

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2 to 2.5 hours is more realistic (that was my experience with no trade and my own financing already set up). Lots of waiting and politely saying no, but then it’s just an open road forever after. Enjoy that test drive, it’s something you won’t forget!

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've read arguments for both sides. I'm gonna wait and see what issues show up, you can buy it any time while your Bronco is under warranty, it gets a bit more expensive over time, but not by much and online deals are much better than at the dealer.
I usually never buy these extended warranties for anything, don't recall ever having anything fail under warranty either. But with all the electronics in modern cars I'm a bit concerned, as fixing bugs in there can get expensive very fast.
My current car still has a tape deck and CD player in it, no screens or sensors of any kind, but the Bronco is basically a rolling computer that gets bumped around and sits in hot and cold and dry and moist all the time.
I figure I'll buy it in a year or two if I see lots of issues that would be covered under the warranty.

Also keep in mind that the extended warranty starts the same day as your original warranty (no matter when you buy it, if you buy it in two years it still starts at the day you bought the car), so 7 years is actually 5 etc.
i have the same plan as you, wait for a year and see, but these high temperature high pressure engines don't usually start showing issues until year 2 or 3.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was out in 90 minutes. I declined all of the offered “products”:
Extended Warranty $3500
Service and maintenance plan $4500
Paint and interior protection $1999
Tire protection plan $899 (essentially road hazard)
Dent repair $699
Overall a pleasant experience, zero pressure sales tactics. I was polite and let them explain everything before declining.

Sponsored

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

You have a CD player also? Mine just has a tape deck.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, say No to everything. Nothing they offer is a good deal or even a quality product.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sure if I should consider the tire road hazard. I got it on my (then) new 2016 explorer, and have replaced a fair number of tires…probably 4-6 under the insurance.
I’m not sure if the KO2’s are less likely to be bothered by a nail?

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Smart shield, ding shield, security etch, polysteel, windshield, permanent tire shire, antimicrobial barrier, gap protection, warranty, pre pay for oil changes and services and others.