Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was out in 90 minutes. I declined all of the offered “products”:
Extended Warranty $3500
Service and maintenance plan $4500
Paint and interior protection $1999
Tire protection plan $899 (essentially road hazard)
Dent repair $699
Overall a pleasant experience, zero pressure sales tactics. I was polite and let them explain everything before declining.
At first glance I thought you said you bought all of that.
:eek:

I just wonder who buys some of that stuff.
Sponsored

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If we keep it long enough you can buy an extended warranty after just not roll it into payments. I have been disappointed in the past due to buying all these items at delivery and then seeing I am paying 100-150 mth more than originally quoted... what did I do....regret

antman92

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

and is any of it worth consideration? Or immediate rejection? I'm picking mine up tomorrow.

I won't buy the extended warranty yet, I'm gonna wait and see how many issues show up over the next year or so and if they would be covered by it, can buy it any time during the original warranty. Plus I'd buy it online unless they can match or at least get close to online pricing.

I haven't bought a new car in 18 years, so not sure what other things they might offer during the final sales process.

We're paying cash, so no finance haggling, I hope to be out within an hour, hitting the road.

Thanks for any insight, if this has been answered elsewhere, just point me there, could not find it via search.
did my paper work last night.

they try to get you rust proofing (your call) PPF/ceramic (your call) service packages (your call) and extended warranty that doesnt kick in until your 3 years is up and you can buy it anytime before that 3 year is up.

personally, im doing ppf elsewhere for cheaper, no rust proofing, and i work in parts so i dont see why i'd pay up front for service packages when i get the oil and filter at cost lol

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

did my paper work last night.

they try to get you rust proofing (your call) PPF/ceramic (your call) service packages (your call) and extended warranty that doesnt kick in until your 3 years is up and you can buy it anytime before that 3 year is up.

personally, im doing ppf elsewhere for cheaper, no rust proofing, and i work in parts so i dont see why i'd pay up front for service packages when i get the oil and filter at cost lol
Homer Buys a Canyonero

Sponsored
OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so I got it home, very pleased with my dealer, finance lady just showed me the offerings (all together over $10k!) and we declined, signed a bunch of other papers, wrote a check and done, super painless, friendly, no hard sales, nothing. In the mean time they filled it up with gas and added the wheel lock nuts they had forgotten to put on (so make sure to check if you ordered those) and we walked out and drove away.
Can't recommend Walnut Creek Ford any higher, absolutely painless process, friendly atmosphere, no pushy nobody.
I hope your experience will be similar with your dealer!

Shuck

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
service1stwindows.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What is the cost for a Ford Service contract for 6 year or 100000 miles? Not an aftermarket extended warranty, but with Ford.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base

DirtMountainMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Go with someone like Flood Ford ( ESP ) I used my Ford Pass points. Showed up in the app as an extended warranty. Ford Extended Warranty - Geniune Ford ESP Sales (floodfordesp.com)
6 Yr / 100k $100 deductible = $1260
Yep, I went with the 100k warrantee. It seems like $ well spent and mine included 3 years service/rotation. I paid a little more through the dealer but I feel like they won't give me any grief for small issues since they sold me the plan. You have to believe there will be some growing pains with a year 1 vehicle and I still don't trust the MIC hard tops long term durability. Also took the ceramic coating with a lifetime paint guarantee. I plan on owning the Bronco for many years parked under a tree.

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the cost for a Ford Service contract for 6 year or 100000 miles? Not an aftermarket extended warranty, but with Ford.
You can buy a 5yr/100k mile Premiumcare online for around $1,150

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

some good info above, thanks!
We picked up the Bronco on Friday and it was pretty painless. The finance lady just went over what the different plans are but already knew from my sales guy that I won't be buying any of those things that day. She wasn't pushy and the whole process took maybe half an hour, very happy with my dealer, was almost fun buying the Bronco there (Walnut Creek Ford in CA).
All together the offerings I could have bought came in at a tad over $10k, pretty crazy. But that included paint protection plan, tire protection plans, things like that. Nothing I'd have ever needed up to now, so skipped it all.
I might buy the extended warranty plan if I see lots of issues pop up that would be covered under warranty, but since I can buy this anytime during the initial 3 year warranty I decided to wait. Great to know that I can use my pass points at a discounter for that though, thanks for mentioning that! I was wondering if they'd be tied to my dealer.

I hope you all get your Broncos soon and that the sales process is as good as it was at my dealer!

Cleecvt1

Black Diamond
First Name
Christie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Purchasing a 2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
some good info above, thanks!
We picked up the Bronco on Friday and it was pretty painless. The finance lady just went over what the different plans are but already knew from my sales guy that I won't be buying any of those things that day. She wasn't pushy and the whole process took maybe half an hour, very happy with my dealer, was almost fun buying the Bronco there (Walnut Creek Ford in CA).
All together the offerings I could have bought came in at a tad over $10k, pretty crazy. But that included paint protection plan, tire protection plans, things like that. Nothing I'd have ever needed up to now, so skipped it all.
I might buy the extended warranty plan if I see lots of issues pop up that would be covered under warranty, but since I can buy this anytime during the initial 3 year warranty I decided to wait. Great to know that I can use my pass points at a discounter for that though, thanks for mentioning that! I was wondering if they'd be tied to my dealer.

I hope you all get your Broncos soon and that the sales process is as good as it was at my dealer!

Cleecvt1

Black Diamond
First Name
Christie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Purchasing a 2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you remember what they wanted for paint protection
Sponsored