Sponsored

So Sick of some of the guys at work saying the Tesla Model Y is a capable SUV.

Analog Kid

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh great, the trend continues. Every forum I join:

you’re not a real gamer unless you have a 3Dfx card (yes, this dates me)

you’re not a real motorcyclist unless you do track days (this was the worst)

It’s not a real SUV unless it meets some unnamed list of design features, but some times we call them trucks and sometimes we don’t

seriously, why care
On that note, it's not a real manual unless it has a clutch pedal, and it's not a real coupe unless it only has two doors.
Sponsored

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buuuuuuuut, at the rate we are going, I will get my Cybertruck before I get my Bronco. :cool:

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of the guys at work are purchasing the Tesla Model Y and keep saying it's a SUV and it's fulling capable of off-roading. If that's the case, so is the company Prius! I found a couple videos but I can't tell if these guys are for real or just messing around.

Those batteries and water will be spectacular if they ever come together. 🤣

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly!! Because theyre pretentious, supposedly, entitled, and they believe theyre above the law.

Also, remember the South Park episode based around the Prius? Everyone who had one was obsessed with themselves and consistently smelled their farts. Yeah, that's Tesla's drivers..
I was going to say they've usurped BMW drivers, but maybe those and Prius drivers merge here.

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In the first video posted he literally says these are not off road vehicles in the first couple minutes, so they are not claiming to be fully off road capable, just that you can have a bit of fun off pavement.
I mean technically you can drive off pavement in any vehicle. It just might not make it back to the pavement lol

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh great, the trend continues. Every forum I join:

you’re not a real gamer unless you have a 3Dfx card (yes, this dates me)

you’re not a real motorcyclist unless you do track days (this was the worst)

It’s not a real SUV unless it meets some unnamed list of design features, but some times we call them trucks and sometimes we don’t

seriously, why care
It's on every forum. Does NOT matter the subject. Facebook groups are even worse. I once overheard a 50+ year old female co-worker getting worked up because someone in her SEWING / CRAFTING Facebook group was criticizing her sewing machine.

My kid is grown, so it doesn't effect me - but I think SUVs, Crossovers, 4 door pick ups (with actual options, not crew cab work trucks which have been around forever) are all products from parents who needed room and didn't want to drive a Minivan, station wagon or a Suburban.

Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think I know where you're going - but I can tell you from personal experience that fire suppression on EVs (vehicle fire standpoint) is something no one seems to want to talk about.....the expense of outfitting Fire Departments with the appropriate materials / tools, not to mention volunteer units.

Yes - I know that's totally different. I have several friends who are fire fighters and if you mention EVs around them they go ballistic LOL..........

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of the guys at work are purchasing the Tesla Model Y and keep saying it's a SUV and it's fulling capable of off-roading. If that's the case, so is the company Prius! I found a couple videos but I can't tell if these guys are for real or just messing around.

Fully capable for going to Costco... Sure

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The first video is Old NC 105 - Early in the year after they regrade the road, I took a stock Focus ST on low profile tires through there, no means a challenge.

A couple weeks ago I took the Bronco back through. The ruts and washboard had built up enough the ST would never have survived, but a stock Subaru Crosstrek would have. All depends on the time of year he ran it - but it's not a challenge for off roading.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

^^ THIS ^^ * 100

You forgot to mention that they also have the worst drivers in the history of the world driving them.
Why my buddy coined the term Douchela. Basically “rich” Prius drivers
Sponsored