Sponsored

So Sick of some of the guys at work saying the Tesla Model Y is a capable SUV.

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, 36 ford convertible, 59 MGA, 57 Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of the guys at work are purchasing the Tesla Model Y and keep saying it's a SUV and it's fulling capable of off-roading. If that's the case, so is the company Prius! I found a couple videos but I can't tell if these guys are for real or just messing around.

Sponsored

Last edited:

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I live in SoCal and pretty regularly drive up the mountains to snowboard. A few years ago I vividly remember a Prius blowing past me in a passing lane halfway up the hill before there was much snow on the road. I knew it was going to get pretty deep but I figured the person must know something I don't and the Prius must have some snow driving capabilities I was not aware of.

Cut to 30 minutes later and I passed the Prius stuck at the base of a small hill.

At the end of the day, the most important piece of off-road equipment is between your ears.

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some of the guys are purchasing the Tesla Model Y and keep saying it's a SUV and it's fulling capable of off-roading. If that's the case, so is the company Prius! I found a couple videos but I can't tell if these guys are for real or just messing around.

In the first video posted he literally says these are not off road vehicles in the first couple minutes, so they are not claiming to be fully off road capable, just that you can have a bit of fun off pavement.

OP
OP
Robertriley

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the first video posted he literally says these are not off road vehicles in the first couple minutes, so they are not claiming to be fully off road capable, just that you can have a bit of fun off pavement.
It's the two guys at work that purchased them and said that they are a SUV and can off-road.

OP
OP
Robertriley

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to send them this thread

Sponsored

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Tesla's have turned into the generic, electric, vehicle of our time. They're ugly as sin, poor build quality and now a dime a dozen. Here in Vegas theyre "pimped out" with their rainbow, chrome, wraps, personalized plates and other add-ons. The Y is definitely the ugliest and not off-road capable.

OP
OP
Robertriley

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@ryanpioletti was going down the devil's route to getting a Model Y until I got ahold of him.

OP
OP
Robertriley

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do appreciate this guy pushing the Tesla as far as he has.

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Tesla's have turned into the generic, electric, vehicle of our time. They're ugly as sin, poor build quality and now a dime a dozen. Here in Vegas theyre "pimped out" with their rainbow, chrome, wraps, personalized plates and other add-ons. The Y is definitely the ugliest and not off-road capable.

^^ THIS ^^ * 100

You forgot to mention that they also have the worst drivers in the history of the world driving them.

Sponsored

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
^^ THIS ^^ * 100

You forgot to mention that they also have the worst drivers in the history of the world driving them.
Exactly!! Because theyre pretentious, supposedly, entitled, and they believe theyre above the law.

Also, remember the South Park episode based around the Prius? Everyone who had one was obsessed with themselves and consistently smelled their farts. Yeah, that's Tesla's drivers..

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh great, the trend continues. Every forum I join:

you’re not a real gamer unless you have a 3Dfx card (yes, this dates me)

you’re not a real motorcyclist unless you do track days (this was the worst)

It’s not a real SUV unless it meets some unnamed list of design features, but some times we call them trucks and sometimes we don’t

seriously, why care

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of the guys at work are purchasing the Tesla Model Y and keep saying it's a SUV and it's fulling capable of off-roading. If that's the case, so is the company Prius! I found a couple videos but I can't tell if these guys are for real or just messing around.

Why fret over what they say? Just invite them to bring their teslas out with you on trails with the Bronco. And then smile. (And get some video for the rest of us to enjoy)

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
TIHI

I guess I'm lost. Why does this matter? I could ride my skateboard over rocks in Moab, too. The 4" of ground clearance a Tesla gives you seems counter to actual, real off-roading but what do I know?
Sponsored