Sponsored

So... Squatch means no roof rack. Changing your mind?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
So it clearly not a GVWR thing, as you can't get a roof rack on a Squatched base 4 door with 2.3, same as you can't get it with the V6 on any other squatched trim. So a dynamic vehicle weight/center of gravity thing?
You can add rack to a Squatched 2 door though!
Canada doesn't get the FE... Did I read that you can add roof rack to a 4 door FE?

So...are you adding your roof rack after ordering? Giving up on Squatch? Going 2 door instead of 4?
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya a roof rack would not be a deal breaker for me, too many aftermarket options. But I’m going with a 2 door WT and I get to add the rack as an option... so there’s that

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
This question should have be ask in the stupid question thread!!!
Lol. Well I know it won't be a deal breaker for anyone...
I guess I just wanna know Fords reasoning in it...
Pretty stupid, yes...

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it clearly not a GVWR thing, as you can't get a roof rack on a Squatched base 4 door with 2.3, same as you can't get it with the V6 on any other <4-Door> squatched trim.
I made your statement less confusing by adding <4-Door> to it. As you later state it works (and I verified) with all 2-door configurations.

The 4-door weighs right at 200 pounds more than the 2-door. It also has an additional seat which means another (guessing 170lbs) of calculated person weight over the 2-door. That is 370lbs of extra GVWR used up right there.

You have it backwards, it is not the theoretical weight being too high up, otherwise it would not be offered at all, it makes far more sense that it is the total weight. the 2-door can automatically carry 370lbs more of accessories than the 4-door right out of the box if the limit, as Ford has stated in the FAQ, is related to going over the GWVR. (in Sasquatched form)

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I made your statement less confusing by adding <4-Door> to it. As you later state it works (and I verified) with all 2-door configurations.

The 4-door weighs right at 200 pounds more than the 2-door. It also has an additional seat which means another (guessing 170lbs) of calculated person weight over the 2-door. That is 370lbs of extra GVWR used up right there.

You have it backwards, it is not the theoretical weight being too high up, otherwise it would not be offered at all, it makes far more sense that it is the total weight. the 2-door can automatically carry 370lbs more of accessories than the 4-door right out of the box if the limit, as Ford has stated in the FAQ, is related to going over the GWVR. (in Sasquatched form)
That makes more sense... But it also must be partially a dynamic center of gravity issue as well, as the 4 door non-squatch can have factory roof rails...? Confirmed on 4 door BL
Edit: oops... forgetting the additional weight of the Squatch pack
??

Last edited:

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't worry. Ford will address the roof rack on 4 door squatch next year at the updated build and price.

:unsure:

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Just how heavy are the HD bash plates??
On a 2 door WT, you can not also add roof rack with the bash plates! Jeezus Ford

Last edited:

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wish Ford would give us a very clear and exact answer as to why. This is the part that pisses me off. Tell us exactly WHY? Is it GVWR or something else? Same with sound deadening, pain’t protection, etc. This is just REdiculous.

Rant over - Anyways, I’m just getting the rack from parts and putting it on myself.

Reactions: Axe
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish Ford would give us a very clear and exact answer as to why. This is the part that pisses me off. Tell us exactly WHY? Is it GVWR or something else? Same with sound deadening, pain’t protection, etc. This is just REdiculous.

Rant over - Anyways, I’m just getting the rack from parts and putting it on myself.
Yeah, really... Paint protection film weighs that much? Exactly how close is this thing to Max GVWR out of the box? 3lbs?

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So a 2 door WildTrak can't be had with bash plates and roof rails... Can't be a weight issue because you can add roof rails to a Squatched Badlands! (with auto and 2.7)
Crazy

Last edited:

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not changing. We're currently planning on going with the soft top, and waiting to see what the aftermarket comes up with for a removable rack solution. We will only occasionally need a rack, so a non-permanent rack mount would allow us to continue to use the soft top most of the time.

pineapple

Black Diamond
First Name
Cass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As in no roof rack installed from the dealer or they recommend no roof rack at all?

Roof rack is a must for me as a tent (GFC ultralite) is going on top.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GVWR makes some sense since they could be trying to keep the vehicle in a specific weight class for whatever reason. What doesn’t make sense in this scenario is that you can add accessories to your heart’s content. heavy accessories.

For example, the pull out tailgate is likely 20 pounds heavier than sound deadener. And they’re all removable so that shouldn’t matter either. Light bars, pods, tents, that weird fishing thing. I feel like Ford is getting marketing cute here trying to give little wins through all the various choices.

none of these things are going to change my build so I’m not worked up. sure, I’d prefer to give Ford money for their roof rails and sound deadener, but it’s not like I won’t have plenty of nice options for likely cheaper with just an ever so small bit of patience.

Last edited:

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, rocking 2 doors, but I’d add one after if I was going 4 door!
Sponsored