Sponsored

So, the auto drop-down windows on door opening...

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A parka doesn't do me any good in Miami either, but should parkas be redesigned?

I hate seeing the same questions that are geographically dependent from people who live there who can look at plenty of other vehicles with the same features... or notice how there's a severe lack of those vehicles in their area during the described conditions.

How many convertibles are driving around in your area right now with the top down? Have you answered your own question yet?

Ford Bronco So, the auto drop-down windows on door opening... Zt6W9aiKkUSZy
Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that came out at least for mustangs in the 99 hard edge/new edge. Buddy of mine had a 2000 he bought new and his had this. My 94 does not and another buddy had a 98 and his did not either.

I think if it was a big issue that over the last 20+yrs there would be more noise on this. I am sure there are failures out there as it is an electronic item but it has been around for more than two decades.

TXBoy79

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have you had any other major issues? I'm cross shopping ?‍♀
No issues until her 1st maintenance check...now she has a lot of issues. Just today on the highway she said her car started downshifting out of nowhere.

Sponsored

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Had this on my mini cooper in Interior AK. Window opened and closed without issue, even at -40F. I don't have any concerns about this feature. It makes it the doors close nice without the trapped air pressure as well.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A parka doesn't do me any good in Miami either, but should parkas be redesigned?

I hate seeing the same questions that are geographically dependent from people who live there who can look at plenty of other vehicles with the same features... or notice how there's a severe lack of those vehicles in their area during the described conditions.

How many convertibles are driving around in your area right now with the top down? Have you answered your own question yet?

Ford Bronco So, the auto drop-down windows on door opening... Zt6W9aiKkUSZy
And I hate when users from out of the geographical region comment on a geographical question in a geographical sub-forum. ;)

I'm curious because, while I do see convertibles around here, I have no idea if they have to get in through the trunk after some freezing rain.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think there is a master list of Bronco complaints and how worthless Ford is. No need to start new thread...

I retract my statement and give the benefit of the doubt to @pan-y-cerveza

Last edited:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And I hate when users from out of the geographical region comment on a geographical question in a geographical sub-forum. ;)

I'm curious because, while I do see convertibles around here, I have no idea if they have to get in through the trunk after some freezing rain.
Wow! I am all sorts of an idiot today. I apologize. I am usually just cranking through the "What's new" section.

While not in Canadian levels of winter, I did have my convertible Mustang in the northeast with snow storms and it did suck. The window worked almost every time even with an ice covering but I'm sure it's worse in higher latitudes. I just scraped an outline of ice around the window before getting inside.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow! I am all sorts of an idiot today. I apologize. I am usually just cranking through the "What's new" section.

While not in Canadian levels of winter, I did have my convertible Mustang in the northeast with snow storms and it did suck. The window worked almost every time even with an ice covering but I'm sure it's worse in higher latitudes. I just scraped an outline of ice around the window before getting inside.
Where does everyone get their scraper from to scrape before they get in? Those things live in cars where there's real winter. :ROFLMAO:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the way the Mustang is and many other cars that have a convertible model. Sometimes Ice would freeze and I couldn’t open the door. Just have to melt the ice first or not let it freeze there.
So tired of having to do that specific thing : the last 4 cars worth, 20+ years of that crap.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We have an 2013 Audi and has the same thing, at 73k miles and no issues with windows / weather.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe Ford stole the technology when they owned Aston Martin.
Or maybe Ford developed it while they owned Aston?

Either way, with enough freezing rain, you're not getting into your vehicle easily.
I'm just glad they don't have the stupid pull-up door handles my Ranger has. Just a light freezing rain and I struggle because you can't grip the door handle to even give it a reasonable tug.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

:unsure: Forgot about those days. Had a mid 70’s Mach 1. Door locks froze all the time. The hatchback never did. Fortunately, I was 45 years younger. I suppose if the door glass freezes, we can always climb in the back! Thanks for unthawing past memories!
Sponsored