Sponsored

So, the auto drop-down windows on door opening...

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
:unsure: Forgot about those days. Had a mid 70’s Mach 1. Door locks froze all the time. The hatchback never did. Fortunately, I was 45 years younger. I suppose if the door glass freezes, we can always climb in the back! Thanks for unthawing past memories!
I had a similar issue with my college beater... '85 Mercury Marquis Brougham. The door locks would freeze but not the trunk. I tried everything in those locks to prevent it with no success. The solution was a long flat screwdriver and bent coat hanger in the trunk.
I could pry the door frame and hook the door lock in seconds. However I still had the stupid, zero grip, pull up handles to deal with.
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I had a similar issue with my college beater... '85 Mercury Marquis Brougham. The door locks would freeze but not the trunk. I tried everything in those locks to prevent it with no success. The solution was a long flat screwdriver and bent coat hanger in the trunk.
I could pry the door frame and hook the door lock in seconds. However I still had the stupid, zero grip, pull up handles to deal with.
I’m always amazed at how much people whine about cars today. No points to adjust, no exhaust replacements every two years, cars run even in foggy moist weather, and door locks that don’t freeze.

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Explorer and 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Where does everyone get their scraper from to scrape before they get in? Those things live in cars where there's real winter. :ROFLMAO:
Exactly my thought!!!

And what about when the battery dies?

I hope to hell there is enough flex so the door can at least be opened without breaking the window.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Auto-indexing windows (I think that's what they were called on my Mustang anyway) were never a problem for me, even in Manitoba winters (cold) or East Coast winters (ice and snow)

I can't imagine they'll be of any concern with my Bronco.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where does everyone get their scraper from to scrape before they get in? Those things live in cars where there's real winter. :ROFLMAO:
I keep my snow brush in the house at night if there is going to be a big snowfall. That way I already have it in my hand and don’t have fill the cab of my truck with snow just trying to get it.

ICATCHN

Badlands
First Name
Amber & Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8, 21 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
our windows on the genesis arr drop downs and haven't had an issue in the winter yet, but I do find that the seal on car may be better as opening the window on bronco you get alot of water run of into it, and that may freeze up in there and cause more hassle
Sponsored