Sponsored

So the Black Diamond and package options...

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford removed the body color painted hard top on the Black Diamond.
If it is not an option I might have to give up on the Bronco.
Not according to this spec sheet for BD....
Ford Bronco So the Black Diamond and package options... 68B36E85-A46B-4A36-8826-C641001ACCAD
Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Body color top now available on Big Bend and above

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not according to this spec sheet for BD....
Ford Bronco So the Black Diamond and package options... 68B36E85-A46B-4A36-8826-C641001ACCAD
That’s great if your buying a 4 door BD but the painted HT doesn’t seem to be an option on the 2 dr

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does anyone know what the vinyl will be like? Is it the same vinyl you find in an XL work truck or is it more like “leatherette” you see in other vehicles? Maybe it’s something completely different.

Sponsored

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i’ll be honest here I understand that they want to come and include other things in certain packages to monopolize them and make more money I get that and it is what it is it’s corporate greed at its finest, but if you’re willing to pay the extra money for extra things why would you not offer that?? #ignorant
Ok. The last part of what you wrote makes no sense. You say they bundle into packages because its corporate greed but then you say they would make more money offering everything separately...which is it?

Reality is that offering everything as packages allows easier forecasting as someone else said...and better pricing on the necessary parts since they're buying more of them.

I get the frustration but most people don't order vehicles, they buy what is on the lot so part of the reason for packages is to make ordering more straightforward for dealers. Can you imagine the weird combinations you would see on lots? For a while, all the max tow F150's around had the 26 gallon tank instead of the 36...it was just stupid...but thats what the dealer ordered so...

OP
OP
Absolomb

Absolomb

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok. The last part of what you wrote makes no sense. You say they bundle into packages because its corporate greed but then you say they would make more money offering everything separately...which is it?

Reality is that offering everything as packages allows easier forecasting as someone else said...and better pricing on the necessary parts since they're buying more of them.

I get the frustration but most people don't order vehicles, they buy what is on the lot so part of the reason for packages is to make ordering more straightforward for dealers. Can you imagine the weird combinations you would see on lots? For a while, all the max tow F150's around had the 26 gallon tank instead of the 36...it was just stupid...but thats what the dealer ordered so...
I just want my 12” screen and 360 cameras instead of having to shell out more money to upgrade to another model that’s greed at its finest but hey to which ever their own, besides not everything is final so guess we’ll seeee boo boo.

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just want my 12” screen and 360 cameras instead of having to shell out more money to upgrade to another model that’s greed at its finest but hey to which ever their own, besides not everything is final so guess we’ll seeee boo boo.
Some things may be a la carte, with any luck, those will be. I know the 360 camera was not available separately on some trims levels when I got my truck (2015) but Sync upgrades were. sounds like the 360 camera may be available on lower trim level F150's and I'm sure Sync upgrades are so maybe it will work out for you.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hell, I want cloth seats and the washout floor. The price point and off road goodies still make BD my choice. If I don’t mind the vinyl, then good. If I hate it, then covers. I’m starting to wonder if the hard molle panel is an option in all trims, aftermarket concept eye candy from the reveal, or only available in higher trims.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don’t know if anyone has discussed this yet, but what are our expectations for the increased rake due to the steel bumper up front? Or will it just be negligible?
The pricing survey thread had the bumper at $800 for all models besides BD and BL where it is standard.

Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
The pricing survey thread had the bumper at $800 for all models besides BD and BL where it is standard.
I mean how will the suspension up front handle the added weight from the steel bumper. Will it sag some? Or is it not heavy enough I wonder?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's a mix of factors. Profit is definitely one of them, but if they offered everything on a menu, costs would go up significantly. More machine changeovers, more labor, less accurate forecasting, and incredibly difficult inventory management would all increase costs. It would be a logistical nightmare. Just look at how much b!itch!ng already exists about the pricing. If it was all on a menu, you'd be appalled at how much each item would cost.
This is correct. Ford is a manufacturer of automobiles not a boutique dress maker. The mission statement of any business is to make a profit. Auto manufacturing is a difficult industry to make profit. Prohlfit is mainly achieved by selling product by minimizing manufacturing costs. Offering trim levels with defined equipment groups (i.e. packages) helps reduce manufacturing costs by not having a too diverse and broad range of product to build. Having 6 trim levels is pretty diverse already, higher trim levels bring higher profit per vehicle. That's been the game in the auto industry since day one.

Ford has tried to set different trims it sees its diverse client base will generally fall into. It's no secret, Ford is telling us this up front. If you want a serious off roader then the Base with 'Squatch is your choice. If you want a soft SUV then OBX is offered. If you want in between, there are the other trim levels.

I think it's a good offering of trim diversity considering the price point of the New Bronco. Ford has been clear that there are Ford-offered add ons and after market support is expected. If the New Bronco will be anything like a Jeep Wrangler, then we can expect a large after market support in due time. Key is what Ford releases to the aftermarket as intellectual property to keep engineering costs low for aftermarket products.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like any other vehicle on the market, buy what you can afford. Ford is in the business to make money, not to make sure every family has a new Bronco in the driveway. So some of the trims are expensive. How's that different from any other vehicle? Get what you can afford. If that means not getting the Bronco, or a lower trim, so be it.

Seems a few folks around here expect Ford to lose money just so they can have a cheap new vehicle. Like it's their right to own a $60K vehicle for $35K. If you don't like what you get for the money, spend it somewhere else.

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m still kinda sore about Ford offering Rubber floors and Vinyl seats as an upgrade?!?!?!?! On every other truck that is base model stuff but NOOOO the bronco it is considered a premium for some stupid reason. Ok I feel better now. Rant over?
Agreed. Ran a open top 4Runner with a binini for years with cloth seats and carpet floors. Went everywhere off and on road with it in Colorado and Utah. Never did I felt the need to wash out my interior besides a good vacuum. Rubber floors feel cheap to me, and I like fabric seats that I don't stick to - and my boat seats get plenty hot/sticky/sweaty, so think I'm avoiding Black Diamond and Badlands and going Big Bend with Sasquatch and Mid package. Everything I need but stabar disconnects
Sponsored

Reactions: RLW