Sponsored

So the Black Diamond and package options...

VegasKoop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I live in Phoenix and am old enough to have owned a vinyl seated convertible.

The 2 door BD and a baseSquatch with the advanced TC are about the same price, but the BD's seats are huge turn off for me.
Same here, in LV. I'd be all over the BD's value if it wasn't for the mgv.
Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. Ran a open top 4Runner with a binini for years with cloth seats and carpet floors. Went everywhere off and on road with it in Colorado and Utah. Never did I felt the need to wash out my interior besides a good vacuum. Rubber floors feel cheap to me, and I like fabric seats that I don't stick to - and my boat seats get plenty hot/sticky/sweaty, so think I'm avoiding Black Diamond and Badlands and going Big Bend with Sasquatch and Mid package. Everything I need but stabar disconnects
I was leaning toward BB as well, but the upgrade to BD includes:
Modular Bumper​
Upgraded Bash Plates​
Rock Rails​
Rubberized Floor​
Molle Panel​
Marine Grade Vinyl Seats
Auxillery Switches​
While losing:
Fog lamps​

This is for around $2k more. I have only a slight preference for the MGV and floor, but the other items have me leaning toward BD. Who knows if I'll ever really need the bumper, bash plates, and rails, but if I don't get them, I'll wish I had.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Modular Bumper​
Upgraded Bash Plates​
Rock Rails​
Rubberized Floor​
Molle Panel​
Marine Grade Vinyl Seats​
Auxillery Switches​
While losing:
Fog lamps​

This is for around $2k more. I have only a slight preference for the MGV and floor, but the other items have me leaning toward BD. Who knows if I'll ever really need the bumper, bash plates, and rails, but if I don't get them, I'll wish I had.
You gain a steel rear bumper as well.....but also lose signature lights.

maricard

Badlands
First Name
Marc-Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Modular Bumper​
Upgraded Bash Plates​
Rock Rails​
Rubberized Floor​
Molle Panel​
Marine Grade Vinyl Seats​
Auxillery Switches​
While losing:
Fog lamps​

This is a really great deal in the US. Here in Canada the step is a lot bigger 5k-6k can$ BD is not a choice for us.

thd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1/LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I priced out the BD with Sasquatch vs a Badlands with the 4.7 rear ratio. My understanding is the only difference between the Badlands and the BD with Sasquatch are the wheels and tires. If I need 35"s I can upgrade when the 33" need to be replaced. There is also a wheel option for the BLs for beadlock capable wheels.

The price difference was less than $800 so for me the Badlands seems like a no brainer to have the on-the-fly sway bar disconnect and access to the high package.

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You gain a steel rear bumper as well.....but also lose signature lights.
Good point on the rear bumper.

I didn't include signature lights on my comparison because that is a $795 upgrade on BB. I like the signature lights better, but not $795 better. What you are really losing when going from BB to BD is the option to upgrade to signature lights.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

.... My understanding is the only difference between the Badlands and the BD with Sasquatch are the wheels and tires. ...
Squatch gets fender flairs designed for 35s. Is the lift for Badlands and BD/Squatch the same?

However, this is an interesting comparison and has me rethinking my trim choice. $2500 for beadlock capable rims and 35s seems pretty reasonable, but what you are really doing with the badlands/squatch is swapping the rims and 33s that are standard with the vehicle for the squatch wheels and 35s. As a swap, $2500 seems steep. Perhaps it would make sense to get the 33s and use them until it is time for a replacement and then upgrade to 35s if I still think I need them. Bottom line, perhaps BL non-squatch is a better starting point than BD squatch unless you think you will need 35s right at the start.

Reactions: thd

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why can I get the bag to store the doors on the four door Badlands but I can’t on the four door Black Diamond? Makes no damn sense.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone know what the vinyl will be like? Is it the same vinyl you find in an XL work truck or is it more like “leatherette” you see in other vehicles? Maybe it’s something completely different.
Not work truck vinyl.

Goetzsome

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One of the few reasons I was going for a BD was It's one of the lower end models that offers rubberized flooring with drain plugs and marine grade vinyl seats without having to upgrade to a Badlands and paying extra (I plan on a 4 door as well so factor that in as well) I was interested in the 12" screen and the 360 camera that comes with the "High Package" I'm finding it to be very upsetting that unless I go up a model in this case an OB I lose my rubberized flooring with drain plugs and marine grade vinyl seats just to get the "High Package" or I go up another model to the Badlands to get the High Package and flooring and vinyl seating.....I don't work for El Chapo so I don't have all the money in the world to be fooling with this shit. Long story short I find it to be bullshit that BD is shorted on the "High Package". Hoping they change their minds on this but I "highly" doubt it at that, was hoping I'm not the only one that feels this way btw pardon my French I just find this to be very upsetting and I'm not too happy about this.
I agree all the changes, or talks of changes, is very frustrating. In the beginning and up until recently, there were a bunch of whiny unrealistic concerns and complaints. Im sure those will continue with new people showing interest. Anyway, its getting late in this game and as much as I can actually wait til 2022, I just don't understand why I should have to for a simple build that Ford advertised. I get that covid has a play in alot of areas of vehicle production, but to all of a sudden take a major feature away from 1 model, but have it available on another? I hope its not true, but I am getting Sas, even if I have to wait longer. I have a well built wrangler and don't want to have to build this bronc piece by piece. I want to drive off the lot with a complete and capable vehicle. Just like Ford promised.

Sponsored

darrikc

Black Diamond
First Name
Darrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Every interior picture I’ve seen of the BD has blue trim on the vinyl seats and dash. I’m assuming the blue trim (stitching?) on the vinyl seat is the only color available? I’ve searched on here, but hadn’t seen it addressed.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every interior picture I’ve seen of the BD has blue trim on the vinyl seats and dash. I’m assuming the blue trim (stitching?) on the vinyl seat is the only color available? I’ve searched on here, but hadn’t seen it addressed.
Yup that’s it. We really got screwed by interior team in charge of picking colors

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yes. Only color currently available.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Don't feel too bad.

Those of us getting a Base model have 50 shades of Hertz rental car for a color pallet.
But If you’re getting Base it’s because you’re going to customize the heck out of it and probably dent the sides on rocks and give it crazy pinstripe scratches. Don’t really need the sexiest colors to do that.
Sponsored