Sponsored

So this is interesting and concerning all in one... my Bronco is sitting at railyard due to a "transmission issue".

OP
OP
WeirdGuy

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought dealers have options on yard pickup or the ability to get it delivered to the store? rail yards are not holding pens for Ford, something else is the issue.

Agreed, they aren't, however, dealers no longer have the option to pick up a vehicle(s) on their own. Even a Ford rep that I spoke to told me this, along with my dealer. I guess its due to some legality.
Sponsored

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So my Bronco was delivered to the railyard 27 miles from my dealer over a month ago. I was bumped for a 5th time yesterday on delivery date. I've been getting more upset with this whole ordeal as days pass but, yesterdays bump sent me over-the-edge. I called the dealer and had a "come to Jesus" chat with the sales manager. They were finally able to get ahold of the railhead this morning, and apparently the reason for it sitting so long at the railyard is due to a "transmission issue". They said that Ford actually knows about the issue. The sales manager said that Ford has requested a wrecker to pick it up from the railyard today and deliver it to the dealer.

There are some things here that concern me. If there's been a "transmission issue", assuming this is why its been bumped so many times for delivery, then why didn't Ford just have a wrecker pick it up weeks ago and let the dealer look at it? Secondly, how long was Ford going to just keep bumping delivery date and allowing the Bronco to sit in this open railyard; and why was this issue never conveyed to my dealer? It took multiple calls to the railhead to get this info (supposedly). Third, since Ford hadn't gotten a wrecker to take the vehicle to my dealer for them to look at it in weeks, what were their plans; were they just going to just keep letting it sit? Were they going to send someone out to the yard to have them look at it? Were they going to eventually take it to some other dealer to have it looked at? Were they going to secretly send it back to Ford? Its all so damn confusing and really starts to piss me off the more I think about it.

The sales manager suspects though, that its a good chance that the crew at the railyard doesn't know how to drive a manual transmission and thus, they've just said "f*ck it" and let it sit.

This also starts to make me think of other scenarios. Is it really a trans issue, other than them not knowing how to drive a manual? Is it wrecked/damaged and they're trying to hide something? Just lots of questions at this point. I blame none of this on the dealer. This is Ford and the railyards issue, IMO.

So now I'm waiting for the vehicle to be delivered to the dealer (dealer said that Ford said it would be today but, I will believe that when I get the call). They said once they receive it, they'll look it over and see if anything is wrong with the trans and the vehicle in general. And that's where this ends for now.

Anyone else had anything even close to this happen?

Another note: If it was actually a trans issue, wouldn't this probably had been something Ford would have noticed during the mileage testing they do at the factory, loading it onto the railcar and unloading it at the railyard? And if there was an issue, I would hope they would have fixed it before just sending it out.
I ordered a Manuel Tranny Ranger in 2010. It showed up at the railyard In Kirby TX with the clutch frozen. The dealer I bought it from had another dealer in San Antonio replace the clutch. (I didn't ask how they got it off the railcar and around the yard with a frozen clutch.)
This created a large cluster fornication for me to get my truck. I can't remember how many miles were on it when I got it, but it wasn't many.
Last time I replaced a clutch, I remember there was this gooey coating on the clutch disc, and I'm a-thinkin that if the truck doesn't have more than a few miles on it, and then sits for 3 three weeks, like on a rail car, that coating can actually stick the clutch disc to the pressure plate, and the slave cylinder won't be able to bust it loose. At least that's the theory I'm going with on my Ranger. It now has 70K miles on it with no clutch problems.
My Manuel Tranny Bronco showed up with 5.8 miles on it, and the clutch is great.
Not too sure about that gear noise on cold mornings tho...I'm about to put some Mobile 1 Synthetic ATF in there, which cured the cold morning gear noise on my Ranger.
Your mileage will probably vary...

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just an FYI the issues may have occurred in shipment. People are weird and if they'll shoot at 737 fuselages on rail cars they may try and steal parts or fuck with cars on rail cars.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd go with the simple scenario. They can't find someone to drive the manual.

The Ford updates mean nothing. I assume you were talking to the dealer the minute you knew it was in the rail yard?
I'm betting on a lack of people who know how to drive stick.

"It won't start. It keeps telling me to put something called a clutch in it."

Hopefully, any human errors common among manual transmission orders will be rectified by a cerebrosphincterectomy en masse in the near future.

Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Ford is aware of the manual transmission noise all of us are having when the temperature drops. There is a TSB for the issue now and the dealer is replacing synchronizer parts inside the gear case. I'm not sure if FORD has put a hold on all these vehicles and wont deliver them to the customer until the TSB parts are replaced. Just my 2 cents.
Good thinking but a "yard hold" would not be issued for a vehicle with a TSB notice. Yard holds get very expensive very quickly, and are resolved as quickly as possible and would include many MT vehicles, not just one

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure how it works on a manual but all cars are shipped in transport mode. Limits them to like 5mph. I assume to avoid idiots from ruining them. It could be related to that not working properly

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A Mach E finally delivered to dealer today after being bumped a couple months. My guess it was out of charge but won’t matter cause I got a new vehicle last week since dealer was gonna add 5k ADM so I said no thanks and saved almost 15k going with the other new car I bought.

OP
OP
WeirdGuy

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Bronco is at the dealer now and I'm awaiting their assessment of what the issue is, if any actual issue exists.

Edit: Dealer just called. No issues at all. It was literally someone didn't k ow how to drive the damn thing so they basically said screw it, and put it on the back burner. 😑

Last edited:

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco is at the dealer now and I'm awaiting their assessment of what the issue is, if any actual issue exists.

Edit: Dealer just called. No issues at all. It was literally someone didn't k ow how to drive the damn thing so they basically said screw it, and put it on the back burner. 😑
Well…that’s good news anyhow

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

😂