Sponsored

So this is why the current market is stupid.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Think I’ll throw my base BD on marketplace for $85K and see if there are any takers.
Sponsored

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry but even paying MSRP is ridiculous. It’s just a truck for God sakes.

But I’m a free market believer and am not surprised with $30-50k over MSRP.

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I should take delivery of my BD next week. Not going to lie, if someone offers me $30K over what I paid, I'm going to be tempted.
I thought about selling mine but I realized people are going nuts over market markups in a good and bad way. If my $56k msrp bronco then taxes $6k (California) and I sell for let’s say $76k then that’s taxed so I take home $6-7k for the head ach? I would rather sell cost $56k+$6k tax=$62k and have someone give me the 10-15k cash and they save on taxes as well. Win win. Wondering if anyone would be interested? Wife is mad since I won’t sell the Harley or chevelles. Daily stays and a 05 Denali might be selling soon. I need more driveway space lol

Kcmiller

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I thought about selling mine but I realized people are going nuts over market markups in a good and bad way. If my $56k msrp bronco then taxes $6k (California) and I sell for let’s say $76k then that’s taxed so I take home $6-7k for the head ach? I would rather sell cost $56k+$6k tax=$62k and have someone give me the 10-15k cash and they save on taxes as well. Win win. Wondering if anyone would be interested? Wife is mad since I won’t sell the Harley or chevelles. Daily stays and a 05 Denali might be selling soon. I need more driveway space lol
People are getting around taxes by leasing since taxes are paid monthly. New buyer pays off lease without early termination. Both parties win.

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People are getting around taxes by leasing since taxes are paid monthly. New buyer pays off lease without early termination. Both parties win.
I was told that I could not lease my Bronco build from my Dealer. I will ask the GM but that’s what I was told. But if they do allow me to lease the vehicle game will be add the markup on top of it? I have an email with the general manager stating he will not charge my vehicle but I wonder if it’s different with the lease

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

but GOD DAMN there is too much stupid fucking money flying around when people can throw 30 fucking grand out the god damn window rather than wait one year. Who the fuck are these people with all this god damn money? Like I'm earning 6 figures and I'm buying a basesquatch, and I see people making less than me driving GLSs and shit, and you just KNOW they are leased and skipping meals to make the payments.

The entire system this economy is built on is ready to tumble at any moment 2008 style or 1929 style. There's just too much blind consumption.
I agree with what you said, too much money in dumb peoples hands. I was raised up to respect money no matter how much you have but that must have not been on other parents minds. Even if Bill Gates wanted a Bronco right now and paid $30k over, I wouldn't agree with it. By all means if earned it do with it what you please, but that doesn't mean it healthy at all and I am going to think your wasteful, lol. Just my humble opinion, don't mean anything by it.

Kcmiller

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was told that I could not lease my Bronco build from my Dealer. I will ask the GM but that’s what I was told. But if they do allow me to lease the vehicle game will be add the markup on top of it? I have an email with the general manager stating he will not charge my vehicle but I wonder if it’s different with the lease
I leased mine with no adm

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And another one, and the mic top doesn't even match. Some dealer in Chattanooga selling peoples orders, " it was here yesterday, I don't know what happened to it"
I can't imagine being so desperate for a mass produced vehicle to pay a 30 grand premium knowing, that as soon as production kicks in its a 40 grand loss. Must be nice to have money to burn to be the first on your block.
20211015_135804.jpg
Amen.
People are just stupid these days. I MIGHT pay over MSRP for a Mustang Shelby GT500 if I wanted it bad enough but for a Bronco- no way.
Some of the "Youtube Wonders" pay over MSRP so they can put them on their channel and draw in views with the hope they will make enough money to pay for the stupid price that they paid. The problem for me is 95% of the Bronco content is worthless. There must be hundreds of walk around videos and the few fabrication videos are pathetic. Some guy using a $100 HF welder making a bumper and welding the tow hooks on with that welder and is going to use a tow bar

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why would you pay taxes on the profit you make ? Is that a California thing ?

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at it this way. In a few years those who bought these Broncos at exaggerated prices will be doing two things for sure. Lying about what they paid for their Bronco, and driving around feeling like a “ smacked ass” when Broncos are on lots at under MSRP. As pointed out in earlier comments, the low life dealers who snatch customer orders for ADM lot sales are the issue.

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was able to do a lease on our Black Diamond, with Galpin. You going through Galpin also?
Sponsored