Sponsored

So this weight limit thing. Will badlands simply not be able to overland?

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@beachman101 I'm just going by what Ford has published. There may be threads stating it is something else, and they may be correct. I'm just using the information (the specs) as published by Ford. I figure they're a reputable source.
Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No one that purchases a Badlands will legally be able to drive it away from the dealership. Sorry.
That’s funny right there! The gas mileage will be incredible!

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This type of crap is getting g real old on this forum. I can't wait until the Bronco starts getting into owners hands that really want them. People who post this crap should just go buy something else that they can get right now.
Yep. I think build order should be based on how stupid your posts are.

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford made a (seemingly appropriate) decision to slot the Bronco as a "Class 1" vehicle. Class 1 is allowed a maximum GVWR of 6000lb. Class 2 vehicle GVWR goes from 6001 to 10000 lbs (2a is 6001 to 8500 and 2b is 8501 to 10000).

As comparisons:
Ranger pickups are Class 1, F-150 pickups are Class 2a, F-250 pickups are Class 2b.

Being "physically capable" of carrying the desired overlanding payload is a completely separate issue from being "officially rated" for a certain payload. Nobody can predict what some enthusiastic lawyer or insurance company might do in the case of an accident. Or, how your warranty might be affected if some component breaks.

srotier

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 2 Door; 2017 Dodge Durango GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are concerned with the insurance not covering your overlanding rig due to the the rig being over GVWR because of the added weight of people and gear, then you should be looking at a full-size rig. Camping gear can also be very lightweight (think backpacking), but if you want the convenience of a fridge and a roof top tent, then you will likely exceed the GVWR on a Bronco or a Jeep.

Sponsored

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you are concerned with the insurance not covering your overlanding rig due to the the rig being over GVWR because of the added weight of people and gear, then you should be looking at a full-size rig. Camping gear can also be very lightweight (think backpacking), but if you want the convenience of a fridge and a roof top tent, then you will likely exceed the GVWR on a Bronco or a Jeep.
Or, your family of 4 and a cooler for a day at the beech...it isn't always about overlanding and all the extra weight those builds add.

(edit: I guess in the case of this particular thread, it is but reality is depending on your build, it seems like it will not take much to exceed the ratings (if they are what we think they will be that is)).

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Stop talking about the bronco’s weight, they are sensitive and will emotionally eat.

CanadianFord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't classify myself as an overlander, but I guess I could be one. I drive to some pretty precarious locations for multi-day fly fishing, hunting and hiking outings. I travel alone and don't take a ridiculous amount of gear. But there's food, cooler, fishing gear, sleeping accommodations and sleeping gear. It adds up quick on me.
Here's my advice to you.....get a Ranger or Tacoma. In reality, the roof is no place to haul anything. It's unsafe at the best of times, and a complete pain to access. The Bronco and Wrangler are marketed as overland capible, untill the real world hits you in your driveway and you start packing.

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad for the ignore button. see ya!

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
right but the GVWR for these jeeps is almost double that of the bronco
The GVWR of the 4 Door Rubicon is 5,800 lbs, the payload max is 1,351 lbs, and the GCWR max is 8,117 lbs, all lower numbers than the Bronco 4 door