Sponsored

So... We ordering our Bronco's in a few weeks?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One of the big concerns i have is the soft top. Bestop has decades of experience in designing them for jeeps. Have come a long way from the days of the CJs. But even in the JL they still are having issues. Things like side windows blowing out. Side and back windows no longer can be rolled up, so harder to store.

From what i have seen, Ford is not using bestop. A soft top that is a poor design or hard to take on and off could be a reason why i would not proceed with my order.
I got this reply from Bestop.

I can tell you that we are involved in production of factory tops for the new Bronco. At this time, Ford owns the exclusive rights to these products and much of it is still in the works.

I did see the video you referred to, very cool!
Thank you,
Customer Service Representative
1-800-845-3567
333 Centennial Pkwy | Suite B | Louisville, CO 80027
[email protected]
Bestop.com
Service parts are non-refundable/non-returnable and carry no warranty
Bestop, Inc
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Webasto is making the soft tops. I know nothing about them, other than that they are the "worldwide market leaders in roof systems and convertible tops". I'm hopeing that experience let them desing something better than what Jeep has been fumbling around with for decades, with still not having a great product.
Bestop is making the soft tops, Webasto is making the MIC and modular hardtops. Webasto has been making roofs and T tops for decades.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would anyone want to place their order before the end of January?
As long Ford says you will get in line according to your date/time stamp why would you not wait until more of the issues are ironed out?
Ford are the ones who said order books open in December and will convert reservations into January. If they aren't ready by then, then I'll wait. And late availability items better be fixed by then! But I'm not hopeful

JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I couldn't imagine ordering a new vehicle without seeing it in person and not being able to sit in it and take it for a test drive or at the very very least know every thing about it. I can't believe they don't have any out at the dealerships to check out yet. Then again covid for sure screwed up the timeline so we're in this weird area where everything isn't as fleshed out as we would like.

I'm looking at the "show us what's in your driveway thread" and holy crap, lots of expensive rides, some have 2 or 3 of them and are buying a Bronco too. For some this will be their secondary or only ride. 40-50k on a new vehicle that you can't even look at is a massive decision to make. Yeah there's a lot of silly questions out there but I can't complain about people looking for as much info as they can so they can feel confident about their purchase.

I do admire those that are going for it though, that takes some balls haha.

Sponsored

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am ready to order my 2 door BadLands now. I will be trading it in on a Warthog as soon as they are released as long as it is available in a 2 door. The BadLands should still hold its value quite well with the Bronco backlog. I bought my Raptor without ever having driven one, it is a great truck and I plan on keeping it for long trips with the extra storage and the ride.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm ready to order as well..with 1 exception... what comes with the 2.2K upgrade to Leather? (meaning are we 100% it means power seats?)
Maybe it is just a B&P issue for your specific trim level, but my OBX build has always noted details that it is included:

Ford Bronco So... We ordering our Bronco's in a few weeks? Leather Power.JPG

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bestop is making the soft tops, Webasto is making the MIC and modular hardtops. Webasto has been making roofs and T tops for decades.
The guy who posts on here and works at Webasto says they are making both hard and soft tops...he seems to know what is going on.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The guy who posts on here and works at Webasto says they are making both hard and soft tops...he seems to know what is going on.
Bestop is making this one at least. I specifically asked about it and they sent the above reply.
Ford Bronco So... We ordering our Bronco's in a few weeks? sunride

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bestop is making this one at least. I specifically asked about it and they sent the above reply.
True; I was speaking of the stock soft top.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe it is just a B&P issue for your specific trim level, but my OBX build has always noted details that it is included:

Did you notice the roast/black leather doesn't list power on Outer Banks and the photo shows it indeed has manual seats.
Ford Bronco So... We ordering our Bronco's in a few weeks? no power

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
True; I was speaking of the stock soft top.
The one I'm referring to is what he has his hand on. The Sunrider soft top. The back section is Webasto.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The one I'm referring to is what he has his hand on. The Sunrider soft top. The back section is Webasto.
I realize that...the guy's question had been about the "soft-top"...meaning the standard soft top. I didn't know anyone would confuse that for the yet to be available Sunrider:

This one is stock and standard on the 4 door, and what everyone else was referring to on this thread....made by Webasto:

Ford Bronco So... We ordering our Bronco's in a few weeks? 1604695926761

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford says the Order books open up in December...
Personally, I think it'll be delayed. I mean, B&P is still a hot mess 2 weeks after going live. Canadian site accessories options all blank still... No "late availability" options listed...
Ford just isn't ready for this...
And not to be pessimistic, but I'm fully prepared to wait a full YEAR from now to take delivery.
No, Im already talking to my dealer now. He has my build on his computer. He just said he will call on Dec 1 to convert my reservation into an order. Another words , collect a deposit.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I couldn't imagine ordering a new vehicle without seeing it in person and not being able to sit in it and take it for a test drive or at the very very least know every thing about it. I can't believe they don't have any out at the dealerships to check out yet. Then again covid for sure screwed up the timeline so we're in this weird area where everything isn't as fleshed out as we would like.

I'm looking at the "show us what's in your driveway thread" and holy crap, lots of expensive rides, some have 2 or 3 of them and are buying a Bronco too. For some this will be their secondary or only ride. 40-50k on a new vehicle that you can't even look at is a massive decision to make. Yeah there's a lot of silly questions out there but I can't complain about people looking for as much info as they can so they can feel confident about their purchase.

I do admire those that are going for it though, that takes some balls haha.
Ford has been around for a while and I’ve been in many late model Fords and owned a recent Ranger, F150, Mustang GT and Focus RS to know pretty much what I’ll be getting. I expect the Bronco to be a great vehicle with no major issues. Helps too that I saw them in Seattle at the Filson headquarters but I wasn’t worried to begin with.
Sponsored