Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drive by air fist bump. Explosion optional.

ahobie17

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Toyota 4x4, 79 Chevrolet C10, 07 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't recall ever seeing a Jeep wave...this is early to mid 80's...we British sports cars did a wave of sorts which was more of an acknowledgement, arm up above windshield usually with a closed fist....we were kindred spirits and few in numbers

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don’t know when the Jeep crowd laid claim to the “wave”. The classic Mustang crowd has been doing it since I have been driving one, going on 33 years. Yes, I am old.
hummm. 33 years, cute.
Ford Bronco So we stealing the wave or... C439D208-8C35-4583-AAF2-6987FE671D4F

Just kidding, (a little).

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't recall ever seeing a Jeep wave...this is early to mid 80's...we British sports cars did a wave of sorts which was more of an acknowledgement, arm up above windshield usually with a closed fist....we were kindred spirits and few in numbers
Did you own a Jeep? I'm not sure it's something any non-owner would notice. It was definitely prevalent when I had one in the '90s, and that's before its audience expanded to... normal people.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been a CJ owner since 1989. CJ owners typically wave to each other, especially these days with fewer on the road. I actually wave to any older 4x4 - Bronco, Scout, FJ, etc. And typically get a wave back. It's a shared appreciation and commonality between old 4x4 owners that cuts across brand and social group.

I don't typically wave at JK/JL owners. Not to be rude, but there are a lot of them on the road, and a large cross section of the population owns them. Meaning you might have less in common with the driver. Will see what happens with the new Bronco.

BernR6

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-5, 2018 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am partial to the ? or ? only because I'm a metal head from the 80's.:LOL:
I'm a metal head from the 80s as well, so my vote would be one of these two. 3rd, I'd vote for the shocker. Haha.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Didn't the Jeep guys kinda steal the wave from the motorcycle guys in the first place? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the biker wave had been around for a LONG time.

The Motorcycle Wave Handbook

Sponsored

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been a CJ owner since 1989. CJ owners typically wave to each other, especially these days with fewer on the road. I actually wave to any older 4x4 - Bronco, Scout, FJ, etc. And typically get a wave back. It's a shared appreciation and commonality between old 4x4 owners that cuts across brand and social group.

I don't typically wave at JK/JL owners. Not to be rude, but there are a lot of them on the road, and a large cross section of the population owns them. Meaning you might have less in common with the driver. Will see what happens with the new Bronco.
Wondering if you look to see if JK / JL owners wave to you in your CJ. The unwritten rule is that the newer Jeep is supposed to initiate the wave. That's really cool that you wave to other classic 4X4s.

In my experience, getting a wave back was much easier from guys. The area I used to live in I'd guess about 75% of the Wranglers were driven by men and a large number would wave back. I'd get a small amount of the female drivers waving back, maybe 10% of all female drivers. Where I live now it's probably more like 60/40 male to female drivers and it's 50/50 if a guy will wave back and more like <5% of the women wave back.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Subaru people wave too. Weirdos
I think there's too many of them now for the wave to still be a thing
We've had a Subaru in the family for at least 3 years and I haven't noticed it

robo

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi hatch, CG 2022 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep drivers, Subie drivers, sport bike riders, Harley riders etc etc....just add Broncos to the list.
It's pretty much an "any kind of automotive/motorcycle enthusiast" signal of recognition

cursed_hemi

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Charger Daytona / 03 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a Jeep now and tbh, the wave gets old. Granted every third vehicle on the road here is a Wrangler.
Sponsored