Sponsored

So what’s actually included with Squatch on BL?

Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know this has been brought up a few times, but I wanted to make an actual thread about it. It’s my understanding that most the items included with Sasquatch already come standard on BL and you can upgrade to the 4.7 gears for free. That being said, what’s actually included with Squatch on Badlands? Is it just the wheels/tires and wider fenders? I’m planning on going aftermarket wheels/tires so I’m really debating if it’s worth spending the $ for Squatch or not.. Just trying to see if I’ll be missing out on anything suspension wise? Sorry if there’s already a main thread on this topic, if not maybe we can use this to post for any updates on the subject when the time comes?
Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Squatch also includes High Clearance Suspension. I would assume that is for the 35s. Is that included in BL?

Edited to add: High Clearance Suspension is listed as an option for BL. I presume you get that option when you add the squatch package.

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you do the math with the available specs on height, tire size and such, the Squatch adds about an additional 1 inch to the height of a non Squatch BL. How that is achieved is not clear, but it does suggest the difference is in the suspension. It sure would be nice to have all of the suspension details.

CinciGP

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`72 Jeep CJ6, `04 Jeep Rubicon, '18 Jeep JLU sport, `09 Mercedes CLK550
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Talking to the rep at Gatlinburg, the spring rates are different from the base BL, due to the heavier tires. And he was not sure if the shock are different or not.

OP
OP
Hbrichman

Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the replies. I guess the question now is what exactly does high clearance suspension mean. Does that just include a small lift over regular BL suspension? Hopefully Ford can clear this up before it’s time to order

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn’t count on the 4.7 gearing. Seems more like a build and price bug to me.
Sponsored