Bronco Dad

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2022 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
How does the saying go? "I've done nothing and I am all out of ideas".

There are solutions to your problem, but they all likely require some work and/or $$$. They may not be 'convenient'. What's it worth for you to solve the problem.
Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Leave the doors and roof off with a $100 portable CD player and a stack of CDs in the car and you'll realize losing an $8 flash drive (to that unscrupulous individual) is WAY better.

OP
OP
Gnomad

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Out of curiosity, what is the convenience of a CD player vs downloaded music to you? You obviously prefer the physical media, which is fine. Normally when I here this discussion it relates to loss in audio quality and was surprised when you mentioned convenience.

Also, came looking for the "CDs Nutz" reply that did not exist. *sigh
It's the convenience of being able to get to one CD or song collection, "album" if you will.
Depending on the mood, I might want to listen to some Meatlof, BOC, Highwaymen, B-52's, Clash (listening to the Clash in a Land Rover always seemed really the polar opposite of punk but I digress), etc. I push a button on the head unit or steering wheel, I' m there. Another push and I'm skipping through the songs until I find the one i want ATM. So now it's all on a USB. I had to rip it to put ti there, if I didn't bother to name it I don't know what song it is, what CD, and it I do I get to navigate through the folders I would create, scroll through the songs, etc.
I had a vehicle that did read M<P3's off a burned disk. Yay! Except that besides the effort of getting them onto the disk I now have a ridicous number of songs I have to scroll through and by the time I get there I could just about be done with the trip!
It's not about audio quality. Years of ear abuse have left me shall we say unable to process subtle differences in audio quality. Besides it's a metal box that whistles a bit at highway speed.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I totally get you, man. Don't listen to the nay sayers. You *can* listen to your CD's and you do not have to rip them all. I have a 6 disc changer in the "trunk" of my 'vette and a 5-way carousel in the dash of my Acura (plays DVD-A and SACD too!). Sadly carmakers these days feel that MP3's are just as good - these are also the same people that would have you believe that the $4.99 "balsamic" vinegar on the shelf at the local Megalomart is "just as good" as true aged balsamic from Modena. :rolleyes:

Anywhoo it really isn't even about any audio quality showdown since it's a truck but it's really about the convenience. While I've ripped a fair amount of my collection (mostly for benefit of the Acura where one DVD disc holds 5+ CD's worth of ripped songs) it's just too much to bother with.

AFAIK the Bronco head unit has no physical capability for auxiliary input which only leaves Bluetooth and (FM) radio. Bluetooth can be cool but *might* get complicated trying to maintain multiple pairings with both the CD player and other devices (like your phone). For that reason I would recommend getting a CD player that also has the ability to broadcast on FM radio. From other posts on audio in this forum I've come to the conclusion I'm the last person in the world that both listens to FM radio AND wants a Bronco so you really shouldn't encounter any conflicts following this path.

The CD player can output to a low-on-the-band FM radio frequency which you then tune your radio to receive and, voila!, YOUR music on YOUR Bronco's stereo. I was once headed down South for the holidays with family when days before I left my Acura needed service. My dealer was always great with loaners but this *one* time the damn XM radio on the loaner wasn't working. At the time I had a portable XM unit I used at the office which I repurposed in the loaner and used the same FM broadcast capability to have decent music on our ~2K mile round-trip journey. Now every time we rolled through any moderate sized 'burg we had to search for another station unless we wanted to be serenaded by Kenny Chesney or whomever the twang-o-the-week faux country star was at the time but no biggie - something to do!

Yeah, the best solution that fits within the very NARROWLY defined parameters within which our head units are constrained is definitely some form of streaming but for some of us this can work OK (as in, good enough). There's lots of options, this is just a sample of a unit on Amazon that plays CD's and outputs FM for a reasonable price. There's others out there. Good luck!
Portable CD Player with FM transmitter

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On the record player next to the 8 track slot.

Sponsored

ne2000

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pshhh I remember trying to take out cassette and trying to remove it without destroying the tape. Then using a yellow pencil to wind it back up 😂

Kind of fun seeing the progression of technology though.

Jott

Everglades
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I had to do something similar in my FJ for bluetooth (bringing new tech backwards to work with a CD / Aux system). Here's probably your cheapest bet, buy a CD player that works through USB, and then get a 3.5mm headphone transmitter for an FM channel (that plugs into 12v). Here, these two items should set you up for success:

CD Player (usb powered): https://a.co/d/1XisA2O
FM Transmitter for 3.5mm: https://a.co/d/5bdQ2qO

Alternatively this CD player is pretty cool (all in one and integrated into USB "readers") says it can work with Android Car Nav but I'm not sure on the compatibility: https://a.co/d/akqyoVq

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The problem is not that you want to play your vinyl ripped CDs in a modern car, the problem is you asked internet people. Obviously internet people are not going to get it.

Here are people who will help. Go to this link and they will send you a catalog. I bet you find your solution there. Just mail a check and they will send whatever it is right to your door.

https://www.sharperimage.com/catalog/catalog-request

You can also request a catalog by phone 1-877-202-9337 .

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My friends got one of those newer ipods that plays movies and shows, it seems to work with our girls

Sponsored

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's the convenience of being able to get to one CD or song collection, "album" if you will.
Depending on the mood, I might want to listen to some Meatlof, BOC, Highwaymen, B-52's, Clash (listening to the Clash in a Land Rover always seemed really the polar opposite of punk but I digress), etc. I push a button on the head unit or steering wheel, I' m there. Another push and I'm skipping through the songs until I find the one i want ATM. So now it's all on a USB. I had to rip it to put ti there, if I didn't bother to name it I don't know what song it is, what CD, and it I do I get to navigate through the folders I would create, scroll through the songs, etc.
I had a vehicle that did read M<P3's off a burned disk. Yay! Except that besides the effort of getting them onto the disk I now have a ridicous number of songs I have to scroll through and by the time I get there I could just about be done with the trip!
It's not about audio quality. Years of ear abuse have left me shall we say unable to process subtle differences in audio quality. Besides it's a metal box that whistles a bit at highway speed.
Nothing is easier than saying, "play Love Shack" after holding the activate button on the wheel. Technology has passed you by to where it's easier for you to do the harder method, and you're complaining that companies aren't manufacturing the harder method. I hope you find a solution, but I also don't understand letting technology pass you by like this.

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco So what about CD (compact discs)? How to play them in the Bronco 1674065596375

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And this is where I get told to transfer them to my phone or a USB stick or whatever. Yeah I can do that but it takes time and I'd rather just be able to chuck my CD's into the head unit or multi-changer and not have to worry about all of that.
Apparently they don't make those old school changers that you would load with a magazine and play over the radio or the AUX input either.
Don't feel like feeding apple music and Sirius, or other streaming. I have the CD's. I used them in my other vehicles.

YARN | It'll replace CDs soon. I'll have to buy the White Album again. | Men in Black (1997) | Video clips by quotes | 2e56b44c | 紗 (getyarn.io)

https://www.amazon.com/Oakcastle-CD...479&sprefix=bluetooth+cd+playe,aps,178&sr=8-5

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, you can buy this thing for a song!

Ford Bronco So what about CD (compact discs)? How to play them in the Bronco 1674065539918

SOMEBODY had to do it, lol
Sponsored