Sponsored

So what can (or can’t) be changed on a 2022 MY reorder, and what will it cost?

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have read through a couple pages of thread lists and didn’t see an answer to this. But point me there if I missed it.

I have a November 2020 reservation two door Big Bend 2021 on order. Nowhere near production at this point. We all know it will become a 2022 reorder. Maybe 2023. :D

I am headed to Moab in a couple weeks for the Roadeo. I suspect I will have a few things I would like to change on my order After seeing the Bronco in the real world, and getting to drive one.

Is the answer “pretty much everything“ can be changed on in order prior to being put into the build cycle? Two door two four-door? Trim levels? Options and colors?

from what I’ve seen, it looks like most everything can be changed, but I have not seen anything definitive. I have not asked the dealer as it is still a while before I will likely be able to re-order, I just don’t want to pester them. (He’s a friend)
Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have read through a couple pages of thread lists and didn’t see an answer to this. But point me there if I missed it.

I have a November 2020 reservation two door Big Bend 2021 on order. Nowhere near production at this point. We all know it will become a 2022 reorder. Maybe 2023. :D

I am headed to Moab in a couple weeks for the Roadeo. I suspect I will have a few things I would like to change on my order After seeing the Bronco in the real world, and getting to drive one.

Is the answer “pretty much everything“ can be changed on in order prior to being put into the build cycle? Two door two four-door? Trim levels? Options and colors?

from what I’ve seen, it looks like most everything can be changed, but I have not seen anything definitive. I have not asked the dealer as it is still a while before I will likely be able to re-order, I just don’t want to pester them. (He’s a friend)
My understanding is as long as you don't have a VIN anything can be changed.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes you can change everything about your Bronco order as long as you haven't been issued a VIN.

Now if you're talking about price protection, that's a different story.

OP
OP

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now if you're talking about price protection, that's a different story.
thx. I meant to ask about price protection as well.

Anyone know what is and is not protected? So long as I was staying within 2021 models and options available 2022 would I be covered. As opposed to anything née for 2022. Or 2023….

Broncos 4 evah

Black Diamond
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What Ford will not protect is your 2021 Big bend price if you upgrade to a Wildtrack.
Upgrade from 2.3l to 2.7l again they ain't gonna give you the original price.

What is not clear is lets say they raised the price of the 2.7 l motor for 2022.
If my 21 order was for a 2.3l and I change to 2.7l would they price protect me and give me the 2021 price on the 2.7l motor.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What Ford will not protect is your 2021 Big bend price if you upgrade to a Wildtrack.

What is not clear is lets say they raised the price of the 2.7 l motor for 2022.
If my 21 order was for a 2.3l and I change to 2.7l would they price protect me and give me the 2021 price on the 2.7l motor.
Are you sure about that? All I heard was that if you opt for one of the new features, you get the 2022 price (frankly because there was no 2021 price since it wasn't available)

As long as you stick with things that were available in 2021 you're supposed to get 2021 prices.

Now of course this all goes without saying, that you had converted to an order prior to 3/19

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you sure about that? All I heard was that if you opt for one of the new features, you get the 2022 price (frankly because there was no 2021 price since it wasn't available)

As long as you stick with things that were available in 2021 you're supposed to get 2021 prices.

Now of course this all goes without saying, that you had converted to an order prior to 3/19
No, converted to an order OR had a reservation before 3/20/2021.

Please let your misinformation die with this post.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While Ford may be able to protect the MSRP, can they actually force dealers to not change their tune and start adding ADMs anyway?

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The big question in my mind is whether price protection is going to apply to standard items that become "optional" in MY22. The modular bumper on the Badlands for example.

Reactions: abe

Sponsored

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is incorrect based on a post from @Zach@Granger.

What about price protection? - If you have an order now your order will be price protected for 2022 as well. The key is your name and address need to match what is on your Ford account. If you switch trims, your price protection will still be okay. If Ford releases a new Edition (i.e. Raptor, Heritage, Etc.) you will pay whatever the new price is, there is no price protection on a new model, because it wasn't there for 2021. If you switch from a base to a big bend over the model year change, your pricing will be fine.

If the name and address match the '21 order, price protection exists even if you switch trim levels or change options. Price protection does not exist for new editions (Heritage, Everglades, whatever).

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Of course if you upgrade you'll pay the difference or we would all be changing orders to Big Bends before the 2022 orders roll out...lol.

prices are set at 2021 levels for people who have ordered before March as well. If you want a V6 in 2022 then you get it at 2021 price. Dealers here have mentioned this several times.

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is incorrect based on a post from @Zach@Granger.

If the name and address match the '21 order, price protection exists even if you switch trim levels or change options. Price protection does not exist for new editions (Heritage, Everglades, whatever).
I appreciate when someone adds a real reference to their answers instead of stating what they think the answer is based on their understanding or misunderstanding. Thank you.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I trust that Zach's info reflected his best understanding at the time he made his post last month (and I happen to suspect he's correct on all counts), but we won't know for certain about the details of price protection until Ford itself tells us.

While Ford may be able to protect the MSRP, can they actually force dealers to not change their tune and start adding ADMs anyway?
I assume dealers can still screw reservation holders with new terms, if they so choose. Whether they do might come down to how much Ford wants to punish those dealers. I don't think the Blue Oval wants to see us get mistreated but from what I've seen on here they haven't done much to remedy dealer shenanigans in MY21. If they don't police this model year changeover more closely, I worry about the results.

OP
OP

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I trust that Zach's info reflected his best understanding at the time he made his post last month (and I happen to suspect he's correct on all counts), but we won't know for certain about the details of price protection until Ford itself tells us.

I assume dealers can still screw reservation holders with new terms, if they so choose. Whether they do might come down to how much Ford wants to punish those dealers. I don't think the Blue Oval wants to see us get mistreated but from what I've seen on here they haven't done much to remedy dealer shenanigans in MY21. If they don't police this model year changeover more closely, I worry about the results.
Please, no ADM in this thread. I don't like it either, but there are plenty of other threads to express frustration over dealer antics.

I had a call yesterday with the sales manager at the dealership, who said he is tracking 40+ Bronco orders. It's a small town dealership without a huge staff, so it's quite the chore. He said to date, he has received no specific documentation on what Ford's price protection email encompasses. He expects something when it gets closer to re-order time.

Everyone has an opinion and expectation. I guess once Ford releases documentation that aligns with what's in the order system, we'll all know for certain.
Sponsored