Sponsored

So, what does "Several roof options" really mean?

Adrenalista

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I guess what the 20+ comments that came before come down to is...... what is the point of the below patent, if it is “patently” illegal?

1593991564463.jpeg
I’m probably way too pessimistic. But a patent is to protect your idea from other people profiting off of it. So if Ford wanted to avoid ANY issues with the cage being removed... well a patent could lock down after market manufacturers too. It’s not necessarily an indication that Ford intends to build this... just protect it.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m probably way too pessimistic. But a patent is to protect your idea from other people profiting off of it. So if Ford wanted to avoid ANY issues with the cage being removed... well a patent could lock down after market manufacturers too. It’s not necessarily an indication that Ford intends to build this... just protect it.
Knowing nothing about these types of things: Could this also be a patent on a manufacturing technique?

Adrenalista

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Knowing nothing about these types of things: Could this also be a patent on a manufacturing technique?
Depends on what the patent was filed under. Design or Utility. But absolutely yes, it can protect a process. And also iterative designs beyond what went into production. I like your perspective on the patent intent... far more positive for a potential cageless scenario.
Sponsored