First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It by far is not the most capable factory vehicle offroad by a long shot. But the it factor for me is the fact that I had a 68 bronco with a three on the tree and 302 and it was awesome and I love the throwback design
Sponsored

Alcotune

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™ve always wanted a convertible but a 2 door car just wouldnā€™t work for my family. I need a vehicle that can comfortably drive on dirt roads to get to our cabin and I can use year round including 4-5 months of snow. I liked the idea of a Jeep but would never buy one.
Along came Ford with a 4 door Bronco and here I am.

CO.Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It by far is not the most capable factory vehicle offroad by a long shot. But the it factor for me is the fact that I had a 68 bronco with a three on the tree and 302 and it was awesome and I love the throwback design
Same here, had ā€˜69 I bought for $500 and when it fell apart I bought a ā€˜76 and both were so much fun. Sold the ā€˜76 when we had kids, bad decision in hindsight. Having one again but this time with all the creature comforts was ā€œitā€ for me!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you putting on the list above the Bronco? As built by factory.

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any rubicon by jeep. Ive owned both trust me you don't want to take a Bronco where my jeep goes

Sponsored

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A bronco is faster on whoops that is the only thing it can beat a jsolid axle vehicle at and that is subject to driver if the solid axle driver is willing to take a beating the bronco may not beat him at that

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh and if you try to go where my rubicon does the Bronco will beat it to the parts store also

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is it for me ? It's a Bronco...... D'uuuuuuh.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I traded in my 340i (with sport package) for my Bronco. love riding high,

I'm not sure, but I think that's illegal in most states. Do you live in California ? ;)

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not a Jeep, that was enough for me! lol

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish I knew what exactly it is. I can say the following:
  • Love people asking me about it
  • Enjoy the choices of topless, doorless, and normal.
  • It drives very well. Just drove 20+ hours in a week.
  • Can just drive, or hit a dirt road any time I want.
  • Handles and steers WAY better than our JK and JL.
  • Better gas mileage than my F150.

Taylan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok for me it was growing up during the 70's, riding the back roads/trails in my friend 1972 Bronco and always wanting one. Not the full size or the Bronco II. The 2021 Bronco came out and it was instance love, it became part of my bucket list, and I got it. I love driving it on road and off road. I work a stressful job and at the end of the day I enjoy the ride home, all that stress seems to go away until the next day. In the 70's I had a 1970 Z28 Camero and I would have traded it for my friends 72 Bronco in a heartbeat. That's what it is for me.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Compare to my 2018 Audi S4 and my 2D WildTrak, The Bronco is definitely cooler and muscular. It just have that presence of bulkiness on the road. Its a fun toy to drive around town.

Its quick too. 0-60 in 5.7 seconds stock. The Audi S4 it only 1.3 seconds quicker.
Really sporty for a truck sized brick...

MPG + small fuel tank is the only downside for me.
18.4 MPG, a full tank of gas gets me exactly 300 miles of range is definitely not good.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got to drive the wife's today and it's just fun. I'm not sure what it is, but I enjoy driving it. My BMW is way faster, way more comfortable, way fancier and better tech and while I wouldn't permanently trade her, I've already made a deal to drive it the rest of the week so there is something, I just can't put my finger on it.

The bad-
Divey on brakes
Horrendous MPG, I know it's an apples to nipples comparison, but I can go 100mph in the BMW and get 40mpg. I have much more power but the i6 just kills the ecoboost for economy. Granted, my tires are 15" smaller (that's insane to think) and the BMW is probably 1000lb lighter and not a literal brick and while I have AWD, I know the powertrain on the bronco is more parasitic too.
Stereo definitely needs upgrade

The good-
Just makes you smile
Pretty peppy for what it is
Instant boost from the little bitty turbskis
Can see everything in front of you sitting up so high
Great turning radius

I don't generally like "trucks" as they are just too big to me but this little joker is the perfect size, easy to maneuver and yet has the truck presence.

I also like that it just screams for modifications. It makes you want to get in there and tinker with it, that's pretty sweet, though I'm sure my budget won't appreciate it.

We ordered initially because we thought it looked awesome and my wife really liked the offroad portion of the BMW driving school we attended and we live pretty close to some good off-road trails that our previous cars didn't enjoy being taken down. After waiting for a year and a half I was half expecting to be a little indifferent but didn't care if she was happy. She's happy and I am too, it's a pretty sweet ride and totally worth the hype and the wait.

So, after the rambling 1 question and one point:

1) What is "it" for you?

And the point: Keep up the faith, you'll like it, no, probably love it, and if you don't you're in a decent spot for a while to not lose your ass on it if you don't!

PS- Got her muddy today at work, gonna have to wash it before I bring her home.
For someone also in Georgia; Atlanta actually and have owned 7 BMWs over the past 18 years, think we have similar interests in vehicles, so Iā€™ll chime in here.

Iā€™m a wheeler as a hobby and do so while camping, hiking, hunting. Still own an old Landy Disco for that, but itā€™s now over 20 yrs old and Iā€™ve grown tired of the 3, 4, 5 Series, and X5 BMW round and round. Donā€™t get me wrong, I love them all, but want to drive an adventure vehicle full time.

The ā€œitā€ is that itā€™s an off-rorder. I didnā€™t bring my luxury car expectations with me, nor environmental. A Bronco is shaped like a brick, so not much in terms of aerodynamics, so yes, the MPG sucks as should be expected. Itā€™s not a soft ride, itā€™s loud, brakes suck compared to what Iā€™ve owned, but I really donā€™t care about any of that shit, I just want DIRT!

So, everything in life is a compromise, but where the Bronco forces me to compromise, Iā€™m good with, but where itā€™s good, itā€™s glorious and thatā€™s what I was after.
Sponsored

Last edited: