First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh and if you try to go where my rubicon does the Bronco will beat it to the parts store also
Any rubicon by jeep. Ive owned both trust me you don't want to take a Bronco where my jeep goes
I do miss my black LJ Rubicon but the Bronco can be built to suit.
Sponsored

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haven't experienced mine yet due to the fact I am still awaiting shipment after being built 75 days ago. Supposedly my Bronco was damaged that is causing the delayed shipment.

Anhywhooooo.......the "it" for me without having mine yet is the modern take on the two early Broncos I have had.......a beat-up POS '77 and then my baby '71 that I wish I would have never sold. I see tons of people commenting about gripes and such about things with such a modern vehicle and all I can think is "FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS" bullshit. I LOVED my '71 that had manual steering, 3-on-the-tree manual shifting, no (barely) fucking heat/defrost, ZERO air conditioning, dual fuel tanks with that little switch under the driver's front seat, manual transfer case and front hubs, yada, yada, yada........

All I can say is, yes, there may be other vehicles on the market that are better......better quality, better 4x4, more power, more luxurious, more features, etc.......but for me it is the nostalgia and Bronco legacy that I am so fond of that will allow me to look past all the bullshit complaints everyone has about the new Bronco. I am crossing my fingers a bit, however, with the hopes that I get a vehicle that is much more than a lemon..........no thanks to all the "sky is falling" posts here on B6G where one person experienced something extraordinary and everyone then things that we all will experience the same thing.

Enough of my diatribe........but even after waiting 75+ days awaiting shipment after built.....waiting 595 days since ordered....and waiting 839 days since reservation, I am still excited to get my Bronco. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For me, “it” is that they nailed the classic/vintage look of the 6gen. I am a classic car buff, but not much a fan of unrealiability and repair costs that come with old cars. They basically made me a classic bronco with modern features. When I saw the 6gen I said “that’s it”.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t know what “it” is but I like “it”.
Love driving the Bronco, the smoothest & easiest manual transmission I’ve ever driven. Hope I didn’t jinx it.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really want to take her out in a desert/sandy environment, I think that would be a blast. Problem is my wife is UV allergic and those places are generally UV death. I hope we can still give it a go some time though, The east coast has some cool places to visit, but the expansive open space in the middle of the country just draws me in.
Those areas suck for a Bronco. In July we drove form Chattanooga to Kalispell, Montana. The plains are a constant 30mph wind that you are driving into no matter what direction you are driving and like you said...shaped like a barn door. Bring it up to Windrock and other places in East TN and we'll have some fun.

Sponsored

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to own this:
Ford Bronco So what is "it" about the Bronco (for you)? f7d46dc45e756012b3d8b71e9f60c4f6-809113280

For some idiotic reason, I sold it for a BMW M3 convertible.

I waited to see what the new Defender was going to be, and, well, it was a Discovery.

Then Ford came out with the Bronco, so now I own this:
Ford Bronco So what is "it" about the Bronco (for you)? 1667433766983

I guess I have a "type."

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got to drive the wife's today and it's just fun. I'm not sure what it is, but I enjoy driving it. My BMW is way faster, way more comfortable, way fancier and better tech and while I wouldn't permanently trade her, I've already made a deal to drive it the rest of the week so there is something, I just can't put my finger on it.
My previous DD is a BMW, and as you noted, it is faster, handles better, gets way better gas mileage etc. etc. The Bronco is just fun to drive, in a different way than a Bimmer, but very intoxicating. It has nothing to do with speed or handling, it just has a fun factor that is hard to put your finger on. And I am 95% road and 5% offroad. But the joy that comes with that 5% is other-worldly. Probably the equivalent of a track-day in a BMW, but without the track fee ($$$)

I will say this, if Ford did not make a manual available in the Bronco, I would NOT be an owner today. A stick shift made me put down my $100, but it is the whole package that makes the Bronco my DD.

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The size and the look is perfect... I had an 03 Z71 Tahoe that I loved but sadly all of the new SUVs look like minivans. The 90s and early 00s SUVs actually looked rugged... the exception I would say is the Bronco and Grand Cherokee.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pretty sure the question is “what isn’t* about the Bronco for you.” Sure there are things that could be improved/better but I love mine and it’s the best vehicle I have ever owned, not even close

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Wait. :rolleyes:

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From age 6, I grew up around a Bronco so I have always had an affinity for 2 door SUVs. I owned a CJ7 from through college and later. As I got older, the FJ Cruiser was the newest modern 2 door that I've owned.

I love driving the Bronco for the form and fun. It's hard to explain but it is just me.

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any rubicon by jeep. Ive owned both trust me you don't want to take a Bronco where my jeep goes
99.9% of 4X4's spend 99.9% of their time on the road if my bronco is slightly less capable off road than a jeep my spine and fillings will thank me, comfort space and drivability sooo much better than a jeep.

ORMtnGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got to drive the wife's today and it's just fun. I'm not sure what it is, but I enjoy driving it. My BMW is way faster, way more comfortable, way fancier and better tech and while I wouldn't permanently trade her, I've already made a deal to drive it the rest of the week so there is something, I just can't put my finger on it.

The bad-
Divey on brakes
Horrendous MPG, I know it's an apples to nipples comparison, but I can go 100mph in the BMW and get 40mpg. I have much more power but the i6 just kills the ecoboost for economy. Granted, my tires are 15" smaller (that's insane to think) and the BMW is probably 1000lb lighter and not a literal brick and while I have AWD, I know the powertrain on the bronco is more parasitic too.
Stereo definitely needs upgrade

The good-
Just makes you smile
Pretty peppy for what it is
Instant boost from the little bitty turbskis
Can see everything in front of you sitting up so high
Great turning radius

I don't generally like "trucks" as they are just too big to me but this little joker is the perfect size, easy to maneuver and yet has the truck presence.

I also like that it just screams for modifications. It makes you want to get in there and tinker with it, that's pretty sweet, though I'm sure my budget won't appreciate it.

We ordered initially because we thought it looked awesome and my wife really liked the offroad portion of the BMW driving school we attended and we live pretty close to some good off-road trails that our previous cars didn't enjoy being taken down. After waiting for a year and a half I was half expecting to be a little indifferent but didn't care if she was happy. She's happy and I am too, it's a pretty sweet ride and totally worth the hype and the wait.

So, after the rambling 1 question and one point:

1) What is "it" for you?

And the point: Keep up the faith, you'll like it, no, probably love it, and if you don't you're in a decent spot for a while to not lose your ass on it if you don't!

PS- Got her muddy today at work, gonna have to wash it before I bring her home.
I saw it sitting there and bought it knowing how hard they are to get. It's the most stylish retro rog on the road. It's the supermodel of vehicles.

Broncoman23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve had mine for a few months and have about 2500 miles on it. I just go look at it in the garage and then I seem to want to go for a drive.

My wife put it best the one time she’s driven it so far; “This puts the fun in driving again!”
Sponsored