John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm big into Off-Roading, Both in the sense of NF Fire Roads, and Rock Crawling. I'm also very much into modifying vehicles to do both of those things better. I bought the Bronco primarily to learn a new platform, It's the closest thing to a Wrangler (Removable top and Manual Transmission are musts for me) that's been available in the US since 1980, when the last IH Scout II rolled off the line, and my Scout's are to dated to be worth the effort required to keep them road worthy anymore.

'IT' is a total package, There isn't really just one thing that makes it so appealing to me.

As to @Billnchristy, the Bronco can't be compared to a BMW for 'how' it gives you joy. A 10hp go-kart can't compete with the Bronco or The BMW in anyway... But it still puts a smile on my face every time I drive one :)... Enjoy both your wife's Bronco and Your BMW for what they are... Fun to drive in totally different ways!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Billnchristy

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Apparently several people at my wife's work have complemented us on our taste in vehicles.
My wife said this about the BMW yesterday: "Your car is bad, I'm speeding before I even try to speed up" :LOL:

I've got the Bronco until Friday. I've certainly enjoyed the drives. It handles pretty well too, there is a road I can take on the way to work that has a 90 degree kink pretty tight and it gets through it well. I've also had it to 86, didn't mean to but it didn't feel any worse than at 70 so that's nice to know. I think it could benefit from bigger brakes. I've always had trouble with Ford brake discs warping, we'll see if this one does.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wasn't sure what to expect when I test drove the G6 having owned my '77 since '89. What I found was a homage to the original truck brought to life, upgraded to modern spec's, without losing the FEEL of my '77. Windshield is similar, the way I have to lean forward to see stop lights, similar, hood shape out the front, general upgraded shape, short wheel base feel... It just absolutely puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel. I tell folks I didn't put a great paint job on my '77 so that I wouldn't worry about 4 wheeling it, but I only managed to mildly do so. My 2022, 2dr has now been on more serious trails and therefore I doubt I will ever seriously trail my '77. (See my thumb nail pic).

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For me it was just that it was time to go play in the dirt. Jeeps have never appealed to me, I love toyotas but their engines suck, and Ford came out at exactly the right time for this. it got a few nods to the original and previous generation yet still is an entirely new vehicle by it's own rights.

Funny enough @Billnchristy I sold a lightly modified F30 335i Msport 6MT to fund the bronco. An absolute unicorn of a car that I do still miss from time to time, but playing in the dirt and doing something different for a change was just too appealing to pass up.

Maybe the next thing I get a wild hair for is a 70's British roadster so i can really know what automotive pain is.

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For me, it's the ride (IFS & steering) vs. the many Wranglers I've owned. The Tech is great, again compared to Wranglers (and to be fair older models). I love the stance, the attention it gets, and color combo of the Eruption Green w/ Roast Leather interior. The OBX tires & wheels needed an upgrade which I've done. And for gas mileage, I'm getting 20mpg on Sasquatch (Wildtrak take-off) wheels & tires. Our Wranglers never did better than 16mpg or so with a tailwind.

Yah, the stereo does sound like garbage and Jeep/Wranglers Hard & Soft Tops are still of higher quality.

Ford Bronco So what is "it" about the Bronco (for you)? PXL_20221001_002148945~2

Sponsored

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I always wanted a Jeep but I didn't want it made by Chrysler. I like mine because it is black. I only drive it 2-3 days a week because the mileage isn't ideal.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd say the styling and the overall presence. Just looks so damn cool and with the SAS package looks like beast for a factory vehicle.

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was not fully on board until I saw the 7-Speed Manual was going to happen! 'It', for me, is working the gears every day while remembering having fun with my 1979 Custom & my 1992 XL...when I owned (2) Broncos! ;)
Ford Bronco So what is "it" about the Bronco (for you)? IMG_1762 (002)

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always wanted a first generation Bronco, but the restored ones cost an arm and a leg, and the basket cases also cost an arm and a leg. When Ford announced and then posted photos of the new Bronco I was in. The look of the first gen with modern vehicle capabilities. I am not an off road fan in the least. I have never thought of owning a Jeep. My BL will become the mainstay of my surf fishing adventures. This vehicle will live a pampered existence.

Sponsored

titleistforged

Base
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base, 2015 991.1 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is my first "truck." I LOVE it. I've always been a smaller, manual, "sporty" car enthusiast, but something about the Bronco has changed me.

If I had to choose between the Bronco and my other car, I would choose the Bronco. A shocking revelation, but it is how I feel now.

Bronco is just... so cool. So fun. It's huge, mileage is terrible, and big to move around. But, it is easy to drive, the ride height is fantastic, and I don't have to worry about anything on the road. Just drive right over it. My sporty, low to the ground Miata, I have to worry about everything. I just don't need to with the Bronco.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got to drive the wife's today and it's just fun. I'm not sure what it is, but I enjoy driving it. My BMW is way faster, way more comfortable, way fancier and better tech and while I wouldn't permanently trade her, I've already made a deal to drive it the rest of the week so there is something, I just can't put my finger on it.

The bad-
Divey on brakes
Horrendous MPG, I know it's an apples to nipples comparison, but I can go 100mph in the BMW and get 40mpg. I have much more power but the i6 just kills the ecoboost for economy. Granted, my tires are 15" smaller (that's insane to think) and the BMW is probably 1000lb lighter and not a literal brick and while I have AWD, I know the powertrain on the bronco is more parasitic too.
Stereo definitely needs upgrade

The good-
Just makes you smile
Pretty peppy for what it is
Instant boost from the little bitty turbskis
Can see everything in front of you sitting up so high
Great turning radius

I don't generally like "trucks" as they are just too big to me but this little joker is the perfect size, easy to maneuver and yet has the truck presence.

I also like that it just screams for modifications. It makes you want to get in there and tinker with it, that's pretty sweet, though I'm sure my budget won't appreciate it.

We ordered initially because we thought it looked awesome and my wife really liked the offroad portion of the BMW driving school we attended and we live pretty close to some good off-road trails that our previous cars didn't enjoy being taken down. After waiting for a year and a half I was half expecting to be a little indifferent but didn't care if she was happy. She's happy and I am too, it's a pretty sweet ride and totally worth the hype and the wait.

So, after the rambling 1 question and one point:

1) What is "it" for you?

And the point: Keep up the faith, you'll like it, no, probably love it, and if you don't you're in a decent spot for a while to not lose your ass on it if you don't!

PS- Got her muddy today at work, gonna have to wash it before I bring her home.
It is the most unique American made vehicle in my opinion on the market. I have the WildTrak MIC with Modular Bumper loaded with Rock Slide Engineering auto step runners with wheel well lights and stock side graphics. I waited 2 and 1/2 years for it and it performs as advertised. The versatiity is unmatched. You can have a fast car in your garage but why not both?

utbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When our baby now toddler needs a nap, it's my vehicle of choice. He sleeps for part of it and I get to go for a ride, sometimes offroad and he loves it.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t had a 4x4 in like 20 years. Have always had Japanese cars with manual transmissions… Integra, Sentra, Nissan Z, Subaru STi. Had a 22 RE Toyota pickup years ago and a 91 Explorer beater and Always liked early Broncos and when Ford announced the Bronco was coming back with removable top and doors, 2 door, manual transmission I was 100% getting one.

it’s certainly slow but with the 2.3, Manual, 4.7 gears with the FP tune, it’s still fun and pretty soon there won’t be vehicles like this available. My off-roading is just beach use while surf casting. Maybe some trails eventually.

thecaptain

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because this vehicle will be my daily driver as well as what I take off-roading and camping on the occasional weekend, I wanted something that was capable off-road but still comfortable on pavement. I didn't want a Jeep -- too many concerns about reliability and build quality. 4Runner was a consideration, but the platform and technology are dated. I was impressed with the Bronco I drove during the Off Roadeo -- the off-road driving experience was certainly a thumbs up. And I think I'll enjoy it on the highways and surface streets as well. Now I just need Ford to build it . . .
Sponsored