First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife's 435i is a fun car to drive on the road. Completely useless when the pavement ends though. It's a convertible with the hard top, which is a marvel of engineering to watch it open and close.
My 650i was useless, at all times. Fire it up and hear the exhaust and stroke the long pedal with the top down. Yep, thatā€™s what it was best at. I still think of that car, but the Bronco has more smiles in it than the BMW.
Sponsored

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love a weak steering system and poor quality control. Jkā€¦.sort of

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But seriously, I look fwd to the twin turbo, smooth ride from IFS and ability to remove top and doors with factory 35s.

Bronco71

Badlands
First Name
Scottie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1979 F250 Ranger Lariat, 1980 CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve owned a 71 for many years, I love it. When it was released that they were coming back out I had to have one. My 21 is a lot more comfortable and driver friendly than the old girl. I got the 4 door because I always wanted a little more room. The extra room makes it more friendly on road trips. So basically it feels like my old bronco, but with all the creature comforts of a new vehicle. Plus when I hand over the keys to the 71 to my daughter IT will make that much easier.

Sponsored

SevoSandman

Raptor
First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, Porsche Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The look, the history, the community and the capability. Bottom lineā€¦just bad a$$!!! šŸ™ŒšŸ½šŸ˜¬

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive wanted a capable daily driver for a while, to take the family on small adventures, and hitting some trails in my own rig when visiting family in Moab. When Ford announced the Bronco, I fell head over heels with, everything. It gives me that drive for adventure, an urge to get out of the city.
It's hard to pinpoint exactly what is it for me. I love everything about my Badlands. The seats, the visibility, THAT 7 SPEED MANUAL. Folding that top back. It's just a fun ride through and through, and an absolute blast to drive.

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone else been ignored completely by jeep owners,I drive down the road and they pretend I'm not there it's actually quite amusing šŸ˜œ
only when Iā€™m driving the bronco otherwise when Iā€™m driving yeticon they all want to be my friend lol guess I just lost a lot of friends lmao

03158F7B-3C4B-431A-9C22-088A7FCCF04F.jpeg

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I really want to take her out in a desert/sandy environment, I think that would be a blast. Problem is my wife is UV allergic and those places are generally UV death. I hope we can still give it a go some time though, The east coast has some cool places to visit, but the expansive open space in the middle of the country just draws me in.
Regarding your wife's sun issues and your interest in accessorizing, I found that the Gearshade is a great way to reduce the Sun's heat and intensity, while having the top off and getting that open-air feeling. Besttop also makes one. You can search my post on my installation.

SmartSelect_20221102-234437_Gallery.jpg

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got to drive the wife's today and it's just fun. I'm not sure what it is, but I enjoy driving it. My BMW is way faster, way more comfortable, way fancier and better tech and while I wouldn't permanently trade her, I've already made a deal to drive it the rest of the week so there is something, I just can't put my finger on it.

The bad-
Divey on brakes
Horrendous MPG, I know it's an apples to nipples comparison, but I can go 100mph in the BMW and get 40mpg. I have much more power but the i6 just kills the ecoboost for economy. Granted, my tires are 15" smaller (that's insane to think) and the BMW is probably 1000lb lighter and not a literal brick and while I have AWD, I know the powertrain on the bronco is more parasitic too.
Stereo definitely needs upgrade

The good-
Just makes you smile
Pretty peppy for what it is
Instant boost from the little bitty turbskis
Can see everything in front of you sitting up so high
Great turning radius

I don't generally like "trucks" as they are just too big to me but this little joker is the perfect size, easy to maneuver and yet has the truck presence.

I also like that it just screams for modifications. It makes you want to get in there and tinker with it, that's pretty sweet, though I'm sure my budget won't appreciate it.

We ordered initially because we thought it looked awesome and my wife really liked the offroad portion of the BMW driving school we attended and we live pretty close to some good off-road trails that our previous cars didn't enjoy being taken down. After waiting for a year and a half I was half expecting to be a little indifferent but didn't care if she was happy. She's happy and I am too, it's a pretty sweet ride and totally worth the hype and the wait.

So, after the rambling 1 question and one point:

1) What is "it" for you?

And the point: Keep up the faith, you'll like it, no, probably love it, and if you don't you're in a decent spot for a while to not lose your ass on it if you don't!

PS- Got her muddy today at work, gonna have to wash it before I bring her home.
I suggest you and your wife attend one of the Bronco Off-Roadeo. Will help you appreciate the design parameters that make the Bronco have worse MPG than a BMW, but do other things so much better. I just completed the Texas Off-Roadeo.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
The wait was stupid and probably not worth it but now that I have it Iā€™ll keep it but I chose this one 1 year ago.

Would I chose it now, 50/50!

Itā€™s less refined than my other car, but not enough to not keep it.

The good:
- manual transmission
- full size spare
- tall riding position, good visibility
- presently one of the coolest vehicles on the road!

The bad:
- took so long I watched interest rates hike as I waited which just felt like a kick to the nuts!
- small fuel tank
- rear seats donā€™t fold flush with cargo floor
- not a quiet cabin

I owned and restored a 1969 FJ40 when I was in my early 20ā€™s and loved how fun it was to own. This is just a different version of that but modern and comfortable enough to be a daily driver!

Last edited:

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really liked everything about my Bronco until the electrical gremlins started to multiply. I can't imagine taking it on a trip, certainly wouldn't dare to take it off-road risking an expensive recovery if it won't start. I envy those that got a good one.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™ve always wanted a capable off road vehicle but was stuck driving a company car for two decades until I retired. I was doing the responsible thing raising 3 kids and kept putting off having a second vehicle or other toys as other expenses and savings took priority. I got my off road fix with several of my buddies who owned Jeeps so Iā€™d go on weekend trips with them as we lived in the Sierra Nevadas with the Rubicon(and lots of other trails) within 70 miles.

I retired 4 years ago at age 53 and almost bought a Jeep but fell in love with the 6G Bronco concept and decided to wait. I love having it although I have to fight my two daughters for drive.time. My original 7/20/20 reservation is scheduled for production 11/17 so Iā€™ll soon have one I wonā€™t have to share. My adult daughter is buying the 6 month old one we currently are driving. It will spend this winter in Minnesota but next fall Iā€™ll be taking it to Florida for the winter where I plan on removing the MIC top for the MyTop power soft top.

Last edited:

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ā€˜23 Porsche 992T; ā€˜20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got to drive the wife's today and it's just fun. I'm not sure what it is, but I enjoy driving it. My BMW is way faster, way more comfortable, way fancier and better tech and while I wouldn't permanently trade her, I've already made a deal to drive it the rest of the week so there is something, I just can't put my finger on it.

The bad-
Divey on brakes
Horrendous MPG, I know it's an apples to nipples comparison, but I can go 100mph in the BMW and get 40mpg. I have much more power but the i6 just kills the ecoboost for economy. Granted, my tires are 15" smaller (that's insane to think) and the BMW is probably 1000lb lighter and not a literal brick and while I have AWD, I know the powertrain on the bronco is more parasitic too.
Stereo definitely needs upgrade

The good-
Just makes you smile
Pretty peppy for what it is
Instant boost from the little bitty turbskis
Can see everything in front of you sitting up so high
Great turning radius

I don't generally like "trucks" as they are just too big to me but this little joker is the perfect size, easy to maneuver and yet has the truck presence.

I also like that it just screams for modifications. It makes you want to get in there and tinker with it, that's pretty sweet, though I'm sure my budget won't appreciate it.

We ordered initially because we thought it looked awesome and my wife really liked the offroad portion of the BMW driving school we attended and we live pretty close to some good off-road trails that our previous cars didn't enjoy being taken down. After waiting for a year and a half I was half expecting to be a little indifferent but didn't care if she was happy. She's happy and I am too, it's a pretty sweet ride and totally worth the hype and the wait.

So, after the rambling 1 question and one point:

1) What is "it" for you?

And the point: Keep up the faith, you'll like it, no, probably love it, and if you don't you're in a decent spot for a while to not lose your ass on it if you don't!

PS- Got her muddy today at work, gonna have to wash it before I bring her home.
I had a Defender and liked it. Iā€™m a Land Rover guy. But I wanted something more raw, more masculine. The 2 door Bronco is it.
Sponsored