Sponsored

So whats everyones preliminary thoughts?

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I dropped some info here and there prior. The things I was so excited for you guys to find out were....
The hydraulic swaybar
Availability of the 2.7 across the board
The amount of flex they managed out of the IFS
The sasquatch package in general being widely available
The white top
Modularity of the panels.
The huge accessories catalog out of the gate
The easter eggs all over it
The approach, breakover, departure angles
Lastly, the fact its pretty much a boat in its water resistance.

I wanted to say these things so badly but i knew it would be worth the wait, what with all the leaks we had, it left a lot to process. Theres a lot of little things that they didn't really mention but can be seen in the video.

So what I'm getting at, is was it worth the wait and us insiders being so coy about it? Do you think ford did a good job?
Personally, I'm not a first year buyer, life has hit me pretty hard and I don't know when I will be able to get behind the wheel. So, I'm really hoping you guys will tell stories and not let 6g forum's fade into nothing.
Sponsored

DigitalNimbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 Quattro
Here are the thoughts of someone who casually followed and just watched the promo today: I've been waiting for the reincarnation of the Ranger/Bronco since they killed the Ranger in 2012. I thought "something that would compete with the Tacoma/4Runner/Jeep" would be amazing. After the initial leaks/concept I wrote it off thinking it would be more in line with the Escape. I'm so glad I was wrong. Watching the reveal, I was absolutely floored with all the options available and the cool gadgets. The hydraulic disconnecting sway bar is absolutely sick. I'm also enamored with the HOSS system and can't wait to find out more about it. I definitely won't be reserving as I like to test-drive my vehicles before deciding, but I'm really looking forward to it and I haven't been as excited about a vehicle purchase since I went with my parents to get my first vehicle as a teenager (which was a Ranger btw).

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean, Ive always had a Bronco problem. The first car I bought when I was 17 was a 170 cu in EB for $600. I had 3 more over time, plus a Bronco II which was also good fun.

Everytime I see see an EB, the "Whoop, woop!" Bronco alert is chanted forcing an eye roll from my wife of 31 years...

So, yeah, I'm frickin psyched!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was never a huge fan of the Bronco. I was always more a mustang go fast car guy. The old broncos I thought were cool but they never did anything for me. Once this generation started leaking pictures and details I was hooked. I couldn't get enough of the leaks. If the financials work out Bronco will be replacing my car when the lease is up

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Big fan. Now i just have to spend the next week decyphering the trim levels and pick one.

going to get almost everything + 2.7.

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Initial thoughts:
-It looks cool
-Top options are good. I'd be in the regular hardtop camp.
-I'm glad the auto-4x4 transfer case is available, but need more info on how it works. Is this the Raptor transfer case?
-Very disappointed about the limited availability of the manual
-Disappointed the 'all out desert runner' Wildtrack doesn't have upgraded shocks or limited slip diffs
-Really want to see some weight figures

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everything is great.

except. Manual availability, and front dig on auto only.

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I dropped some info here and there prior. The things I was so excited for you guys to find out were....
The hydraulic swaybar
Availability of the 2.7 across the board
The amount of flex they managed out of the IFS
The sasquatch package in general being widely available
The white top
Modularity of the panels.
The easter eggs all over it
The approach, breakover, departure angles
Lastly, the fact its pretty much a boat in its water resistance.

I wanted to say these things so badly but i knew it would be worth the wait, what with all the leaks we had, it left a lot to process. Theres a lot of little things that they didn't really mention but can be seen in the video.

So what I'm getting at, is was it worth the wait and us insiders being so coy about it? Do you think ford did a good job?
Personally, I'm not a first year buyer, life has hit me pretty hard and I don't know when I will be able to get behind the wheel. So, I'm really hoping you guys will tell stories and not let 6g forum's fade into nothing.
All those things that were kept hush were truly worth the wait! It's an awesome engineering feat Ford pulled off.

But I really am disappointed in no hybrid available. I knew it was a long shot, but I was still holding faith. This was going to be my forever, do-all, be-all vehicle. Drive back to work on electricity, then on my camping trips harvest the power from the batteries to power my kitchen setup.

Somebody said 2022 PHEV may be available, but I'm tired of waiting. I have some decisions to make

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Specs say the Black Diamond is coming with General Grabbers? Really? Generals? Come on Ford.

OP
OP
Tslater1989

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All those things that were kept hush were truly worth the wait! It's an awesome engineering feat Ford pulled off.

But I really am disappointed in no hybrid available. I knew it was a long shot, but I was still holding faith. This was going to be my forever, do-all, be-all vehicle. Drive back to work on electricity, then on my camping trips harvest the power from the batteries to power my kitchen setup.

Somebody said 2022 PHEV may be available, but I'm tired of waiting. I have some decisions to make
Hybrid is in the works from what I've been told. 2020 as a whole, has fudged a lot of things up for everyone. But from what I was told, it was never going to be a first year option. They did plan for it though, the reserved space between the frame rails for a small battery.

Sponsored

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's OK, I was hoping for more hp and a better tow rating.
(Btw; I've been running Gen. Grabbers on my 17' Tacoma DCSB OR for a couple years now, FWIW they've been perfect, absolutely no problems with them.)

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Speaking of accessories, I've googled with no luck in any reviews. Next I went to the Ford Media website but nothing there either. Then I tried Ford Performance and Ford Accessories as well with no luck.

Do you know where and when we can see them or are they not approved for release yet?

OP
OP
Tslater1989

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everything is great.

except. Manual availability, and front dig on auto only.
More or less, thats to prevent damage from people who dont know how to use it properly, of for when the sensors say "whoa, this isnt right, something is gonna give!"

OP
OP
Tslater1989

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Speaking of accessories, I've googled with no luck in any reviews. Next I went to the Ford Media website but nothing there either. Then I tried Ford Performance and Ford Accessories as well with no luck.

Do you know where and when we can see them or are they not approved for release yet?
Give it a few days, it will all come out.

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I was a little underwhelmed with last night. Yes, they showed a lot of great things and confirmed some things, but there are still a lot of questions. I would have thought delaying the reveal would have given them more time to nail down options and their cost. We only got high level info on the top(s) and accessories.

I would have loved to have learned more about the top, especially on the 2 door. A statement on Ford's site says you can go from the hard top to the soft without any tools. Great! Show us how to take the top off. There is clearly some donut hole type thing in the back of the hard top for the 2 door. No mention of that.

I'm being picky but it would be nice to know more details on what options are and aren't available on different trim levels. The high end stereo with subwoofer. Is that only in certain packages and trim levels or can it be added to any trim level? Same with heated steering wheel.

Show us the back seats (again more info needed on the 2 door) and how they fold and the storage you get from that.

I get that leaks and rumors are not necessarily what we'll see out of a production model but there were a lot of things I read about here that I was excited to see that were never mentioned. Paint colors is one, the soft top / hard top combo over the driver and passenger is a big one for me. Roof racks was something I would have loved to learn more about. Ford talked about hundreds of accessories but only showed us a few.

I placed a reservation but I still need to be convinced. I've liked everything I've seen but there are other questions that are make or break for me. I know what my factory / dealer / aftermarket options are with a new 2 door JL. I didn't see enough to say I have zero doubt I'm going with a Bronco.
Sponsored