Sponsored

So whats everyones preliminary thoughts?

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Still waiting on some info for the tow package capability. Given what the Ranger can pull, was hooping 5500 lbs at least. Even the Colorado ZR2, which has all the off road capability that these will have, tows 5k.

I need it to tow more than the 3.5k shown last night.
Yea that's what I am disappointed about. I was expecting ranger frame, ranger towing, and it appears that is not the case. Class 2 is only good for 3500ibs. The 7 pin harness had me fooled.
Sponsored

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did they rename FighterJet Gray to Cactus Gray? Worse, no matter how many pics of Area 51 I see, and I am not colorblind, I still don't know what it looks like (not trying to be funny here) Is it gray? Is it green? What the heck is it? I've made my reservation but have no clue what color I'll order in December. GeezOhMan! Leaning towards Area 51... I dunno. (Nice problem to have!)

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did they rename FighterJet Gray to Cactus Gray? Worse, no matter how many pics of Area 51 I see, and I am not colorblind, I still don't know what it looks like (not trying to be funny here) Is it gray? Is it green? What the heck is it? I've made my reservation but have no clue what color I'll order in December. GeezOhMan! Leaning towards Area 51... I dunno. (Nice problem to have!)
Looks kind of blue to me.

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So is there really an antenna like this on every model. In some pics I don't see one. How can the Jeep not have one and this still has a ancient antennae?

Other things I want are cooled seats and a dual exhaust option.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco So whats everyones preliminary thoughts? 42C534EB-424F-4A96-9B0A-2E411909F4D6

I believe this is the Area 51 color. As that is the only color on the bronco sport site that comes anywhere close. It looks to be a blue-grey mixture. But you’re right it has looked different in every swatch we see. It’s not your eyes lol

Sponsored

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very underwhelming color options in my opinion. I think many will go after the red and orange as they are the flashiest of the colors. I don't mind the Area 51, but I'm still leaning Oxford White with the black modular top. I had my fingers crossed for a British Racing Green or Forrest, but, they didn't call and ask my opinion.

YTFORD

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST & 2020 GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oxford white with the Black modular top will be an excellent setup. Thats what im gonna get as of now.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Fighter Jet Gray is the color that is an option for the Mustang - and a few posts had photos of the Mustang showing it with black and with white stripes - which looked stunning. Then a post showed the Bronco with the Cactus Gray and it appeared to have a green cast to it - which I don't want when I am looking for a light gray paint. And as close as I look at the photos on Ford.com I just can't tell which ones are actually Cactus Gray and if they are I still can't tell what Cactus Gray really looks like.

west

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can get very expensive when you start adding on options. I will wait to take it out for a test drive and decide. No rush.

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Packages are a mishmash of Luxury, Safety and Capability which disappoints. The manual only on the 2.3 is upsetting but not a deal breaker. Still need more info on 2 door and rear seat stowing, "fold flat" is often not really flat.

I still want one and got a reservation but I really need to see the Build and Price tool before I can say it will happen.

Sponsored

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jeep364

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep WK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Initial thoughts:
-It looks cool
-Top options are good. I'd be in the regular hardtop camp.
-I'm glad the auto-4x4 transfer case is available, but need more info on how it works. Is this the Raptor transfer case?
-Very disappointed about the limited availability of the manual
-Disappointed the 'all out desert runner' Wildtrack doesn't have upgraded shocks or limited slip diffs
-Really want to see some weight figures
Also interested in details on 4 auto case.

Also does the Bronco engage IWE via vacuum like the F150? Never even heard of this (Grand cherokee owner). Seemed plagued with problems for a bit on the F150 forums.

Fuel tank capacity.

I am loving the Bronco as an alternative to purchasing a new Grand cherokee (I am not a rock crawler). Currently own an 07 with 163k. The JL hasn't been speaking to me and I personally do not find the Solid front axles any benefit to me.

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unless I am missing it, I don't see if I can get heated seats in the Black Diamond or the upgraded B&O stereo. Ideally I'd like to see what the costs are too.
Heated seats are optional, No Lux option on BD so no B&O. Only Mid & Squatch packages available,

jeep364

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep WK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I do love the factory bull bar / steel bumper option. Just need something that can take a deer strike and still make it home...Fully understand damage will always occur.

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Bronco may be too wild for this mall crawler. I like the styling over everything else, but it seems like a pricey SUV to daily drive. Personally I would need to see any car in person before buying.

The Bronco sport is like my original Escape, and is great except for the need for more space. The explorer....is “fine,” the Highlander...ok.....styling these days all look similar. I don’t want a fast back or a roofline that gets lower front to back either....give me a nice looking truck-like box. :)

Maybe I’ll go the other extreme and get a transit (kidding!)
Sponsored

Last edited: