Sponsored

So whats everyones preliminary thoughts?

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heated seats are optional, No Lux option on BD so no B&O. Only Mid & Squatch packages available,
Thanks! Sometimes options like those can be added a la-carte. It would be a shame that you have to spend a bunch of money to get the LUX pkg for a stereo. I'd probably go aftermarket at that point. Anyway, it would be nice to have the actual Build & Price available to have a definite answer if they can be added or are only available within a package. Oh, I typed heated seats but I was thinking heated steering wheel. That was the other one I was thinking about.
Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been following Bronco6g since its inception. I think I have read every post on the site up until the last 24 hours, its been hard to keep up, Its been a wild ride. The first leaked photo that showed IFS was like a gut punch after years of speculation that it was going to be SFA. I took me several months, but I warmed to the idea that I could live with IFS if done right. No manual with the 2.7 is going to be a deal breaker for me though. I think Ford could have done better. That being said they nailed everything else, interior, exterior, packages all amazing. It checks every box the average consumer could possible want, they just left out the enthusiasts. The Bronco is going to sell by the train load Jeep Should be terrified, I just with I could join the party.
Just make sure you ask yourself, as an enthusiast, like myself, why you want those options. You want the SFA so you can have 500+/600+ RTI and 37's on stock metal. Ok that's done, on Jeep or Bronco. Next. You want a manual with "the big engine" well because power? well until Jeep gives you a manual with that hemi (never gonna happen) the 2.3 is highly completive with an arguably better power delivery and no shortage of aftermarket support taking it above Jeeps current options. Or maybe its longevity? nothing really wrong with the 2.3 or 3.6 in this regard. I fail to see how the enthusiast was left behind. And if you are talking about gutting everything, putting in a V8 and 1 ton axles then you weren't buying new anyway, jeep or otherwise, right?

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Fighter Jet Gray is the color that is an option for the Mustang - and a few posts had photos of the Mustang showing it with black and with white stripes - which looked stunning. Then a post showed the Bronco with the Cactus Gray and it appeared to have a green cast to it - which I don't want when I am looking for a light gray paint. And as close as I look at the photos on Ford.com I just can't tell which ones are actually Cactus Gray and if they are I still can't tell what Cactus Gray really looks like.
Thanks, Al. You know, over lunch I looked hard at Cactus Gray and prefer that to Area 51... especially if I take it local and have them shoot the roof in white.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks! Sometimes options like those can be added a la-carte. It would be a shame that you have to spend a bunch of money to get the LUX pkg for a stereo. I'd probably go aftermarket at that point. Anyway, it would be nice to have the actual Build & Price available to have a definite answer if they can be added or are only available within a package. Oh, I typed heated seats but I was thinking heated steering wheel. That was the other one I was thinking about.
Overall, 9/10 on the Bronco from me. So much win. The features, capability, and variety of trim levels seems quite good. There seems to be a Bronco for almost everybody. I don't care about the manual (like the majority of buyers,) so no grumpiness from me there. Pricing seems fair at first glance. Obviously I was hoping for "insane value," but, well, I guess we'll see what discounts look like in a few years.

My single biggest disappointment on the reveal was how much money you need to spend to get the B&O audio. Maybe, just maybe the base audio is very good?

I'd never upgrade the base audio. I've heard way too many stories of dealerships blaming any electrical issues on aftermarket electrical devices.

The MAX towing of 3,500 lb was lower than expected. It would work for me though. I'd have no reservations about taking it near the limit, and towing 3,000-3,500 lb. It still remains to be seen what configurations will carry that max rating though. If I ever get a Bronco, it will probably be my wife's daily driver, so a "mall crawler" version with 32-33" tires would be ok.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bronco is a homerun. I doubt the towing numbers are final. Went through the same thing with the Ranger listing 3500 lbs and it ended up being available to tow up to 7500 lbs. Based off the Explorer (5600 lbs) and Ranger (7500 lbs) the towing numbers for the 4 door with towing package will go up significantly.

Sponsored

DustyD

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm giddy. I can't wait as more is revealed. I was hoping for the Aviator's 3.0 hybrid (494 hp, 600 lb-ft of torque, and zero gas for my commuting distance). I also was bummed the Sand color didn't make the cut. However, those might still be in the works...?

I won't be buying until next year (or so I say, I might not be able to wait once I see everyone else driving theirs around) so I'm sure more will be revealed.

JRB45833

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Love the styling on these - Ford did good! Also really like how they did the Sasquatch package with all the major off-road goodies available as an option on all the models, even the base. That's something that's always turned me off with "that other brand." Only shortfall would be that I think the hydro front sway bar should be part of the Sasquatch package.

'I'm also glad to see the rear window isn't a power unit that drops down into the tailgate like the old full-size Bronco's. I've done more cussing and lost more blood and skin replacing them motors and tracks over the years than I'd care to remember!

Like many others, I wish Ford would offer the manual trans with the 2.7L. Having to pay for two upgrades (engine and trans) really drives the price up fast - even on a base model. Throw in the Sasquatch package and you're looking at a base model that I'm guessing will be in the neighborhood of $40k.

I would have also like to see a soft-top option for the 2-door, but I'm sure the aftermarket will address that in short order once they are available. A removeable hard top is great, but you can't exactly take the rear portion with you to put back on in a hurry if the weather turns bad.

Aside from that I'm just impatiently waiting to see both the 2dr and 4dr in person. I much prefer the looks of the 2-door, but it looks really limited on cargo space length. My main cargo is usually a couple 55" long Pelican cases and based on the photo's I'm really questioning whether they would fit with the rear seats folded down.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, I was on the fence until the last few weeks, and I made damn sure to review the trims on the website before reserving mine.

It's definitely want I was looking for, and while it's a shame the stick's not available w/the 2.7tt, having owned an Ecoboost Stang before, I'm not disappointed either

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm more anti tech than pro tech and in the past the big screens in cars for me has been - meh - but for the first time I'm going to price the big screen. I just love this dash.
l=960%2C&quality=95&image_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.jpg

Crimpcap

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, Honda G1 Insight
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Overall I would say the reveal did not meet my expectations. Just a long commercial. I expected at the end would be some interviews and photos of actual Broncos. I know covid-19 has messed stuff up, but the Jeep Gladiator reveal was better and I watched it online as well. But at least it is a beginning!!

Sponsored

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm ecstatic. What I wanted was an open air style suv that's a bit smaller than a full size bronco, but bigger than a 2 door jeep, for mid $30k or less, and it looks like ford checked off all of my "must haves" in the base model without even checking an option box

The accessories we have seen look pretty awesome and useful, though some seem gimmicky (but that is always true with automotive accessories).

The availability of the sasquatch package and 2.7 on all trim levels is a huge win.

I greatly appreciate the emphasis on modularity, there are definitely some questions I have about specs and trims, but it looks like even buying a base trim I will be able to upgrade most things I'd want in the future.

The only real gripe I have is colors, I really was hoping for either a forest green or a tan color. Oh well, wraps are always a thing!

All that's left for me before placing an order is an accurate build and price (how many of my "want to haves" can I fit in the budget :ROFLMAO:), and seeing one in person/test drive

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm curious as to the functionality of the back seats on the 4 door. They fold flat, but I wonder do they fold up as well to create floor space? I would think they would have mentioned fold flat and fold up. But I may have missed it.

NoBigDeal

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will admit I was a little underwhelmed with the reveal(NOT THE BRONCO). I wish it would have been more like the F150. 15-20 minutes of history and interviews with enthusiasts, then 10 minutes or so of nothing but describing features and capabilities. However, I was really impressed with all the info Ford released after the reveal.

I'm completely sold on the Bronco and will be buying one. The only major gripe I have(and I could be wrong), but what it looked like to me is that Black Diamond and Badlands you only have a choice of vinyl or leather seats. Living somewhere where it's sunny and hot a lot of the time, either cloth or ventilated seats would have been nice. The only nit-picky gripe I have is where they put the monkey pisser for the rear wiper. I can see me snagging that tube often.