Sponsored

So whats everyones preliminary thoughts?

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Overall it's a home run! Style, capability, frickin 35s from factory! I love it!
The Sasquatch package is a HUGE deal! Getting lockers and 35 inch tires on a base bronco is incredible. I'm honestly shocked the bean counters over at Ford allowed this.
Getting the 2.7 on the base is also great, buy lack of manual wipes my excitement about that down to zero.
The fact that manual is even an option is great and more than I expected, just a shame that... You know, I won't beat that dead horse. I'll settle for that 4 cylinder. I've test driven the ranger and it isn't really lacking in power. It's fine.

I am still left with questions. Things not talked about and rumors not addressed.
What was all this talk about 37 on these forums?
Where is the "warthog"?
I think Ford still hasn't shown all their cards yet....
Sponsored

cal jammer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I registered just to make this comment. I've been looking forward to this for years. I've almost bought an F-150 or a ranger multiple times. I've reserved a 4dr outer banks and I really don't understand how a company is taking money with no even hint of option pricing. I'm very disappointed that Ford went the same lines as they did with the F-150 If you want these things you have to have all of these other options that you wont use. I would really like a black diamond v6 manual with the 12" screen. I get not being able to have the V6 manual but not being able to upgrade the infotainment on everything but the base is just silly. I don't want to end up spending 60k but I may have to lol.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think I was a little underwhelmed with last night. Yes, they showed a lot of great things and confirmed some things, but there are still a lot of questions. I would have thought delaying the reveal would have given them more time to nail down options and their cost. We only got high level info on the top(s) and accessories.

I would have loved to have learned more about the top, especially on the 2 door. A statement on Ford's site says you can go from the hard top to the soft without any tools. Great! Show us how to take the top off. There is clearly some donut hole type thing in the back of the hard top for the 2 door. No mention of that.

I'm being picky but it would be nice to know more details on what options are and aren't available on different trim levels. The high end stereo with subwoofer. Is that only in certain packages and trim levels or can it be added to any trim level? Same with heated steering wheel.

Show us the back seats (again more info needed on the 2 door) and how they fold and the storage you get from that.

I get that leaks and rumors are not necessarily what we'll see out of a production model but there were a lot of things I read about here that I was excited to see that were never mentioned. Paint colors is one, the soft top / hard top combo over the driver and passenger is a big one for me. Roof racks was something I would have loved to learn more about. Ford talked about hundreds of accessories but only showed us a few.

I placed a reservation but I still need to be convinced. I've liked everything I've seen but there are other questions that are make or break for me. I know what my factory / dealer / aftermarket options are with a new 2 door JL. I didn't see enough to say I have zero doubt I'm going with a Bronco.
I noticed that donut hole in colorizer, anybody know what it is? Removable "sunroof for the rear of the 2d?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The reveal was adequate (made me excited about buying one), but I would have liked more details. Overall, extremely pleased with the Bronco itself. I cheered at the white top.

This shot was amazing:
Ford Bronco So whats everyones preliminary thoughts? bounce

Last edited:

Sponsored

Shaymer

Base
First Name
Shamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Jeeps, old Subarus, old BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm a lifelong Jeep fan and I think the new Bronco is amazing and well thought out. Gotta say. It's the coolest SUV since the CJ7 went out of production.

The Sasquatch package is brilliant.

Only negative is I wish the hose out rugged interior was an option on the base model.

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what is the round oval on the roof in this pic? The pic is from the colorizer tool on the ford site. answered....
Ford Bronco So whats everyones preliminary thoughts? Capture2dr roof.JPG

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I dropped some info here and there prior. The things I was so excited for you guys to find were....
We appreciate the tid bits, and it was worth the wait. I was hoping for a longer reveal. Like with someone getting in it and pointing out features and interacting with various parts of it(like the tops). As someone who has scurried his fat ass up a rockwall or two, it thought the rockclimbing lifestyle personal bio shorts were a lil weird and would have preferred them talking about the bronco more than themselves.

Otherwise it was a decent showing but I expect more to follow in coming months, heck just get a motorweek review or drop Jeremy Clarkson off in Canyonlands with it and tell him to f*** about lol.

I am sorry to hear you are having a rough patch. I am also not a first year buyer, tourism(my industry) is screwed atm and my wife is coming out of a nearly 2 year cancer battle. Luckily her medical was paid for by Kaiser and the stimulus plans have kept us afloat decent enough. Once we are both back to work we just gotta save up about 10-15% downpayment and we will be shipping a 4 door out here.

Crossing my fingers that the 2.7 will eventually come with a stick. Also hoping i can get a 4 door squatch with the dual tops, marine vinyl, and rubber floors for not much over 40k. Never bought new and dont know if I will again but I want one of these new. Extra modes and Hoss would be great but not necessary. I just dont need the big screen, heated seats, or other flashy bits. Hoping that options may get a lil more ala carte.

Again hope things improve for you personally, things can get tough but dreams like the Bronco give us all something to hope for.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

More or less, thats to prevent damage from people who dont know how to use it properly, of for when the sensors say "whoa, this isnt right, something is gonna give!"

ALOT of people don't know how to drive a standard transmission either but they are still putting one in a Bronco. Damn bean counters thinking people are dumb. If someone is dumb enough to buy something they know absolutely nothing about and they break it good for them they will learn. Why should the experienced people, the ones who will actually want and use this, suffer the backlash. As always we are to worried about lawsuit. The answer is you broke it it is not covered under warranty. What someone wants to buy a base model to off road in and guess what, you only get 5 modes for the terrain management, what if I want to rock crawl or go in the mud. or even weirder yet base model with no vinyl inside and no floor drain don't make sense to me. Hell fleet vehicles all have vinyl and the are about as "base" as it gets. Just weird to me how Ford did this ?

That said I think this thing is kick ass and all the team did a great job in designing it and creating all the cool features it just seems odd how they optioned it. IMO. (y)(y)

Last edited:

evoaire

First Edition
First Name
Evoaire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
?✨?✨?✨FORD?????
Styling is on point. Usually only European vehicles takes this one. But Ford did a great job combining the old with the new. Now let’s see how she does in the wild.

Sponsored

futzin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Bronco may be too wild for this mall crawler. I like the styling over everything else, but it seems like a pricey SUV to daily drive. Personally I would need to see any car in person before buying.

The Bronco sport is like my original Escape, and is great except for the need for more space. The explorer....is “fine,” the Highlander...ok.....styling these days all look similar. I don’t want a fast back or a roofline that gets lower front to back either....give me a nice looking truck-like box. :)

Maybe I’ll go the other extreme and get a transit (kidding!)
Consider a Durango. We love ours. 2015 Citadel.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm pretty happy with what I've seen, and the Bronco is now at the top of my list for purchase next year.

I have a couple of gripes, but nothing that would keep me from buying.

I'll need to see driving reviews and actually sit in one myself before committing though.

You stole the words from my mouth @Paint (y) (y)

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

5k is my low end guess for Sasquatch. I bet it's closer to 7k though. You're talking suspension, 'lectronics...But also 4 nice wheels and 35" tires. It ain't gonna be cheap.

I still think it's going to be the best bang for the buck add-on though. Stripped down model, but add the hard parts for off-roading. Genius move. Jeep should have done that 10 years ago.

Once again, spot on @Paint (y)

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Bronco may be too wild for this mall crawler. I like the styling over everything else, but it seems like a pricey SUV to daily drive. Personally I would need to see any car in person before buying.

The Bronco sport is like my original Escape, and is great except for the need for more space. The explorer....is “fine,” the Highlander...ok.....styling these days all look similar. I don’t want a fast back or a roofline that gets lower front to back either....give me a nice looking truck-like box. :)

Maybe I’ll go the other extreme and get a transit (kidding!)
Transits are really amazing. Im a vanner and have always said i would stick to the classic 69 to 91 econolines. But the versatility in the transit family is insane. Kinda wish one would join the bronco family. Its not incest if its your 3rd cousin, i think.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm a lifelong Jeep fan and I think the new Bronco is amazing and well thought out. Gotta say. It's the coolest SUV since the CJ7 went out of production.

The Sasquatch package is brilliant.

Only negative is I wish the hose out rugged interior was an option on the base model.
It seem like it should be the base model, right? Unless the carpet is from the remnants store, i dont quite get that.
Sponsored