Sponsored

So what's with all the out of state license plates?

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

because it technically was?
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol itā€™s funny because every plate I see in Colorado is from Texas, California, Arizona, Wyoming, NM. I drive all day and I canā€™t drive more than 20 seconds without seeing an out of town plate.

Really the real issue here is the Californians and weed. They left their shit hole state and went to all these other states and made Colorado expensive so all the transplants are moving away to a place thatā€™s cheaper to live. I donā€™t know why Texans are moving here in droves but you all suck at driving FYI, the speed limit is not 100mph here. šŸ˜‰

Supersnay

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Durango R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else notice an extremely unusual amount of out of state tags from all over? I've lived here (Houston area)all of my life and never seen anything like it. Just curious if you've seen it and have any conspiracy theory's?
Moved to Houston in 78, tons of out of state plates there until Mid-Late 80's during the oil boom. Once the boom went bust, no more out of State Plates. Means oil is getting ready to expand again and jobs are picking back up most likely.

Sponsored

Litestorm17

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT 4WD, 06 Focus ZX5 2.5L Swap
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, just out of pure interest, why Texas? I don't get out much, so this thread really is interesting to me.
Honestly, I just wanted to go to a state where it doesn't get below zero. Coupled with the low cost of living in Texas, seemed like a no-brainer. Up until 2013, I was living an hour south of the Canadian border in Northern Minnesota. Then, I moved to Minneapolis to pursue a career, but got tired of the pretentiousness of that area. Because of COVID, the company I worked for in Minnesota is letting me keep my job and work remote in the North Dallas area. But if that changes, this area also has an incredible job market for IT, as well.

Although this year...of course Texas sees temps that are an everyday normal thing in the winter in Minnesota haha. Thankfully it was only a week long thing.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is spring break maybe people are starting to travel a little more?
I set up travel at the university I work at and the rental car companies run low or out of vehicles March and April.

OP
OP
edgeflyer

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I believe its called an invasion.
Hope not. But it's sad to not know
Honestly, I just wanted to go to a state where it doesn't get below zero. Coupled with the low cost of living in Texas, seemed like a no-brainer. Up until 2013, I was living an hour south of the Canadian border in Northern Minnesota. Then, I moved to Minneapolis to pursue a career, but got tired of the pretentiousness of that area. Because of COVID, the company I worked for in Minnesota is letting me keep my job and work remote in the North Dallas area. But if that changes, this area also has an incredible job market for IT, as well.

Although this year...of course Texas sees temps that are an everyday normal thing in the winter in Minnesota haha. Thankfully it was only a week long thing.
If it wasn't so dang humid, it would be just abiut perfect here.

OP
OP
edgeflyer

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lol itā€™s funny because every plate I see in Colorado is from Texas, California, Arizona, Wyoming, NM. I drive all day and I canā€™t drive more than 20 seconds without seeing an out of town plate.

Really the real issue here is the Californians and weed. They left their shit hole state and went to all these other states and made Colorado expensive so all the transplants are moving away to a place thatā€™s cheaper to live. I donā€™t know why Texans are moving here in droves but you all suck at driving FYI, the speed limit is not 100mph here. šŸ˜‰
Nothing more to do here but laugh.....Funny how theres always two sides to every coin. And you should work on those unreasonably low speed limits.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing more to do here but laugh.....Funny how theres always two sides to every coin. And you should work on those unreasonably low speed limits.
I agree, we have areas that are 55 on major highways. But even when itā€™s 75, the Texans still do 100. So it just seems they donā€™t follow the signs šŸ˜‚

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm visiting Texas this week. I spent time driving on the highway today and noticed that there were a lot of out of state license plates from quite a variety of states on the road.

No theory from me, just adding my observation of the phenomenon.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You're coming to a good conclusion!

Egg on my face though as I thought it meant something completely different!

@618TRVLWILD: Where the hell are we going with this?
Dude what are we talking about?! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Grew up in Texas and currently living in northern Cali. Both states have a lot to offer! I miss the manners and hospitality of the south, but I do NOT miss the humidity. It feels like being stuck in someoneā€™s mouth......that being said, Iā€™ll always have a soft spot in my heart for Texas and itā€™s people, but donā€™t worry, I donā€™t see myself moving back there šŸ˜œ

however, I wouldnā€™t mind some decent BBQ served on a piece of butcher paper with a side of sliced wonder bread and BBQ beans. Now if I could find that out here life would be complete.....
Sponsored