Sponsored

So who thinks 2 door Bronco sales will be a bigger percentage than 2 door Wrangler sales?

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That post was during a tumultuous period of my Bronco consideration stage that I had hoped was buried under the perpetual avalanche of new posts.

I would actually enjoy a two-door Bronco and an F-250 Tremor for a stable to handle muh biz-nass.
I wonder if ford is listening... The theoretical bronco pickup could be another good mate to a regular bronco! (Though if you're thinking 250 than a Bruck probably wouldn't be enough truck for you
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had a 2dr. Wrangler a few years ago, and wish I never got rid of it. I've always liked the 2dr. model better.
The 4dr. Wrangler only looks good when its lifted some with larger than stock tires ( 35" ?) IMHO.

I haven't been on this forum long, and there's a lot of good info. I hope you all are right that the 2 dr. Bronco has more cargo space in back than a 2dr. Wrangler. When I had my Wrangler, I ended up just taking the backseat out entirely.
Would be nice if it was 4" longer, like an LJ, but the extra few inches over the Jeep make for pretty decent space back there:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...s-storage-bins-dimensions-measurements.13014/

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Maybe initially but not over time.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if ford is listening... The theoretical bronco pickup could be another good mate to a regular bronco! (Though if you're thinking 250 than a Bruck probably wouldn't be enough truck for you
Got a bazillion threads on the probability of a Bronco Truck, but my truck needs start at an F150... I just love the way the Tremor package looks on the 250/350.

Drunken Wisdom (END)

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Got a bazillion threads on the probability of a Bronco Truck, but my truck needs start at an F150... I just love the way the Tremor package looks on the 250/350.
What did I miss?
People saying that Ford needs more trucks? F-series, Ranger, Maverick ain't enough? :(

Sponsored

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like the Bronco was designed to be a 2Dr and a stretched 4Dr version was created from it. So naturally the 2Dr looks right and the 4Dr looks like a more practical compromise.

Although it’s not true, I’d say the Jeep looks like it was designed as a 4Dr and then chopped down to create a 2Dr. In other words, the 4Dr Jeep looks right. The 2Dr looks like a compromise.

Even though I couldn’t actually care less about back seat space or back doors, if I was buying a Jeep, I’d probably buy a 4Dr. But I’m buying a Bronco and the 2Dr looks perfect to me.

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
  • I think Bronco should absorb the Ranger name like it was in the past.
  • I don't think the Maverick should exist in the States.
If Ford did that, and made a bronco Ranger PU, then the current ranger could be renamed the F-100.

Bonus points for sexy, retro styling

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The original Bronco was always two doors and all the ones I see driving around look really cool whether all stock, red neck or resto mod so it's an easy decision for me to go 2dr, I think they should actually call the 4 dr something else like Bronco II , XL or sedan or something, with that all said we all know the 4dr jeep is what saved the brand because it invited all kinds of new buyers to the market and I am glad it happened or we would'nt even be here now, so I think in the begining the 2 dr bonco will steal the market from jeep 2dr but we all know the competion will bring many changes for both brands and it's gonna be alot of fun to see what comes next.

P.S. I did not get an email yet but it's ok I am going with let them build a few thousand more so I don't have to hang around the dealer so much

TimmH

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been on the fence.

I have a 4dr Wrangler, which I got for the extra cargo space. But have since quit the band and stopped gigging, so I don't need to haul around a full drumset and other euipment.

Since then I have noticed I seldom put the rear seats down to haul things, I think maybe 1 time this past year.

So I may go with a 2dr and just keep the seats down permanently unless needed.

The only other thing would be I like electric seats because they tend to have more adjustments which work better for me as a 6'2 with long legs. Electric typically have a better tilting range which helps with legroom. But I'll have to see once I can see one in person.

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I may go with a 2dr and just keep the seats down permanently unless needed.

The only other thing would be I like electric seats because they tend to have more adjustments which work better for me as a 6'2 with long legs. Electric typically have a better tilting range which helps with legroom. But I'll have to see once I can see one in person.
Just so you know...... I saw a video that stated that all 2D's have Manual Seats...

It was mentioned in the video in this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/black-diamond-walkaround-video-2-door-cyber-orange.15772/

Schmack B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think both models 2 door version looks way better. I am getting a 4d bronco because I need the space. I bet the ratio of wrangler 2d v 4d and bronco 2d v 4d are about equal in a couple years when sales level out. I mean everyone really wants a 2dr, just not everyone can get it.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Take rate for Ford orders is 27% 2 doors. I'd expect that number to slow down and match wranglers take rate as enthusiasts tend to order more.

TimmH

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In such a scenario, I would think a 2 door bronco and a 4-door f150 (or ranger) would be the perfect companion vehicles.

For me, I don't do truck things, so my second vehicle is an old camaro
Exactly, F150 Platinum, Super Cab
BRONCO Badlands, 2DR, MT, CO

Covers all the daily needs
Sponsored