Sponsored

So, you’re now MY22... are you changing your build?

Are You Upgrading Now that You’re a MY22?

• Total voters

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How/when did you all find out for sure that you are MY22?

Anyways if I end up bumped I might go with the white top but otherwise stay the same: BL, Sas, Lux unless the warthog/raptor is available
You can contact Ford directly through the phone number provided in the Bronco email updates. I did this a few days ago and they use your name , address, and reservation number in order to tell you what model year your reservation has been placed. I was also told the new colors, options and editions would be made public at the end of April, or beginning of May. MY22 production begins January. Finding out I was already MY22 designated relieved me of fretting over if I should go 21. Hopefully, in 22 they will offer power seats for the two door, and a white top for the model I want. BL, two door, Cyber Orange...non Sas.
Sponsored

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can contact Ford directly through the phone number provided in the Bronco email updates. I did this a few days ago and they use your name , address, and reservation number in order to tell you what model year your reservation has been placed. I was also told the new colors, options and editions would be made public at the end of April, or beginning of May. MY22 production begins January. Finding out I was already MY22 designated relieved me of fretting over if I should go 21. Hopefully, in 22 they will offer power seats for the two door, and a white top for the model I want. BL, two door, Cyber Orange...non Sas.
Just great...”new colors, options, and editions”. I’m already going back and forth between Wildtrak and Outer Banks, color, etc. More choices will drive me crazy. If rumors are true (I don’t believe it) and larger CID engine shows up, my head will explode.

Bob

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I said mine was fine as is, but then again I haven't seen the "green" Ford will offer in '22. But, that may be a moot point as the wife told me I could get a new Bronco as long as it was red. I think any "married man" can understand the position I'm in. :)

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I anticipated a late summer, early fall delivery and was dead set on my build on January 19. Now with time means more financial flexibility.

I’ll be totally honest, $50K was my puke point. I had exactly what I wanted at around $49K, then they updated the B&P for the 2.7 + Auto (if anyone remembers that) and next thing I knew, I was over $50K.

I checked my finances and while I could do it, I still hesitated. Finally, I succumbed to the fact the MOD Top & 2.7 was really what I wanted on my Badlands. After much deliberation, I was good. Then 3/25 struck and rather than late September delivery, I’m looking at (hell if I know) 2022. So, +3 months on my budget.

Sucks, but on a positive, maybe it just means I add something that I either hadn’t considered because of the price, or add something I was planning to do later just because I liked the idea of a specific monthly payment. I’ve come up with at least 3 options:

1.) Tow Package + Bike Rack
2.) Additional Soft Top (2 Door) to pair w/Mod Top
3.) Upgrade from Mid to High

There’s no priority here, but I will admit that the High Package wasn’t on my list until I realized how expensive adding a stupid bike rack was ($1K! TF!?). Once I realized that, the High Package for $1,200 more became a LOT easier to accept.

what are your thoughts? I may not go the popular route, because I’d be most interested in people’s rationale & perspectives, but I put a poll on here... for science!
Just curious, if the dealer offered to bump you to #1 would you go back to a 21?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This poll is a month early. There are a LOT of us that don't realize we may be 22 customers. That's the milestone I'm waiting for.

Sponsored

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m most interested in seeing and riding in both 33” and 35” tires. If I prefer the 35s, all hell will break loose on my order. If they fix the Wildtrack interior, do I move here from the BL SAS? What would I need to add back to be comfortable with a WT?

I’ve mentally moved on from the 2.3L to 2.7L so there’s no going back there. There’s also no chance of me giving up on the 12” screen.

most likely outcome is either sticking with my order or changing colors.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d be curious to know how many Bronco sightings are testing ‘22 models hiding in plain sight.

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What he said. No way Ford will invest the R&D to bring the manual to the 2.7. Well, I guess I can't say no way but I just don't see it ever in the future.
The argument I read is that they didn't think people would want it; the people who'd want the manual for crawling wouldn't want the larger engine, and the people who'd want the larger engine wouldn't be off-roading and thus were more likely to want a an AT.

It's not that they couldn't, it's that they didn't think it would be popular. The only R&D they need is input from buyers.

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
MY22 production begins January.
January? Is that typical? Seems like most 22’s from other manufacturers will be on the lots by end of summer. I had heard fall, which seemed late to me. But January?

HRnFW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ /
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I said mine was fine as is, but then again I haven't seen the "green" Ford will offer in '22. But, that may be a moot point as the wife told me I could get a new Bronco as long as it was red. I think any "married man" can understand the position I'm in. :)
Have looked at lots of pictures of “dark bronze green “ on Land Rover products lately I must say that I would consider changing my AMB for this color. Interesting to see what others think of this color.

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I want the bronco, but they are making it so hard
I’m so mad at Dodge, Toyota, Nissan and Honda for not trying to beat the Bronco to market with a Wrangler competitor, or at least officially announce it by now.

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Y’all got me thinking about this. About to think if a dealer has a base model with a hard top and Sasquatch package in Area 51. I may take it.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have looked at lots of pictures of “dark bronze green “ on Land Rover products lately I must say that I would consider changing my AMB for this color. Interesting to see what others think of this color.
I hear ya bud, I do like a darker green color. Since I posted this things have changed a bit. I was perusing pictures on the forum, and while stopped on a Area 51 4 door the wife walked by. She stopped, and said that's a pretty color, let me see some more. I'm sure I don't have to explain further. :)

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am ordering a Stick Shift. Anything else past that is fairly negotiable.

If Ford sees reason and let's me order a 2.7 with the stick, then I'll upgrade the engine. If Ford lets me order a 4-door base (with stick) I might consider the larger truck.

Who knows what the 22 colors will be. I live in AZ, so "not black" and "not white" are my main concerns.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
January? Is that typical? Seems like most 22’s from other manufacturers will be on the lots by end of summer. I had heard fall, which seemed late to me. But January?
December. Ford is already on record as saying they would manufacture MY21 through the 1st week of December, shut down the line for one week, and then start building MY22 in week 3.

And yes, that is quite late by modern standards.
Sponsored