Sponsored

So, you’re now MY22... are you changing your build?

Are You Upgrading Now that You’re a MY22?

• Total voters

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Don't forget the factory tow package includes important wiring you need for a brake controller.

You can still get one even without the factory wiring in-place, it's just more work you have to do later.
Sponsored

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
. I’m still skeptical of the slide out tailgate. Given how easy that should have been, I think there are probably serious concerns from the Ford side on that.
Ford needs to admit defeat on the fake tailgate... and give us a real tailgate just like old Bronco. Mega Ultra bonus points if they give us a FSB style power window.

My hope is that if Ford doesn't offer it, that some mad aftermarket manufacturer will invent their own tailgate conversion/replacement

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d like to change from wildtrak to badlands. I got caught up in the build during the order process and overlooked the fact that I’d rather have rubber over carpet floor. Plus everyone here is selling me on mgv over leather seats. I still can’t decide on color.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have VIN# for (June 21 ?)

• 4Dr Base 2.7L Sasquatch, MIC, Aux - Velocity blue

Oct Granger res, will order MY22

• 2Dr Base 2.3L Manual Sasquatch, Aux - Yellow, Green?

MikeOU

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With that said if they tell me I'm getting a 2021 model in December of this year or January of 2022 I'd rather hold of on a 2022 model for sure. Mainly because I'd rather take delivery after Winter and I'd like to have the 2022 new options and paint colors available to me.
Got a call from the Sales Manager today seeing if I wanted to change to the MIC top. They are just getting around to "cleaning up" their orders. I'm staying Mod top and the other delayed commodities in my build.

I asked if he had any idea on when they would start MY22. Heard another guy in the background and they said that MY22 builds would start in December with delivery in January or early February. Who knows if accurate, but seems relevant here.

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got a call from the Sales Manager today seeing if I wanted to change to the MIC top. They are just getting around to "cleaning up" their orders. I'm staying Mod top and the other delayed commodities in my build.

I asked if he had any idea on when they would start MY22. Heard another guy in the background and they said that MY22 builds would start in December with delivery in January or early February. Who knows if accurate, but seems relevant here.
The dates you heard from your dealer are consistent with the ones I got from mine. Obviously predicated on zero to minimal further delays.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well kids, since this thread was first posted the wife has had a change of heart. She saw an Area 51 baby, and Race Red is now in the rear view mirror. With that change I decided to change a couple more things when the '22 order banks open. I'm gonna drop the Shadow Black top for the MIC, and changing from cloth to leather. Now, I just need to keep her away from the dealers lot so she can't see any other colors. :)

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I’m bumped and “metallic gas-can-in-the-sun green“ is available, I’ll switch from CO. Otherwise, I’m good.

Dogstyle

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had the toss up of Cactus or Carb Grey, then I saw the CG with a cowhide brown interior (think KIng Ranch). Fell in love, made my colour choice to find out Ford isn't offering the brown interior. Now having to sacrifice for marine black (super hot in the summer).
With my luck, I will get mine to find out Ford will be offering brown for 2022.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m using the latest feature of the build and price tool. The new button labeled “SURPRISE ME”.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had the toss up of Cactus or Carb Grey, then I saw the CG with a cowhide brown interior (think KIng Ranch). Fell in love, made my colour choice to find out Ford isn't offering the brown interior. Now having to sacrifice for marine black (super hot in the summer).
With my luck, I will get mine to find out Ford will be offering brown for 2022.
You're "sacrificing" for MGV because it gets super hot? Does it even get hot for the 6 weeks of summer that you have in Canada? Sorry for your sacrifice, but I'm having difficulty sympathizing over your predicament.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The dates you heard from your dealer are consistent with the ones I got from mine. Obviously predicated on zero to minimal further delays.
I got almost the same exact info from my dealer, who has been very good at communicating the reservation/ordering process to me. This is what he said:

”Thank you for reserving a Bronco with Camelback Ford! We will not burden you with multiple emails, but we will keep you informed. Your reservation will be moved to an order bank this fall for a 2022 Bronco that will arrive after the first of the year. Sometime in the fall I will reach out to you to confirm your build. An easy way to be prepared would be to follow these instructions, I would wait until you see the switch on FORD.COM’S site from a 2021 to a 2022, I will send you another email when that happens.”

He went on to say that he wanted me to go back to the Bronco configure site and confirm my build with any desired changes when the MY changes from 21 to 22. I’m really comfortable with this because it gives me some time (maybe too much!) to sort out options a bit more. I’m almost certain I will make some changes based on what I see at the dealer events here in Phoenix in the next week or so. FYI, my reservation and order were late, both back in March so this time frame is fine with me. Still really excited about getting another Bronco.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My biggest mental struggle is still ahead of me.

The price protected BL versus the heritage vapor trim that I am guessing I will love but also may turn out to have a price point too high for me to wheel, mod or drive dangerously.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If I was pushed back to MY22, then the green paint color is compelling.

However, i'll once again say that the Heritage Edition is unlikely to be available on all trim levels and with all the options people want.

Personally I have a zero-option Badlands with high package (2-door, 2.3/MT) "stripper" model aside from high package. So there's not a lot to lose if Heritage edition was available on Badlands. But something tells me it's going to be an OBX/Big Bend "appearance package" option only, much in the way that the California Special serves to de-tune the Mustang on the altar of vinyl and cheap stick-on plastic trim.

bigjwalt

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think my only possible adjustment may be the color of the hard top. Currently I am in line for the painted black......may change that to body color. I dont have the balls to go with the MY22 green color I have seen.
Sponsored