BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Edit. To be more clear, this post was designed for people who have a VIN and their dealer is being delivered. Not for people who are early in the ordering process and negotiating a purchase price. If you are ordering and he dealer is going to try to charge you an ADM best order somewhere else. Back to the original post:

There have been many a threads posted about a reservation holder getting surprised with an ADM (additional dealer mark-up) when being notified that their Bronco delivery is imminent or when they go to pick up their Bronco. As this practice is certain to continue as we head into 2022 and beyond, I thought we as a group could outline the steps a buyer can take should they find themselves in the same situation. This is not a place to argue about the importance of having a signed agreement in place when ordering, this thread is for those who didn’t do that and now need help.

Okay, so you just got off the phone with your salesperson and they have fed you a line of how the market has changed and they need to adjust the price of your Bronco and charge you an additional xx,xxx dollars above MSRP…

Step1 – Organize your information
  • Gather all documentation and correspondence with your dealer including, B&P pdfs, DORA sheet, texts, emails, phone logs, etc
  • Hopefully, you uncover a “smoking gun” that has your dealer agreeing to MSRP and/or no mark-ups
  • If possible, assemble a timeline of who you spoke to and about what
  • Locate dealership contact information/emails for the following. Most dealerships have a Staff listing under their About page. If a Staff page is not shown, try Googling the dealerships name along with the word staff to uncover that page
    • Sales Manager
    • General Manager
    • Dealership owner/principle
  • Also, more often than not these ADM's are "throw it against the wall and see if it sticks" approach by the dealer that can be resolved easily by meeting with them and talking things through
For the next few steps remember to be respectful, stern and don’t take no for an answer.

Step2 – Meet with your salesperson
  • For this step I would advise going into your dealership. It is easy to say no to someone on the phone or in an email and much more difficult to say no to someone’s face
  • Use the element of surprise, call dealership to verify your salesperson is working that day and head on in to meet with them
  • Start the conversation off with that you would like to talk to them about final Bronco pricing so there are no surprises and raise the following points:
    • All your correspondence is centered around MSRP with no mention of additional mark-up’s or price adjustments
    • Emphasize that additional mark-ups were not discussed at time of ordering
    • Outline the number of communications had with salesperson and opportunities they had to raise the ADM issue
    • The market has not changed for the reservation holder it has been delayed by circumstances beyond your control
    • Ford has not increased the dealers cost of the Bronco
    • You have no intent of flipping the Bronco for a profit (only state if true)
    • Other points to raise??
  • Feel free to bring in the spouse/grandma/kid or whomever you can and have them release the waterworks should the conversation start trending negatively
  • If your salesperson agrees to pricing the only additional step required is for you to get that agreement in writing, if no agreement attained then continue to next step
Step3 – Meet with sales manager or general manager
  • If your salesperson is unable to agree or must get up and check with the sales manager or GM I would advise ending conversation with the salesperson
  • Follow them to the decisions makers office and start over (a salesperson recommended to ask to speak to the GM and not follow the salesrep to the office)
  • Raise and emphasize the same points outlined in Step2
  • If the decision maker agrees to pricing the only additional step required is for you to get that agreement in writing, if no agreement attained then continue to next step
Step4 – Contact dealership owner/principles
  • Advise the decision maker that since they are unable to provide fair pricing you will be contacting (owners/principles name) about the situation and proceeding with a social media campaign should they not provide a satisfactory response
  • Email the check signers at the dealership and accurately describe your experience and your stated outcome, copy decision makers and salesperson
  • Let them know that if you do not receive a satisfactory response in 24 hours you are going to proceed with a social media campaign against them which will include:
    • Contacting Ford director of communications
    • Posting about your experience on SM platforms such as twitter, FB, etc
    • Contacting Automotive websites who have an interest in Bronco ADM’s
    • Posting about your experience on various Bronco forums
  • If the check signer agrees to pricing the only additional step required is for you to get that agreement in writing, if no agreement attained then continue to next step
Step 5 – Social Media Campaign
  • Unfortunately, your dealer still refuses to budge, so the gloves need to come off and you have one last ditch effort to try and shame them into fair pricing
  • Contact Mike Levine (director of Ford communications) via Twitter, short example of tweet:
    • Hi Mike, just another victim of Bronco ADM here. Glad I reserved at (dealership name) and waited months for my Bronco only to have them charge me $xx,xxx over MSRP! (include additional info if possible)
  • Tags (website links are to articles written about Bronco ADM's, there are probably more)
  • Leave negative review on Google accurately describing your experience
  • Post on the dealerships FB page accurately describing your experience
  • Post to Bronco6g accurately describing your experience and naming the dealership
  • Post to BroncoNation accurately describing your experience and naming the dealership
  • Post to different Bronco FB pages accurately describing your experience and naming the dealership
Step6 - Scorched Earth
  • Not a proponent of this option as I don't think it will resolve the issue and essentially causes both sides to become dug in
  • Expand the SM campaign by requesting forum members leave negative or one-star reviews on different platforms, Google, Yelp, FB, etc
  • Realize that this option will most likely not resolve the situation for you
Additional Info
  • Always be respectful but stern
  • At no time state that you don’t want your Bronco, or you are going to walk away. State that you need additional time to consider the offer
  • Do not agree to a decision deadline, instead state that you need additional time to consider their offer
  • This is also the time to negotiate Dealer Add-ons and state you don’t want them (ie, window etching, rust protection, nitrogen filled tires, etc)
  • Entire process should be expedient and not take more than 3 days
  • Try having them throw in extended warranties, years of free service, or other compensation equal to the ADM
This is by no means an end-all-be-all method for how to deal with a dealership charging ADM’s, instead, this post is meant to be an open-source strategy for those who find themselves in this situation. Please post other idea’s (legal ideas, no burning down the dealership and/or crashing a test drive) on how to approach this situation and/or additional steps that we think should be taken. I will edit/clean-up the outlined steps based upon feedback received.

If you are a victim of an ADM and got it resolved, please post your method for doing so. If you used the process outlined above, let us know where in the process you and your dealership agreed to pricing.

This should also serve as a reminder to those reordering a MY22 to get your deal in writing and signed.

Example of ADM being resolved by remaining calm and talking things through (post 73)
Example of scorched earth that does not seem to be getting resolved. Another thread by Sherminator indicates an agreement was reached but it was not for the reserved Bronco.
Example of ADM being resolved by escalating situation to owner

@Administrator feel free to sticky this thread if information proves to be beneficial
Sponsored

Last edited:

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There have been many a threads posted about a reservation holder getting surprised with an ADM (additional dealer mark-up) when being notified that their Bronco delivery is imminent or when they go to pick up their Bronco. As this practice is certain to continue as we head into 2022 and beyond, I thought we as a group could outline the steps a buyers can take should they find themselves in the same situation. This is not a place to argue about the importance of having a signed agreement in place when ordering, this thread is for those who didn’t do that and now need help.

Okay, so you just got off the phone with your salesperson and they have fed you a line of how the market has changed and they need to adjust the price of your Bronco and charge you an additional xx,xxx dollars above MSRP…

• Gather all documentation and correspondence with your dealer including, B&P pdfs, DORA sheet, texts, emails, phone logs, etc
  • Hopefully, you uncover a “smoking gun” that has your dealer agreeing to MSRP and/or no mark-ups
  • Locate dealership contact information/emails for the following. Most dealerships have a Staff listing under their About page. If a Staff page is not shown, try Googling the dealerships name along with the word staff to uncover that page
    • Sales Manager
    • General Manager
For the next few steps remember to be respectful, stern and don’t take no for an answer.

• For this step I would advise going into your dealership. It is easy to say no to someone on the phone or in an email and much more difficult to say no to someone’s face
  • Use the element of surprise, call dealership to verify your salesperson is working that day and head on in to meet with them
  • Start the conversation off with that you would like to talk to them about final Bronco pricing so there are no surprises and raise the following points:
  • All your correspondence is centered around MSRP with no mention of additional mark-up’s or price adjustments
    • Outline the number of communications had with salesperson and opportunities they had to raise the ADM issue
    • The market has not changed for the reservation holder it has been delayed by circumstances beyond your control
  • Feel free to bring in the spouse/grandma/kid or whomever you can and have them release the waterworks should the conversation start trending negatively
  • If your salesperson agrees to pricing the only additional step required is for you to get that agreement in writing, if no agreement attained then continue to next step
  • If your salesperson is unable to agree or must get up and check with the sales manager or GM I would advise ending conversation with the salesperson
  • Follow them to the decisions makers office and start over,
  • If the decision maker agrees to pricing the only additional step required is for you to get that agreement in writing, if no agreement attained then continue to next step
  • Advise the decision maker that since they are unable to provide fair pricing you will be contacting (owners/principles name) about the situation and proceeding with a social media campaign should they not provide a satisfactory response
  • Email the check signers at the dealership and accurately describe your experience and your stated outcome, copy decision makers and salesperson
  • Let them know that if you do not receive a satisfactory response in 24 hours you are going to proceed with a social media campaign against them which will include:
  • If the check signer agrees to pricing the only additional step required is for you to get that agreement in writing, if no agreement attained then continue to next step
  • Unfortunately, your dealer still refuses to budge, so the gloves need to come off and you have one last ditch effort to try and shame them into fair pricing
  • Contact Mike Levine (director of Ford communications) via Twitter, short example of tweet:
    • Hi Mike, just another victim of Bronco ADM here. Glad I reserved at (dealership name) and waited months for my Bronco only to have them charge me $xx,xxx over MSRP! (include additional info if possible)
  • Tags (website links are to articles written about Bronco ADM's, there are probably more)
  • Post to Bronco6g accurately describing your experience and naming the dealership
  • Post to BroncoNation accurately describing your experience and naming the dealership
  • Post to different Bronco FB pages accurately describing your experience and naming the dealership
Additional Info
  • At no time state that you don’t want your Bronco, or you are going to walk away. State that you need additional time to consider the offer
  • Do not agree to a decision deadline, instead state that you need additional time to consider their offer
  • This is also the time to negotiate Dealer Add-ons and state you don’t want them (ie, window etching, rust protection, nitrogen filled tires, etc)
This is by no means an end-all-be-all method for how to deal with a dealership charging ADM’s, instead, this post is meant to be an open-source strategy for those who find themselves in this situation. Please post other idea’s (legal ideas, no burning down the dealership and/or crashing a test drive) on how to approach this situation and/or additional steps that we think should be taken. I will edit/clean-up the outlined steps based upon feedback received.

If you are a victim of an ADM and got it resolved, please post your method for doing so. If you used the process outlined above, let us know where in the process you and your dealership agreed to pricing.

This should also serve as a reminder to those reordering a MY22 to get your deal in writing and signed.

@Administrator feel free to sticky this thread if information proves to be beneficial
Thank you for taking the time to put this together. This will help those that I think get caught off guard.

I'd also encourage any and all to share their experiences with their dealer in here.

Sponsored

Sassy BD

Black Diamond
First Name
DD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Grand Wagoneer, 16 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've signed 2 order confirmations. Once in March and another in August when I converted to soft top. Should I have requested that the dealer also sign the order form(s)?

My build week is penciled for 11/22...

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Possible ammo for step1/2 and discussions...if your dealership has automagical posting of inventory to their website even for custom orders screenshot/document the price for your VIN. My dealership does this, has my VIN listed and the MSRP price we agreed to.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Change dealerships. Mike Levine says.... Oh wait. That's all a bunch of :poop::poop:

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can someone confirm Ford will/can force dealers to abide by a written agreement?

It seems like Ford is (now) telling us to get a written agreement but also that they have zero say over what the dealers do.

Will they actually step in or is Ford just giving out life/legal advice?

I know Levine had a dealer remove ADM on a Mach E but that was very different.

@Ford Motor Company appears to no longer be monitoring this board.

Sponsored

MAFD

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I absolutely agree with this amazing list....the sad reality is dealerships don't care a bad review/ upset customers when they are making 30K over MSRP.

Regardless, I would still do it!

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There have been many a threads posted about a reservation holder getting surprised with an ADM (additional dealer mark-up) when being notified that their Bronco delivery is imminent or when they go to pick up their Bronco. As this practice is certain to continue as we head into 2022 and beyond, I thought we as a group could outline the steps a buyer can take should they find themselves in the same situation. This is not a place to argue about the importance of having a signed agreement in place when ordering, this thread is for those who didn’t do that and now need help.

• Sales Manager
    • General Manager

• Follow them to the decisions makers office and start over,
Additional Info

Outstanding plan of action!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Great write up Blue!

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The problem for most (since 3/4 of reservation holders won’t get a 2021 model) will be when we go in this month to reorder (like the OP touched on) and negotiate a price. If you had MSRP for a 2021, but now you’re getting a 2022, previous deals will most likely be off the table. Ford offered price protection thru certificates, but we don’t buy vehicles from Ford…. we buy from dealers who are looking to recover from a very tough sales year. The big question is going be what leverage do we (reservation/order holder) have when we are told during reorder/negotiations that there’s now a $10k ADM due to market value changes. Will Ford support us when we call the customer service line and request order transfer to another dealership. Since we have to authorize the reorder, what happens if we don’t? Does the order sit unfulfilled? Or can the dealership at some point order your Bronco and sell it as an abandoned order? Lots of questions…..not a lot of answers yet.
Sponsored