Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If my dealership pulls this scam with my order, then I will gather friends and family to protest in front of the dealership-on the public sidewalk of course- with signs and banners indicting they are a fraud.
Sponsored

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've signed 2 order confirmations. Once in March and another in August when I converted to soft top. Should I have requested that the dealer also sign the order form(s)?

My build week is penciled for 11/22...
absolutely do this. I also changed mine to a softie in August. I emailed my sales person after receiving the sales confirmations and returning my signed copy. A couple of days later I emailed stating that I've not yet received their countersigned copy. He would send me back my signed copy but not countersigned. I just responded a few hours later, I think it's important to show you aren't just hovering over your inbox, that he must have sent the wrong file as it doesn't have a signature. It took 3 attempts, but I did finally get it.

I have chosen to play dumb on the ADM issue until they bring it up, but as per this OP, I am saving all my emails in a folder so I can print em right away. I have also asked my attorney to guide me as to the formation of a contract in NY given that the dealer prepared both the order summary and the sales agreement with a matching price, showing my deposits ($100 reservation & $1000 at time of order), thus by emailing me those documents, there is some legal doctrine in some states that makes that effectively a signature. (check with counsel in your state, not the rest of us that play lawyer on the internet)

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I absolutely agree with this amazing list....the sad reality is dealerships don't care a bad review/ upset customers when they are making 30K over MSRP.

Regardless, I would still do it!
I have a research team of 5 people offshore for my business, they collectively cost me less than the ADM that would be charged, annually. For the same $, I can have an army blowing up their social media and review boards everywhere possible on the internet. It might even be worth crowd sourcing the funding and getting 100 people lined up to just start blasting any dealer that starts this shizz.

Last edited:

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never ever, ever, ever, ever, discuss anything related to your negotiation, emotion, approval, acceptance or feelings while at a Dealership or sitting in the salesman’s cubical while the “deal” is being discussed with the ”sales manager”. Someone may be listening….. That may be advice from the past, but why would you assume they were now honest anyway…..

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Can someone confirm Ford will/can force dealers to abide by a written agreement?
This isn't a Ford thing, this is basic contract law. The catch is, the DORA isn't the form you want. You want the Purchase Agreement form with it completed (tax, title, tag, doc fees, ADM, etc.) and have that signed by them, or a written statement "We charge no ADM" or "We charge $XXXX ADM" and have them sign that even if it's written on the DORA. NOTE: It isn't meaningful unless it has both their signature and yours! But once it does, Its as legal as any signed agreement at that point. I went the complete Purchase Agreement form for mine, signed by the sales manager and their business office manager as that's who handled the first edit to my order and she was doing that on all of them like she was told to.

Also, these dealerships rely heavily on their customer surveys. I do mean heavily. When it comes to sales and service. A lot of 1 star reviews will absolutely drive that point home.
Fun fact: The surveys for Ford work much like those where I work. Anything less than a perfect score, and it ultimately costs the dealership money. In Ford's Survey system, this means anything less than a 10 dings the dealership financially. As I saw it on the post I read about it, "Nine isn't good enough". This gets even more fun when you get the paper ones in the mail that are 20+ pages long that take forever to fill out. Don't ask me how I know, just hope I have enough ink to finish it when the time comes. :)

Sponsored

Fulber

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Jetta TDI, 09 Mercedes SL63
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Idea for anyone. This is what I got from my dealership to protect myself from ADM to give an idea of something in writing signed by general manager. Also guarantees they will not allow any test drives before I pick up.
Ford Bronco So, your dealer is charging you an ADM / Price Mark-Up, what can you do?? 72092F72-1CEC-4C8C-BD94-E827C046C157

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If faced with an ADM, ask or remind the dealer their cost for the Bronco (from Ford) did not go up...... so why the upcharge and where is it going?

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can someone confirm Ford will/can force dealers to abide by a written agreement?

It seems like Ford is (now) telling us to get a written agreement but also that they have zero say over what the dealers do.

Will they actually step in or is Ford just giving out life/legal advice?

I know Levine had a dealer remove ADM on a Mach E but that was very different.

@Ford Motor Company appears to no longer be monitoring this board.
Ford has *literally* suggested that we get a signed purchase agreement in their newest FAQ. That gives me more backing to ask for one than I've previously had. Although certainly enforcement is another issue.

Ford Bronco So, your dealer is charging you an ADM / Price Mark-Up, what can you do?? fordPA.JPG

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

It seems like Ford is (now) telling us to get a written agreement but also that they have zero say over what the dealers do.

I was just watching Tim Bartz weekly update. He talked about a customer in Hawaii that ordered a Maverick and the dealer tried to charge $9500 ADM and Ford got involved and the dealer dropped it I guess there is hope. he also talked about getting a signed agreement and read it carefully. Don't just assume it you see MSRP at the top, read all the through and look for add ons or adjustment charges.

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

He hasn't stepped in re: any broncos from what I've seen other than to scold buyers for not agreeing to price ahead of time.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
The problem for most (since 3/4 of reservation holders won’t get a 2021 model) will be when we go in this month to reorder (like the OP touched on) and negotiate a price. If you had MSRP for a 2021, but now you’re getting a 2022, previous deals will most likely be off the table. Ford offered price protection thru certificates, but we don’t buy vehicles from Ford…. we buy from dealers who are looking to recover from a very tough sales year. The big question is going be what leverage do we (reservation/order holder) have when we are told during reorder/negotiations that there’s now a $10k ADM due to market value changes. Will Ford support us when we call the customer service line and request order transfer to another dealership. Since we have to authorize the reorder, what happens if we don’t? Does the order sit unfulfilled? Or can the dealership at some point order your Bronco and sell it as an abandoned order? Lots of questions…..not a lot of answers yet.
I have thought this same thing. I had a verbal price agreement, but I'll bet a lot of dealers are not going to put an MSRP agreement in writing when we reorder. As far as leverage? Negative press on FB, Twitter etc. is really all we have. I hope Ford lets us take the order elsewhere, but seeing they changed the allotment rules in the middle of the game to benefit big dealers, I'm betting we're screwed if this happens. I won't pay ADM. I want a Bronco. I don't need one.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have thought this same thing. I had a verbal price agreement, but I'll bet a lot of dealers are not going to put an MSRP agreement in writing when we reorder. As far as leverage? Negative press on FB, Twitter etc. is really all we have. I hope Ford lets us take the order elsewhere, but seeing they changed the allotment rules in the middle of the game to benefit big dealers, I'm betting we're screwed if this happens. I won't pay ADM. I want a Bronco. I don't need one.
I've seen it posted several times that dealer change will be allowed. Don't know if that's speculation or someone actually confirmed it. I also heard on a video that the cutoff to update to 22 orders is 10-28.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've seen it posted several times that dealer change will be allowed. Don't know if that's speculation or someone actually confirmed it. I also heard on a video that the cutoff to update to 22 orders is 10-28.
I think you’re right because allowing reservation holders to change dealerships is one of the primary goals of their Allocation formula change. How else could they punish Granger if it weren’t by creating an environment by which reservation holders were forced to bail on Grainger and reorder with the large dealerships that will now have all the allocations? The formula change would be useless without allowing people to desert Grainger.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not confirmed. Just today we've had some dealers say you will be allowed to change, some dealers say you won't be allowed to change, some say you will be allowed to change only under specific conditions, and others admit that they haven't heard either way. Ford's been as clear as mud about it to the customers, too. Levine did say something on Twitter about switching but didn't seem clued in to any details.

Also I don't think that 10-28 is necessarily the last date you can reorder, but it's when MY22 scheduling begins, so if you want your order to be in the "buildable" pile as soon as the factory starts back up, that's the date you need to target.
Sponsored