Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There have been many a threads posted about a reservation holder getting surprised with an ADM (additional dealer mark-up) when being notified that their Bronco delivery is imminent or when they go to pick up their Bronco. As this practice is certain to continue as we head into 2022 and beyond, I thought we as a group could outline the steps a buyer can take should they find themselves in the same situation. This is not a place to argue about the importance of having a signed agreement in place when ordering, this thread is for those who didnā€™t do that and now need help.

Okay, so you just got off the phone with your salesperson and they have fed you a line of how the market has changed and they need to adjust the price of your Bronco and charge you an additional xx,xxx dollars above MSRPā€¦

Step1 ā€“ Organize your information
  • Gather all documentation and correspondence with your dealer including, B&P pdfs, DORA sheet, texts, emails, phone logs, etc
  • Hopefully, you uncover a ā€œsmoking gunā€ that has your dealer agreeing to MSRP and/or no mark-ups
  • If possible, assemble a timeline of who you spoke to and about what
  • Locate dealership contact information/emails for the following. Most dealerships have a Staff listing under their About page. If a Staff page is not shown, try Googling the dealerships name along with the word staff to uncover that page
    • Sales Manager
    • General Manager
    • Dealership owner/principle
For the next few steps remember to be respectful, stern and donā€™t take no for an answer.

Step2 ā€“ Meet with your salesperson
  • For this step I would advise going into your dealership. It is easy to say no to someone on the phone or in an email and much more difficult to say no to someoneā€™s face
  • Use the element of surprise, call dealership to verify your salesperson is working that day and head on in to meet with them
  • Start the conversation off with that you would like to talk to them about final Bronco pricing so there are no surprises and raise the following points:
    • All your correspondence is centered around MSRP with no mention of additional mark-upā€™s or price adjustments
    • Emphasize that additional mark-ups were not discussed at time of ordering
    • Outline the number of communications had with salesperson and opportunities they had to raise the ADM issue
    • The market has not changed for the reservation holder it has been delayed by circumstances beyond your control
    • You have no intent of flipping the Bronco for a profit (only state if true)
    • Other points to raise??
  • Feel free to bring in the spouse/grandma/kid or whomever you can and have them release the waterworks should the conversation start trending negatively
  • If your salesperson agrees to pricing the only additional step required is for you to get that agreement in writing, if no agreement attained then continue to next step
Step3 ā€“ Meet with sales manager or general manager
  • If your salesperson is unable to agree or must get up and check with the sales manager or GM I would advise ending conversation with the salesperson
  • Follow them to the decisions makers office and start over,
  • Raise and emphasize the same points outlined in Step2
  • If the decision maker agrees to pricing the only additional step required is for you to get that agreement in writing, if no agreement attained then continue to next step
Step4 ā€“ Contact dealership owner/principles
  • Advise the decision maker that since they are unable to provide fair pricing you will be contacting (owners/principles name) about the situation and proceeding with a social media campaign should they not provide a satisfactory response
  • Email the check signers at the dealership and accurately describe your experience and your stated outcome, copy decision makers and salesperson
  • Let them know that if you do not receive a satisfactory response in 24 hours you are going to proceed with a social media campaign against them which will include:
    • Contacting Ford director of communications
    • Posting about your experience on SM platforms such as twitter, FB, etc
    • Contacting Automotive websites who have an interest in Bronco ADMā€™s
    • Posting about your experience on various Bronco forums
  • If the check signer agrees to pricing the only additional step required is for you to get that agreement in writing, if no agreement attained then continue to next step
Step 5 ā€“ Social Media Campaign
  • Unfortunately, your dealer still refuses to budge, so the gloves need to come off and you have one last ditch effort to try and shame them into fair pricing
  • Contact Mike Levine (director of Ford communications) via Twitter, short example of tweet:
    • Hi Mike, just another victim of Bronco ADM here. Glad I reserved at (dealership name) and waited months for my Bronco only to have them charge me $xx,xxx over MSRP! (include additional info if possible)
  • Tags (website links are to articles written about Bronco ADM's, there are probably more)
  • Leave negative review on Google accurately describing your experience
  • Post on the dealerships FB page accurately describing your experience
  • Post to Bronco6g accurately describing your experience and naming the dealership
  • Post to BroncoNation accurately describing your experience and naming the dealership
  • Post to different Bronco FB pages accurately describing your experience and naming the dealership
Additional Info
  • Always be respectful but stern
  • At no time state that you donā€™t want your Bronco, or you are going to walk away. State that you need additional time to consider the offer
  • Do not agree to a decision deadline, instead state that you need additional time to consider their offer
  • This is also the time to negotiate Dealer Add-ons and state you donā€™t want them (ie, window etching, rust protection, nitrogen filled tires, etc)
  • Entire process should be expedient and not take more than 3 days
This is by no means an end-all-be-all method for how to deal with a dealership charging ADMā€™s, instead, this post is meant to be an open-source strategy for those who find themselves in this situation. Please post other ideaā€™s (legal ideas, no burning down the dealership and/or crashing a test drive) on how to approach this situation and/or additional steps that we think should be taken. I will edit/clean-up the outlined steps based upon feedback received.

If you are a victim of an ADM and got it resolved, please post your method for doing so. If you used the process outlined above, let us know where in the process you and your dealership agreed to pricing.

This should also serve as a reminder to those reordering a MY22 to get your deal in writing and signed.

@Administrator feel free to sticky this thread if information proves to be beneficial
I requested a final price and my dealer stated that ee need to wait until the VIN is issued. I suspect that once the VIN is issued, there is no vancellation of order option. This would mean that the desler gets the vehicle no matter what. I really wish I had a signed contract.

I plan on walking the lot and looking at the ADMs posted on other vehicles. If they charge more on my Bronco, that is gouging and should be reported to the State Consumer Affairs and the BBB.

How long do they have to hold the vehicle before they can sell it out from under you?
Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Tell them to pound sand and order one from Granger or Chapman and wait till it comes in. It's a mass produced, well, one day it will be a mass produced vehicle, lol, selling at invoice.

People were buying loaded Raptors for 9k off sticker in early 2020....

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Glad I harassed my dealer for MSRP in writing from a sales manager last year. Reconfirmed OTD via txt a couple weeks back.

I hope every reservation holder receives fair treatment and takes home their bronco at MSRP.

EEDEF905-B473-4EEF-A0A1-239C668F7051.jpeg

gooby

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i M-Sport, Black-Diamond 7SPD on Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

so basically:

>go to the dealership
>find the salesman
>if he's not there, corner the janitor and ask to speak to his manager. if they don't speak english, try repeating the following 3 phrases, one after the other, getting progressively louder each time:

• у Š¼ŠµŠ½Ń Š² штŠ°Š½Š°Ń… 14 ŠŗŠ¾ŃˆŠµŠŗ Šø у Š¼ŠµŠ½Ń Š°Š½ŠµŠ²Ń€ŠøŠ·Š¼Š°
  • Funktioniert Johnny Cash hier und verkauft er immer noch Pfadfinderkekse?
  • ĀæEl presidente de los Estados Unidos tiene mi Bronco escondido en Yucca Mountain?
>on the way out fart and step on his shoes

MRuby

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Bronco is here and my dealer wants to charge me $10k over MSRP. He doesn't care. I have until 7 PM to make a decision or they are selling it.
Terrible. I don't see any recourse but to pay it or walk after waiting forever for it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BlueBronco

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco is here and my dealer wants to charge me $10k over MSRP. He doesn't care. I have until 7 PM to make a decision or they are selling it.
Terrible. I don't see any recourse but to pay it or walk after waiting forever for it.
That sucks. Sounds like you may have to skip right to Step4 and quickly on to Step5. Light'em up on social media

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I absolutely agree with this amazing list....the sad reality is dealerships don't care a bad review/ upset customers when they are making 30K over MSRP.

Regardless, I would still do it!
$30K over MSRP? Where did you get that.

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I see you're in MD. What dealer?

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
We need a list of reputable dealers in the US that sell at MSRP.

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Basically, until you have a contract to purchase that is valid and enforceable in your state, or other agreement that might be enforceable in your state, you donā€˜t have any legal leverage.

My #1 best piece of advice is to get a contract if at all possible, and deal with a reputable dealer.

Sponsored

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base

6GJohnny

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There have been many a threads posted about a reservation holder getting surprised with an ADM (additional dealer mark-up) when being notified that their Bronco delivery is imminent or when they go to pick up their Bronco. As this practice is certain to continue as we head into 2022 and beyond, I thought we as a group could outline the steps a buyer can take should they find themselves in the same situation. This is not a place to argue about the importance of having a signed agreement in place when ordering, this thread is for those who didnā€™t do that and now need help.

Okay, so you just got off the phone with your salesperson and they have fed you a line of how the market has changed and they need to adjust the price of your Bronco and charge you an additional xx,xxx dollars above MSRPā€¦

Step1 ā€“ Organize your information
  • Gather all documentation and correspondence with your dealer including, B&P pdfs, DORA sheet, texts, emails, phone logs, etc
  • Hopefully, you uncover a ā€œsmoking gunā€ that has your dealer agreeing to MSRP and/or no mark-ups
  • If possible, assemble a timeline of who you spoke to and about what
  • Locate dealership contact information/emails for the following. Most dealerships have a Staff listing under their About page. If a Staff page is not shown, try Googling the dealerships name along with the word staff to uncover that page
    • Sales Manager
    • General Manager
    • Dealership owner/principle
For the next few steps remember to be respectful, stern and donā€™t take no for an answer.

Step2 ā€“ Meet with your salesperson
  • For this step I would advise going into your dealership. It is easy to say no to someone on the phone or in an email and much more difficult to say no to someoneā€™s face
  • Use the element of surprise, call dealership to verify your salesperson is working that day and head on in to meet with them
  • Start the conversation off with that you would like to talk to them about final Bronco pricing so there are no surprises and raise the following points:
    • All your correspondence is centered around MSRP with no mention of additional mark-upā€™s or price adjustments
    • Emphasize that additional mark-ups were not discussed at time of ordering
    • Outline the number of communications had with salesperson and opportunities they had to raise the ADM issue
    • The market has not changed for the reservation holder it has been delayed by circumstances beyond your control
    • Ford has not increased the dealers cost of the Bronco
    • You have no intent of flipping the Bronco for a profit (only state if true)
    • Other points to raise??
  • Feel free to bring in the spouse/grandma/kid or whomever you can and have them release the waterworks should the conversation start trending negatively
  • If your salesperson agrees to pricing the only additional step required is for you to get that agreement in writing, if no agreement attained then continue to next step
Step3 ā€“ Meet with sales manager or general manager
  • If your salesperson is unable to agree or must get up and check with the sales manager or GM I would advise ending conversation with the salesperson
  • Follow them to the decisions makers office and start over,
  • Raise and emphasize the same points outlined in Step2
  • If the decision maker agrees to pricing the only additional step required is for you to get that agreement in writing, if no agreement attained then continue to next step
Step4 ā€“ Contact dealership owner/principles
  • Advise the decision maker that since they are unable to provide fair pricing you will be contacting (owners/principles name) about the situation and proceeding with a social media campaign should they not provide a satisfactory response
  • Email the check signers at the dealership and accurately describe your experience and your stated outcome, copy decision makers and salesperson
  • Let them know that if you do not receive a satisfactory response in 24 hours you are going to proceed with a social media campaign against them which will include:
    • Contacting Ford director of communications
    • Posting about your experience on SM platforms such as twitter, FB, etc
    • Contacting Automotive websites who have an interest in Bronco ADMā€™s
    • Posting about your experience on various Bronco forums
  • If the check signer agrees to pricing the only additional step required is for you to get that agreement in writing, if no agreement attained then continue to next step
Step 5 ā€“ Social Media Campaign
  • Unfortunately, your dealer still refuses to budge, so the gloves need to come off and you have one last ditch effort to try and shame them into fair pricing
  • Contact Mike Levine (director of Ford communications) via Twitter, short example of tweet:
    • Hi Mike, just another victim of Bronco ADM here. Glad I reserved at (dealership name) and waited months for my Bronco only to have them charge me $xx,xxx over MSRP! (include additional info if possible)
  • Tags (website links are to articles written about Bronco ADM's, there are probably more)
  • Leave negative review on Google accurately describing your experience
  • Post on the dealerships FB page accurately describing your experience
  • Post to Bronco6g accurately describing your experience and naming the dealership
  • Post to BroncoNation accurately describing your experience and naming the dealership
  • Post to different Bronco FB pages accurately describing your experience and naming the dealership
Additional Info
  • Always be respectful but stern
  • At no time state that you donā€™t want your Bronco, or you are going to walk away. State that you need additional time to consider the offer
  • Do not agree to a decision deadline, instead state that you need additional time to consider their offer
  • This is also the time to negotiate Dealer Add-ons and state you donā€™t want them (ie, window etching, rust protection, nitrogen filled tires, etc)
  • Entire process should be expedient and not take more than 3 days
This is by no means an end-all-be-all method for how to deal with a dealership charging ADMā€™s, instead, this post is meant to be an open-source strategy for those who find themselves in this situation. Please post other ideaā€™s (legal ideas, no burning down the dealership and/or crashing a test drive) on how to approach this situation and/or additional steps that we think should be taken. I will edit/clean-up the outlined steps based upon feedback received.

If you are a victim of an ADM and got it resolved, please post your method for doing so. If you used the process outlined above, let us know where in the process you and your dealership agreed to pricing.

This should also serve as a reminder to those reordering a MY22 to get your deal in writing and signed.

@Administrator feel free to sticky this thread if information proves to be beneficial
So glad my order is with Zach and his team at Granger Ford. After speaking with him a few times personally over the last year, it's my opinion he would be the absolute last person to "go back on his commitment" or jack somebody's pricing. Is it possible? Unfortunately, yes because he like the rest.of.us is only human. But again, would be HUGELY suprised. Just saying.

MRuby

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I failed at my attempt to get them back to MSRP. Went all the way to the general manager. The fact is I didn't have a contract with them. A reservation through Ford yes. But, they own the truck from Ford and then they can re-sell it. Is it opportunistic of them? For sure. Will I buy from them again. No way. I predict many more people will have the same issue when their Broncos finally arrive and they have to pay for them. Dealers are going to cash in while they can.

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so glad I made friends with, and fish with, the dealership owner and staff that I have bought new cars from for the past 32 years.
Sponsored