Sponsored

SoCal Dealership - Granger-Style Pricing?

Bronco Fresh

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G80 Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long story...longer.

I'm a massive fan of the new Bronco but late to the reservation party. I placed my first reservation in June '21 with an unresponsive dealership that eluded ADM. I quickly canceled that and started over again in July. This time called a few local (San Gabriel Valley) dealerships to see which of the greedy b**tards were marking up orders. I settled on one that claimed MSRP only, and I plunked down the $100 to reserve. Right around the time of the "MICtastrophe," I got a call from the dealership that the order banks were closed, and my green dot "order' was on hold.
After ready all of the posts on Granger and their below invoice pricing, I wonder what CA dealership is offering the same type 'o deal on ordered units. I refuse to pay over MSRP for a mass-produced vehicle that I have to wait 6+ months for and cringe at the idea of paying MSRP for any vehicle at all. It might as well be for an order that I'm getting for a solid price if I'm waiting.

My point (finally) is there a SoCal dealership offering Granger-style pricing?
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Long story...longer.

I'm a massive fan of the new Bronco but late to the reservation party. I placed my first reservation in June '21 with an unresponsive dealership that eluded ADM. I quickly canceled that and started over again in July. This time called a few local (San Gabriel Valley) dealerships to see which of the greedy b**tards were marking up orders. I settled on one that claimed MSRP only, and I plunked down the $100 to reserve. Right around the time of the "MICtastrophe," I got a call from the dealership that the order banks were closed, and my green dot "order' was on hold.
After ready all of the posts on Granger and their below invoice pricing, I wonder what CA dealership is offering the same type 'o deal on ordered units. I refuse to pay over MSRP for a mass-produced vehicle that I have to wait 6+ months for and cringe at the idea of paying MSRP for any vehicle at all. It might as well be for an order that I'm getting for a solid price if I'm waiting.

My point (finally) is there a SoCal dealership offering Granger-style pricing?
Not that I ever heard of. There is a spreadsheet on this site somewhere that lists dealers that offer MSRP or also discounts, look for that in the ordering/pricing section.

You can always go with Granger, but right now I'd not expect to get that Bronco until the end of next year, if that. You'd be way back in line. My dealer is doing MSRP on all orders, since I was early I also got xplan. Quite some dealers closer to you should to MSRP I'd think. But I doubt you'll find below invoice anywhere in CA.

NavynutZ

Black Diamond
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Doubt you can get anything under MSRP in Cali unless you find a dealership that may be offering one of the plans ford has. From what I know, most Cali dealerships stopped offering X-plan. I picked up my BD and was able to use X-plan. I was an August 2020 reservation holder and was promised no ADM and ability to use xplan. Try @EricAtKearnyMesaFord in San Diego. They were great to work with. Not sure what they are offering anymore though.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Granger best asset is not their pricing (yes their pricing is great).

I think what sets them apart is ….They are straight forward, honest and take the time to communicate in a very detailed manner. They do what they say they will do.

OP
OP
Bronco Fresh

Bronco Fresh

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G80 Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not that I ever heard of. There is a spreadsheet on this site somewhere that lists dealers that offer MSRP or also discounts, look for that in the ordering/pricing section.

You can always go with Granger, but right now I'd not expect to get that Bronco until the end of next year, if that. You'd be way back in line. My dealer is doing MSRP on all orders, since I was early I also got xplan. Quite some dealers closer to you should to MSRP I'd think. But I doubt you'll find below invoice anywhere in CA.
I've seen that spreadsheet and its a bit outdated. A few of the SoCal dealerships that list no ADM are in fact doing ridiculous ADM (10K+)

Sponsored

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bob Villa Ford in Orange is advertising MSRP for reservations. Santa Monica Ford advertises MSRP for all manual Broncos (not sure if they mean ordered vehicle or abandoned vehicles). Kearny Mesa was offering x-plan equivalent pricing before(for those eligible), but I believe stopped that deal.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was told (as a few others on here were) that Galpin would not be adding a “market adjustment” and I have that in writing via email.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, there's still car dealerships open in CA?

Sucker for every seat.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most dealers who have been up in here have been open and honest. @Granger Ford, @StephensAutoCenter and @DealerInsider have a track record that they deliver as promised. Others have been totally up front that they will charge reservation/order holders no more than MSRP, but if they get acquired vehicles they'll add all the ADM the market will bear. The ones that decide to do ADM on reservation/order holders have gotten their pepes whacked on social media and have so far, generally caved...
Sponsored