Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi guys,

Has anyone here tried a soft cargo bag on a hardtop Bronco? I just need a place to store bulky lightweight items such as sleeping bags, air mattresses, blankets, etc... So I decided not to get a roof rack. I just can't justify the expense and added weight for the few days/weeks that I'll be camping during the year. However, I'm wondering how they perform on the highway.

I've been eying this particular one for a few months and have watched the price go down from $129.99 to $99, then $79.99, and today it went to $32.99 plus a $20 coupon! So it ended up costing me $13!!! I also bought some additional straps. The reason I chose this particular one is because of the height. It is the lowest one I could find on Amazon. Most are 18 inches and taller. This one is 13.4.

Here are some pictures:

Ford Bronco Soft Cargo Carrier w/o Roof Rack 81OLkjmVNzL._AC_SL1500_

Ford Bronco Soft Cargo Carrier w/o Roof Rack 814MYmZUBNL._AC_SL1500_

Ford Bronco Soft Cargo Carrier w/o Roof Rack 714RdzN7OfL._AC_SL1500_

And I ordered these additional straps to try out:

Ford Bronco Soft Cargo Carrier w/o Roof Rack 91dpiYvgFiL._AC_SL1500_

Ford Bronco Soft Cargo Carrier w/o Roof Rack 81dLLGb2-kL._AC_SL1500_

I'd appreciate feedback from those who have used or currently use a soft storage bag without a roof rack.

Here is the link: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09JNYST1B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks,

Ford Bronco Soft Cargo Carrier w/o Roof Rack 71sskMaAPGL._AC_SL1500_
Sponsored

broncowrangler

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Focus SE
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you end up trying this? I just ordered the same cargo bag and would like to use it with my roof rack, but without a basket mounted on the rack. Basically, I like the low-profile without a basket but am worried about carrying the cargo weight directly on the hard top. I can't find weight limits or recommendations anywhere online for the hard top itself. Let me know your experience.

OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you end up trying this? I just ordered the same cargo bag and would like to use it with my roof rack, but without a basket mounted on the rack. Basically, I like the low-profile without a basket but am worried about carrying the cargo weight directly on the hard top. I can't find weight limits or recommendations anywhere online for the hard top itself. Let me know your experience.
Love it. Check out my trip report here:https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/this-is-why-i-got-a-bronco-🐾-❄️.62855/
Sponsored