Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was thinking how fun it will be for the OP and his snow pile on his roof after he scoffs at everyone, drives around for a while, all toasty and warm in his ride, only to not remember that the roof isn't that insulated. The warmth from inside will melt some snow, he will then park, where it will freeze, and he will then have the extra weight on there for an extended period of time...oh, yeah, I can see it now. He will go to his dealer and cry foul that his top is ruined and stretched and sagged out and, by God, Ford should warranty replace it. Well, that is if he makes it there before the snow and ice he carted around fly off and annihilates someone behind him. So short-sighted and self-absorbed.

Hanverg07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Impressive pictures man! Glad to know the soft top held up that much of snow, be prepare bringing a proper tools next time.

Sponsored

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was reading an article on the huge amounts of snow the Sierras have gotten and the extent to which people try to go around closures. They even had plows that were stuck. However I came across the below. Was that you OP? 😜. Nice pics regardless.

Officer Charles Caster said he stopped a driver on Sunday who had 30 inches of snow atop his Ford Bronco. Caster told him to clear the snow from his vehicle before driving, and the driver replied, “Well, you should have seen it before.”

Edit: I didn’t make this up. See here. About middle of article. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ound-drivers-astray-sierra-nevada/9044433002/

OP
OP

CaliforniaBurrito

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was reading an article on the huge amounts of snow the Sierras have gotten and the extent to which people try to go around closures. They even had plows that were stuck. However I came across the below. Was that you OP? 😜. Nice pics regardless.

Officer Charles Caster said he stopped a driver on Sunday who had 30 inches of snow atop his Ford Bronco. Caster told him to clear the snow from his vehicle before driving, and the driver replied, “Well, you should have seen it before.”

Edit: I didn’t make this up. See here. About middle of article. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ound-drivers-astray-sierra-nevada/9044433002/
I swear it wasn't me 😂 although it sounds like it could be

Also not sure how people got the impression I went to Tahoe on I80. The Sierras span a couple hundred miles and I was far far south of Tahoe. Also did not drive on freeways.

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also not sure how people got the impression I went to Tahoe on I80. The Sierras span a couple hundred miles and I was far far south of Tahoe. Also did not drive on freeways.
Just poking fun. But you know that. A lot of the article talked about back roads too. Donner Pass last record December snow fall was, I think, in the 1970s at 179”. We are over 200” now for December.

In CA it seems feast or famine lately With the climate.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I was up there snow was accumulating while I was driving and the temp wouldn’t let it fly off. I also wasn’t sure how I was going to clear off the top of a high top ford transit passenger van.

310BroncoTK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470, Macan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mammoth ?

Sponsored

AshleyG

First Edition
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We went up to the Sierras for Christmas and got absolutely dumped on, 1-2 feet of snow in 1 night. I didn't quite realize just how much snow we were going to get overnight, and as we were staying at a hotel I had to park outside overnight.

The night before:
20211225_171652_2.jpg

The morning after:
20211226_090117.jpg

I was not prepared at all for this amount of snow, no brush, shovels, anything. But like every good Cali boy, I did have a pair of flip flops in the back that I was able to use to clear my windshield lol 😂

Resized_20211226_102336(3).jpeg

There was also quite the snow berm that had been built up in front of the truck from them plowing the parking lot. Again I didn't have a shovel, so I decided to just yolo it and was able to drive over it pretty easily after putting it into 4H.
A downside of the soft top of course is no re-window defroster, so I had to manually try to scrape the snow off the back plastic.

After clearing enough snow to be in a somewhat drivable state:
20211226_103241.jpg

20211226_103021_2.jpg

In hindsight my big concern would be I don't know how much snow the soft top can actually support. Thankfully the top didn't out right crumble or give out. Sitting inside you can definitely see the top material sagging down inbetween the cross supports. I could also see the top over the rear quarter windows was very strained. After the snow finally melts I'm a little curious to see if there has been any deformation of the top due to the weight, I'll also have to test the functionality to make sure it still folds back easily.

As for the roads and winter conditions we were mostly driving around on snowy roads, sometimes sanded, moving later into the day of slushy and icy roads. This is a stock badlands on 33" K02s and I left it in 4A all day and it was an absolute beast. No slipping or sliding and felt very composed the whole time. I felt very confident, even with seeing at least 5 cars that had slid off the road during the day. Here's some final pictures driving around during the day.

20211226_123727.jpg

20211226_123738.jpg

20211226_124726.jpg
I drove to Mammoth on Monday was an absolute blizzard/white out... Chose to take the Raptor 37, was wondering how my Bronco would handle it. My KO2's were amazing in it....

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, people saying clean off your roof, yeah that's the courteous thing to do. But do you live in cold climates and not daytrips? No one does that. People drive around with Civics with a foot of show. I wouldn't clean off my car top, much less a vehicle this high. Shit gets old fast when you just need to go. Much less snow blowing your damn driveway at 5am when you need to get to fricken work.
Maybe where you live, up here the vast majority clear off their roof like a responsible human being.

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe where you live, up here the vast majority clear off their roof like a responsible human being.
That's because you're from Canada, and everyone there is nice. I'm not an asshole, I really do clean my car off when possible. Most people here do not. Depends on sitch.

Last edited:

Packen8

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We went up to the Sierras for Christmas and got absolutely dumped on, 1-2 feet of snow in 1 night. I didn't quite realize just how much snow we were going to get overnight, and as we were staying at a hotel I had to park outside overnight.

The night before:
20211225_171652_2.jpg

The morning after:
20211226_090117.jpg

I was not prepared at all for this amount of snow, no brush, shovels, anything. But like every good Cali boy, I did have a pair of flip flops in the back that I was able to use to clear my windshield lol 😂

Resized_20211226_102336(3).jpeg

There was also quite the snow berm that had been built up in front of the truck from them plowing the parking lot. Again I didn't have a shovel, so I decided to just yolo it and was able to drive over it pretty easily after putting it into 4H.
A downside of the soft top of course is no re-window defroster, so I had to manually try to scrape the snow off the back plastic.

After clearing enough snow to be in a somewhat drivable state:
20211226_103241.jpg

20211226_103021_2.jpg

In hindsight my big concern would be I don't know how much snow the soft top can actually support. Thankfully the top didn't out right crumble or give out. Sitting inside you can definitely see the top material sagging down inbetween the cross supports. I could also see the top over the rear quarter windows was very strained. After the snow finally melts I'm a little curious to see if there has been any deformation of the top due to the weight, I'll also have to test the functionality to make sure it still folds back easily.

As for the roads and winter conditions we were mostly driving around on snowy roads, sometimes sanded, moving later into the day of slushy and icy roads. This is a stock badlands on 33" K02s and I left it in 4A all day and it was an absolute beast. No slipping or sliding and felt very composed the whole time. I felt very confident, even with seeing at least 5 cars that had slid off the road during the day. Here's some final pictures driving around during the day.

20211226_123727.jpg

20211226_123738.jpg

20211226_124726.jpg

Nice Ride dude !! but use a little common sense next time you drive in snow and clean the snow off of your vehicle !

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco was made for this!! No problems with the soft top in the snow. Bronco handles very well in the snow. I am using 33” Goodyear. LOVE THIS BRONCO!! I live up the mountain in Waynesville NC and this Bronco goes up like a goat !!

AED7F0E3-5D7A-437D-B830-AA61F6E71F4A.jpeg

553332C3-4BA8-4AFE-8BE7-2464799B4DCD.jpeg
Sponsored