JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am interested in care and cleaning of the soft top and want to pick the brain of anyone who has had a convertible top past or present. Vinyl is sort of a different animal, so if you can please limit responses to just cloth/canvas experience it would be most applicable.
I have been researching and it looks like RaggTopp, Bestop, and 303 are the dominant products, so I added a poll for convenience.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just bought some stuff on Amazon because absolutely no local store carries anything for soft tops. You need a soft brush to clean the fabric, a good cleaner, and plastic window cleaner. I haven't done it yet because all of my goodies just came recently.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
303 has continued to make my 8yr old jeep top look like new. When I take off the windows before leaving the house, I hang the windows by clips on the wall. If out and about and removing the windows, I have a felt roll that has multiple layers that I insert one window per layer, roll them up and stick the entire thing into a storage bag. Only soap and water on the windows. No windex!

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've used the 303 on my Z3, but so far it seems the best thing you can do for your soft top is to make sure you don't drive into a garage with it up where it can get smashed....303 ain't gonna help that. 😁

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had a Miata for a couple years and had good luck with the Griots convertible top cleaner, FWIW.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Getting an xpel ceramic coat in a couple of weeks and they will be coating the soft top as well. I’ll follow their warranty instructions from there - but, otherwise I would go 303.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

303 has continued to make my 8yr old jeep top look like new. When I take off the windows before leaving the house, I hang the windows by clips on the wall. If out and about and removing the windows, I have a felt roll that has multiple layers that I insert one window per layer, roll them up and stick the entire thing into a storage bag. Only soap and water on the windows. No windex!
Can you share the felt roll and storage bag you use for the soft top windows?

Also, you don't use any cleaners on the soft top windows, like Plexus or 210? Will those damage the soft top windows?

OP
OP
JaxGtc

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My plan right now is to not wash the soft top with any car wash product containing wax or ceramic. Just plain mild soap and water on the top and windows. I will probably not wash the top every time either, just the windows. When the water stops beading, I will use RaggTopp protectant. (I also have 303 protectant to test)
Looks like the key with windows is never rub them dry or put cleaners on them.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pretty sure “wax” is the only acceptable answer…