JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
RaggTopp is another cleaner and protectant that is used on high end convertible tops.
Naturally Bestop has a product as well.

I plan to use the RaggTopp products.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just gonna post a similar question, we had a Miata some 20 or so years ago, no soft top since then, and we didn't do anything to that one back then. I plan to keep my Bronco softie top in top condition.
I'm thinking about applying Adam's UC Graphene Ceramic Coating after a good detailing and claybaring. They say use on any surface, but didn't give me a very clear answer regarding the soft top when I contacted them. So I'll rather stick with something soft top proven, same for the plasticwrap windows.
I think of going with a chemical guys set for the washing part. I washed my currently 18 year old Tacoma maybe 20 times. It also cost a LOT less than my Bronco, and it's just boring silver, not Cyber Orange. I'm gonna keep that orange nice and shiny for a good while, probably playing some good old style reggae on the stereo.

Couple more weeks for me, hope you all get yours soon!

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've had a soft top Jeep for going on 10 years and had 3 different tops on it. The factory one, traded someone my factory for a Trektop that top ended up being garbage and bought the different Trektop I have now that is about 5 years old.

I see you're in Arkansas but I'll just blanket statement this for whoever reads it.

Don't scrape snow or ice off in the winter, could crack them. Seriously in the winter just don't touch them. Like use the weight of the brush at most to get snow off but that's about it. Get used to using your mirrors until the back window melts up. Hopefully Ford put some afterburner heaters in these things like Jeep does.

Don't try to remove the windows in the winter, could crack them

Don't rub them when they are dry it will put swirls in them. If you want to clean them either do it when you're washing the vehicle or use a wet towel.

Back in the day we'd lube up the zippers in the fall so they'd still work smooth in the spring but I believe these new ones are zipper free, mine now only has zippers on the sides of the rear window.

That's all I do with mine, it still looks and operates like new and could easily see getting another 5+ years out of it. I run it all year long even through our harsh 120" snow winters.
Unless like me you live in California.....no.....snow......no ice......lately no rain.....

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone here used a ceramic coating or something similar? Never have had soft tops before, and is there any tint you can put on vinyl? I live in Phoenix, Az and heat here is brutal
I’m getting an XPEL ceramic coat next week. I’ll report back. Right now it looks like a wet sock in the rain.
Ford Bronco Soft top care and maintenance? 04BE6C56-548C-46EC-9367-CB4E89D2715E

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m getting an XPEL ceramic coat next week. I’ll report back. Right now it looks like a wet sock in the rain.
Ford Bronco Soft top care and maintenance? 04BE6C56-548C-46EC-9367-CB4E89D2715E
Damn that is some TINT!! Did the soft top window come that way, or did you have something done to it to get it that dark? Did you also tint the rear door windows?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Damn that is some TINT!! Did the soft top window come that way, or did you have something done to it to get it that dark? Did you also tint the rear door windows?
Only tint I added was to the front (also xpel) to match the rest.

MConn

Outer Banks
First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone from a colder zone have experiences they would like to share about a soft top in the winter? I like the look of the hard top but I like the convenience and timeline of the soft top.
I live in Pittsburgh so there is snow... and I don't have a garage. I am considering erecting some type of pavilion or carport to park under but being that I will be predominantly working from home, I won't be driving daily in the winter. I'm nervous about the top being out in the elements and not in a garage.

Is anyone in the same boat?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is anyone in the same boat?
I’m considering a carport. Just out of ease of keeping snow off of it and protecting it from the elements. But, I don’t think it’s necessary. Just don’t use a scraper on the plastic windows.

So, the top no longer looks like a wet sock in the rain. I’ll report back with the product used by the detailer. He did an amazing job on the ceramic. The product for the top wasn’t XPEL as I originally thought. 12 month applications. I’ll likely do it myself moving forward. He’s sending me a list of chemicals that I can DIY.

This is after hours and hours of downpour.

Ford Bronco Soft top care and maintenance? 2C0A02FF-4863-4236-A74E-FAC45442DB27

MConn

Outer Banks
First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m considering a carport. Just out of ease of keeping snow off of it and protecting it from the elements. But, I don’t think it’s necessary. Just don’t use a scraper on the plastic windows.

So, the top no longer looks like a wet sock in the rain. I’ll report back with the product used by the detailer. He did an amazing job on the ceramic. The product for the top wasn’t XPEL as I originally thought. 12 month applications. I’ll likely do it myself moving forward. He’s sending me a list of chemicals that I can DIY.

I'd love to know the products you use. I officially switched so hopefully that helps my timeline.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's quite the improvement over your wet noodle picture earlier! Looks good!

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Expedition, 2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Learned some stuff here. Thanks!

I’ve been using Invisible Glass wipes w/o an issue. But, I guess I’ll switch over. My father in law works on boat upholstery and suggested something…I’ll get the name.

I bought a bottle of Blue Magic, but haven’t used it yet because I was advised to not put anything on it if I plan on ceramic. Also noticed 303 makes one and I like their products….

I’m planning on ceramic coat in the coming weeks.

Has anyone here used a ceramic coating or something similar? Never have had soft tops before, and is there any tint you can put on vinyl? I live in Phoenix, Az and heat here is brutal

I was just gonna post a similar question, we had a Miata some 20 or so years ago, no soft top since then, and we didn't do anything to that one back then. I plan to keep my Bronco softie top in top condition.
I'm thinking about applying Adam's UC Graphene Ceramic Coating after a good detailing and claybaring. They say use on any surface, but didn't give me a very clear answer regarding the soft top when I contacted them. So I'll rather stick with something soft top proven, same for the plasticwrap windows.
I think of going with a chemical guys set for the washing part. I washed my currently 18 year old Tacoma maybe 20 times. It also cost a LOT less than my Bronco, and it's just boring silver, not Cyber Orange. I'm gonna keep that orange nice and shiny for a good while, probably playing some good old style reggae on the stereo.

Couple more weeks for me, hope you all get yours soon!
Gtechniq I1 Smart Fabric. Have this properly installed on your soft top, either by a local detailer or you can do it yourself if you're not a silly goose, sop that soft top in this and your Bronco will be beading like a freshly waxed duck that just fell in a tub of molten butter on a hot summers morn! HOT DAWG, it's glorious, trust me.

Hydrophobic like you ain't seen!

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gtechniq I1 Smart Fabric. Have this properly installed on your soft top, either by a local detailer or you can do it yourself if you're not a silly goose, sop that soft top in this and your Bronco will be beading like a freshly waxed duck that just fell in a tub of molten butter on a hot summers morn! HOT DAWG, it's glorious, trust me.

Hydrophobic like you ain't seen!
awesome, thanks for the tip, I'll check it out! Only problem I see with applying it myself is how to get it up there without a scaffolding, LOL. Maybe I'll buy a collapsible one, could be handy to have for other things and also for washing this taller than my 6'3'' self.
Would you use this on the windows too or use something else for those? Or just leave them be?

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Expedition, 2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
awesome, thanks for the tip, I'll check it out! Only problem I see with applying it myself is how to get it up there without a scaffolding, LOL. Maybe I'll buy a collapsible one, could be handy to have for other things and also for washing this taller than my 6'3'' self.
Would you use this on the windows too or use something else for those? Or just leave them be?
Yeah, getting up top sure is a bit of a trick. We use those collapsible platforms. They are very useful for getting roofs.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Werner-..._X2ZCBr3fONuXC9p_yBoCsdwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Also, no, Smart Fabric is definitely just designed for fabrics, carpets etc. Glass is totally different, you can have G1 Clear Vision installed. It's meant to last up to 20,000 miles. Though your windshield will suffer degradation quicker than the other glass, due to it being on the front and any time you use your wipers you will wear is slightly. But when it is freshly installed it is fantastic. I've driven down the highway in full on rain storms with my wipers off and the water just shoots right off.
Sponsored